Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas Reacts To Wilder's Refusal To Shake Hands With Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
    Anybody crying about wilder not shaking his hand is soft. Not only was the guy out of it clearly, there’s a reason it was a dogfight. Because both men are dogs. Wilder with every ounce of his being wanted to beat Fury. It’s gonna take time for him to accept that as hard as he tried he couldn’t do it.
    He had 3 fights to analyze it, you would think he'd get the knack by now. I get being disappointed but Wilder is what he was raised to be. A pure, phony hypocrite. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
      Teddy ur an astute boxing guy and u are good at talking about certain things but sometimes u sound ridiculous. Wilder made excuses galore the 1st fight. Add that to his refusal to shake Fury's hand and that adds up to a sore loser. He was so narcissistic and delusional to begin with that he is unable to process getting his ass whipped. He'd rather push lies and BS than to admit he lost fair and square. Its doubtful he can ever lose gracefully. Just like Trump
      Funny you bring that up, but do you have any idea how many voting discrepancies there are in the 2020 election? I bet you don't and yet, you still say things like this. And congrats on Brandon's performance in the white house, a real winner

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Here's what funny.

Leonard/Hagler - "The Super Fight".

Hagler was so pissed at the scores and the outcome that not only did he not show respect, he never really forgave Leonard, he left the F'n US and went into isolation until Fight Night Round 3 came out. Then was hardly ever seen again.

Nobody criticized Hagler for that "lack of sportsmanship".

The current boxing community - if we can call it that anymore - has definitely gone SAWFT. They don't understand grudge matches. They don't understand when fighters pour everything into something and fall short, regardless of why, some fighters have their pride. And I respect those fighters for sticking to that pride. Don't do what the fans expect you to do just because of social media. Be your own damn man.

Wilder is the only current heavyweight that went in the ring and backed up what he said - which was he will literally try to fight until he can't stand.

Instead of Frank "Don't Touch Me" Sanchez or Anthony "Catch Me" Joshua or Prince Charles "I'm just going to lay here" Martin or Curtis "I'm Out" Harper, or any of these other fighters who aren't true warriors. F 'em
        In Hagler's defense, he felt he was robbed. This wasn't the case with Wilder. There have been plenty of times in sports history where failure to congratulate the winner have been called out. Remember when the Pistons walked off the floor after the Bulls defeated them? They were called classless, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mromano View Post
          Double edged sword there, but I am a firm believer of showing respect to the guy you've went to war with 3 times. I do understand 100% that after being beaten soundly again, its tough to accept and your spirits are really broken. At the end of the day, you should make an effort to at least tell the guy, "good fight man"
          However, Wilder doesn't owe Fury that though. Has Wilder shown Fury enough love already?.How much love does Tyson need from Deontay man?

Wilder gave him two title shots that he didn't earn, gave him two bites at the apple and threw him two life lines when hardly no one knew that he was gone from the sport of boxing or even knew that he still existed.

It's because no one cared. He wasn't missed while he was away from boxing. It was Wilder who help raised Fury's name to global prominence and from the ashes.

Moreover, It's Wilder prerogative whether or not to shake Fury's hand and forgive him. it's not mandatory. It's a privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

However, Wilder doesn't owe Fury that though. Has Wilder shown Fury enough love already?.How much love does Tyson need from Deontay man?

Wilder gave him two title shots that he didn't earn, gave him two bites at the apple and threw him two life lines when hardly no one knew that he was gone from the sport of boxing or even knew that he still existed.

It's because no one cared. He wasn't missed while he was away from boxing. It was Wilder who help raised Fury's name to global prominence and from the ashes.

Moreover, It's Wilder prerogative whether or not to shake Fury's hand and forgive him. it's not mandatory. It's a privilege.
            I see what you're saying, but I do think Fury got a ton of prominence when he beat Klitchko. Also you're correct, its not mandatory to show respect to your opponent after a war in the ring, but once all the tension is done, all the crap talk, all the meaningless banter of promoting the fight, there should be some level of respect. It's Wilder's right to feel how he does, especially after he accused Fury of cheating and truly believing it. End of the day in my opinion and I may be in the minority, but you should go tell your opponent good fight and shake hands like men and then go your separate ways.
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Nevermind what Wilder's doesn't owe Fury
              You should pay what You Owe me....
              **$100
              You full of BS Fan boy!
              Last edited by greeneye99; 10-14-2021, 05:28 PM.
              LoadedWraps LoadedWraps likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

Yeah yeah yeah. You are the biggest bag of wind on here. Before the fight you were talking about how Fury can't "cheat" and would get demolished by Deontay in a fair fight. Now that Fury beat his ass fair and square (again), you're still talking out of your arse and accusing Fury of nonsensical gibberish.
                Transgressions he committed? WTF are you talking about? Wilder was the one talking about wanting a body on his record and being out for blood. It's a fight you moron. They are in their to damage their opponent. It's the FIGHT GAME. What did you think Fury was going to take it easy on Wilder after all the lies he spewed and excuses he made.
                I don't know who's a more delusional, whiny biatch, you or Wilder.
                Just keep playing Wilder's "greatest hits" and Trump's 2016 inauguration on repeat and you can stay in the fantasy world in your head.
                Agreed with all of the above bro
                Let me add that
                He's also a huge Fraud he bet me $100 on the Wilder victory
                Loss
                Agreed to pay me then made me send him my personal details
                Then decided he ain't paying
                Total imbecile

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_sh*t View Post

Yesterday you were piously telling us all how much of a good sport you were in congratulating Fury on his victory and acknowledging him as the superior fighter... Whilst lambasting us all from up on your high horse for denigrating Wilder.

Keep those Wildersexual tears flowing. I can't wait for tomorrow's spin.
                  This guy Champion4ever is super weird and a huge Fraud
                  Smh

Comment

I normally agree wholeheartedly with Teddy Atlas, but here I must point out that after all the "I'm not making excuses for him" talk he made on the podcast, he followed it up with an enormous amount of Bullsh**........Someone being concussed, doesn't make them less of a gentlemen. Someone going through a tough, hard fought battle doesn't make them less classy in defeat.......All of that has much to do with the character & maturity of that specific individual. Wilder spent 20 months slaughtering the character and dignity of Fury. Even right before the fight Wilder and his camp questioned everything from the gloves, to the boxing sanction's "loyalty", etc.....only for him to, YET AGAIN, beat Wilder fair and square in the ring for the 'THIRD' time..........
                    Gypshot Gypshot likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Nevermind what Wilder's doesn't owe Fury
                      You should pay for You Owe me
                      **$100
                      You full of BS Fan boy!
                      Greeny! Why are you doing this? This is an open and public forum and you are one of NSB's most knowledgeable posters. So don't disgrace yourself here.

Comment

Working...
                      X