No announcement yet.

DAZN PPV Coming Soon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAZN PPV Coming Soon?

Looks like they have started to survey their customers on having certain cards on PPV going forward. Honestly, it makes sense and if they were to ever sign Joshua, then his fights would certainly have to be on PPV. When boxing is your major sport that you have, then you can't really make a profit just off subscription money. Certain fights will need to go on PPV to cover the purses.

I don't know if this will just be a UK thing as stateside at least they don't really have any PPV fights to put on at the moment. That can change if/when Canelo returns or a big Ryan Garcia fight down the line.
    Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

$99 a yr in the US, with 1m subs, would only get them $99m a yr and isnt enough to pay all these guys. America being a nation of 300m people, is a big enough marketplace to get 10m annual subs...but boxing is in the ****ter over there. Mostly because of the hoodrat mentality that is always hating and not embracing the beauty of the sport.
    apart from that, no, i wont ever pay DAZN for ppv. ill rather pay itv for box office. dazn are supposed to be non-ppv sub only.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspired View Post
      $99 a yr in the US, with 1m subs, would only get them $99m a yr and isnt enough to pay all these guys. America being a nation of 300m people, is a big enough marketplace to get 10m annual subs...but boxing is in the ****ter over there. Mostly because of the hoodrat mentality that is always hating and not embracing the beauty of the sport.
      apart from that, no, i wont ever pay DAZN for ppv. ill rather pay itv for box office. dazn are supposed to be non-ppv sub only.
      What do you mean by the hoodrat mentality?

Comment

Not surprised, nor should anyone else. They said all along that for the right bout occasionally there would be PPVs. I'm hoping they only charge new customers for PPV. i.e if you've been subscribed for 3 months prior to an event, it'll be included for us.

Comment

I expected it, Ever since DAZN gave us a an AJ,Golovkin,Canelo,Queen Ry fight in the span of 1 month for only 2 dollars back in december.

They probably lost big money right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspired View Post
            Facts. Specially considering we got an AJ, Golovkin, Canelo and Queen Ry fights for just 2 dollars back in december.

Comment

I hope not. What about the new business model of selling subscriptions?

Comment

Yep it's coming; Especially in the U.K. Because Eddie has packed his bags and moved most of his headquarters back to the U.K. now. He never found a market for DAZN stateside because he.had trouble signing talent..
                Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

But Eddie said “PPV is dead” right?
                  Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Hell yeah.. Charge those Brits for PPV.

Comment

Working...
                    X