Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury's dad explodes: "we're not fighting Dillian Whyte"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has big john fought anyone since he pulled that gyppos eye out?

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
      Whyte is a ****en bum. I’m glad that they aren’t wasting their time fighting his bum ass.
      How long should Whyte have to wait for his title shot though? Especially if he beats Otto Wallin. A mandatory is a mandatory and if Fury doesn’t wanna fight Whyte then he should vacate so Dillian can fight someone else for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
        If Whyte beats Wallin then Fury should fight him no matter what his dad thinks. He's been WBC mandatory for an eternity.
        Exactly. Either that or vacate so Whyte can fight someone else for the belt. No one should have to wait years for a title shot as a mandatory.

Comment

I think fury should fight whyte. Seems silly for fury to fight wallin again. I don't understand mandatory. If wall in beats whyte does wallin become mandatory?

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

dilliam whyte is trash looooool
            Trash or not, a mandatory is a mandatory so Fury should either fight him or vacate so Whyte can fight someone else for the belt. Also, I would rather see the matchup than simply award Fury a hypothetical victory just because I think he’s better.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

Trash or not, a mandatory is a mandatory so Fury should either fight him or vacate so Whyte can fight someone else for the belt. Also, I would rather see the matchup than simply award Fury a hypothetical victory just because I think he’s better.
              I’d want to see him beat up whyte too. But at this point in fury’s career he might just be motivated to gear up again if it’s for undisputed and i wouldn’t blame him. whyte is not exactly a big name. There’s not a lot of buzz or demand for their fight. Whyte talking a lot of trash against him might help.

Comment

I’d want to see him beat up whyte too. But at this point in fury’s career he might just be motivated to gear up again if it’s for undisputed and i wouldn’t blame him. whyte is not exactly a big name. There’s not a lot of buzz or demand for their fight. Whyte talking a lot of trash against him might help.

I understand that completely, and if Whyte isn’t a big enough fight right now then Fury should vacate so Dillian can fight someone else for the belt. In the meantime Fury can fight the Usyk-Joshua 2 winner for the rest of the titles and then face Whyte or whoever else has the WBC later. Either way Whyte has been waiting for a few years now.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

I understand that completely, and if Whyte isn’t a big enough fight right now then Fury should vacate so Dillian can fight someone else for the belt. In the meantime Fury can fight the Usyk-Joshua 2 winner for the rest of the titles and then face Whyte or whoever else has the WBC later. Either way Whyte has been waiting for a few years now.
                  Wilder didn’t give whyte his shot. When he needs it for his resume. Meanwhile fury doesn’t need him… so i don’t expect him to be salivating for that one either nor the fans. Whyte is no end game… undisputed is the end game for fury. Then retirement. No “face whyte later” thing. Someone who already got pulverized by joshua or chinned by povetkin is no motivation.. will fury be regarded higher than he is today if he beats whyte? No. The convos would be just “ofcourse he it’s given he beats whyte, because joshua and povetkin already did”. Not all mandatories happen in boxing.

i’d understand if fury is just up and coming but he’s already at the tail end of his career base on him.

Comment

Wilder didn’t give whyte his shot. When he needs it for his resume. Meanwhile fury doesn’t need him… so i don’t expect him to be salivating for that one either nor the fans. Whyte is no end game… undisputed is the end game for fury. Then retirement. No “face whyte later” thing. Someone who already got pulverized by joshua or chinned by povetkin is no motivation.. will fury be regarded higher than he is today if he beats whyte? No. The convos would be just “ofcourse he it’s given he beats whyte, because joshua and povetkin already did”. Not all mandatories happen in boxing.

i’d understand if fury is just up and coming but he’s already at the tail end of his career base on him.
                    Will Fury be regarded higher if he beats Whyte? Only slightly, but that's what being a champion is. You're there to be shot at, unappreciated for your wins, criticised for a poor performance, often fighting against opponents with more motivation. Not much to gain, plenty to lose - that's the role of the Champion.

If Fury had been doing this for years then I'd be fine with him vacating for a bigger fight.

As it is, his reputation will take a dip if he throws the belt away just because he doesn't like what is a very legitimate mandatory.

And if the goal is undisputed, fight your mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by stellen View Post
                      Has big john fought anyone since he pulled that gyppos eye out?

He's still ducking Mickey Theo.

Comment

Working...
                      X