No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beaten Wilder's Status Elevated By Truly Great Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beaten Wilder's Status Elevated By Truly Great Fight

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Deontay Wilder got what he had coming. Sort of. Though a devastating right hand from Tyson Fury crashed unabated into the left side of his skull, rendered him competitively limp and careening toward the ring floor at T-Mobile Arena on Saturday, his never-say-die credo was left intact.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't like Wilder at all, but you have to respect that performance, pure grit and iron will.

Sometimes you win even when you lose.

Comment

I think theres a very forced attempt to push this narrative, like they're trying to salvage his credibility. We all know he hits hard and is exciting to watch because of his mix of power and vulnerability, doesnt change the fact that he was doubled up for landed strikes, beaten from pillar to post and knocked out by a guy who was pre-Wilder trilogy considered to be pillow fisted. I think plenty of other HWs right now could give a better account of themselves vs Fury than Wilder did, it may not be as exciting and they may not get the knockdowns because they dont have that same Hail Mary power, but they wont make Fury look like he has the slickness of Ali mixed with the strength and power of Foreman either.

Comment

He went out like a warrior and I can’t wait to see him in the ring against the likes of Joshua, Whyte, Ruiz, Usyk, etc.

Comment

Imagine the respect he'd have earned if it wasn't for all the pathetic excuses and the treatment of Mark Breland.

He still looks like a petulant toddler from here.

Comment

Wilder gets props for hanging in there taking punishment but he’s a awful boxer . He’s been managed weak to get this far without more beat downs

He boxed as bad as I’ve seen Him box , literally has nothing to offer apart from the wild right hand

If wilder was to fight a another pressure fighter with a chin he’d be cooked again . Joyce for instance would destroy him

Comment

I'm so sick of casual fans that dont appreciate greatness and only "Repeat" what some critics and analysts say. There are many different styles of boxing just like mma and not every fighter from boxing/mma uses every style. The same people that call deontay wilder trash are the same ones that think the same about Mayweather because floyd chooses to hit and not get hit. Wilder is an all time Great and No one beats him but a cheat.

Comment

Boom Boom nailed it. Personally I seen a one sided beating. Wilder won a round(4th) and maybe one more if they were generous. That 4th round got everyone thinking this was a close fight. It wasn't. I think I've never witnessed a fighter, Wilder, more " out on his feet " and 1 punch from being knocked senseless that I have in any other fight I've ever watched. That's more on Fury for smothering his own punches. Fury is a great champ but he is flawed. He should've had Wilder out of there much sooner. Wilder looked punch drunk from the 3rd round on. Can Wilder crack ? Sure he can but geesh, he certainly telegraphs that right hand. You can see it coming from a mile away. Not disguised at all. Who has Wilder beat ? That's the more appropriate question. My gut feeling is someone besides Fury is going to knock Wilder stiff. And soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolophenomenal View Post
                  I'm so sick of casual fans that dont appreciate greatness and only "Repeat" what some critics and analysts say. There are many different styles of boxing just like mma and not every fighter from boxing/mma uses every style. The same people that call deontay wilder trash are the same ones that think the same about Mayweather because floyd chooses to hit and not get hit. Wilder is an all time Great and No one beats him but a cheat.
                  What did Fury do to cheat this time?

Comment

So Wilder is praised for having a heart. Pha ha ha. Ok, that is how low standards dropped after him getting another beating.

Let me remind you Wilder was highly favored to beat Fury before the first fight. Let me remind you the most of writers and fans on this site believed he would KO Fury before the second fight.

Let me remind you some Wiltards still believed he would KO Fury in the third fight.

And now you say he is a warrior, because he showed some heart. ROFL, ok.

Comment

Working...
                    X