Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smash
    replied
    Originally posted by denium View Post

That looks like the guy who knocked AJ out a few fights ago.
    lol almost a mirror image

Leave a comment:

• Tatabanya
    replied
    Any heavyweight who fights Fury on his worst night, perhaps after a period of insufficient training plus private problems, etc.

Basically, the new Buster Douglas.

Or perhaps this man.
    Last edited by Tatabanya; 10-13-2021, 06:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• asgarth
    replied
    Stylistically, it should be a shorter fighter, but not significantly outsized, who also has explosive punches and significant power and is quick enough to beat him to the punch with overhand right counters and someone who has proper head movement defense to avoid Furys punches.
    But then he also needs to be very athletic to get in and out properly without smothering his work and avoid getting tied up on the inside.
    Then he needs proper conditioning to do that in a 12 round fight, especially when Fury decides to do his mauling boxing at one point in case he gets beaten to the punch.

Leave a comment:

• Toffee
    replied
    You don't need a superhuman. You just need the style that won't suit him. Everyone's got one.

Not a boxer. A really exceptional boxer would make it interesting, but I think his size and awkwardness probably wins out.

Not an out and out puncher. He'll make them look ****** 9 times out of 10.

A good sized Boxer/Puncher who isn't afraid to come forward and pressure is the style to get him. It's why I always thought he'd never face AJ, regardless of who I think would beat more of the other contenders. But AJ's unwillingness to come forward against Usyk has given me some doubts on that fight.

The chin is a myth. He can be hit and he can be hurt. His footwork isn't great (except for his size). He doesn't throw big punches. But he is huge and good at most things.

And then there's his discipline. Probably the greatest threat to him is himself.

Leave a comment:

• removed
    replied
    Originally posted by mlac View Post

just like i was in the minority saying he would school AJ
    Good shout, i predicted the same.

Leave a comment:

• mlac
    replied
    Originally posted by denium View Post

You're in the minority mate, Fury is a -300 betting favourite to win.
    just like i was in the minority saying he would school AJ

Leave a comment:

• removed
    replied
    Originally posted by mlac View Post
    ill take that 'midget Ukrainian' to beat him tbf.
    You're in the minority mate, Fury is a -300 betting favourite to win.

Leave a comment:

• mlac
    replied
    ill take that 'midget Ukrainian' to beat him tbf.

Leave a comment:

• Rockybigblower
    replied
    Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

Butterbean with Wilder's right hand will do the job
    Who asked you? But seeing as you are here...I noticed you didn't mention any of Joshua's attributes like his feather fists and glass jaw.

Leave a comment:

• BangEM
    replied
    John "The Real Big John" McDermott!

john-mcdermott-whiteblue-shorts-defeats-larry-olubamiwo-in-a-heavyweight-boxing-contest-for-the-southern-area-title-at-york-hall-bethnal-green-lo-2B7W637.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X