Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury's dad explodes: "we're not fighting Dillian Whyte"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't really like this clash because I see Fury destroying him in a similar fashion to the second fight with Chisora.

I'm not sure he makes it past Wallin, but I still want to see Wilder vs. Whyte, if it's possible.

For me that's still a classic, must-see fight that needs to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by SN!PER View Post
      Don't really like this clash because I see Fury destroying him in a similar fashion to the second fight with Chisora.

I'm not sure he makes it past Wallin, but I still want to see Wilder vs. Whyte, if it's possible.

For me that's still a classic, must-see fight that needs to happen!
      Whyte gets Breazeale'd if he fights Wilder. He's been chinned by much weaker punchers and he absolutely never moves his head. Bad combination. Wilder is the worst possible match up for Whyte's skill set.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Will Fury be regarded higher if he beats Whyte? Only slightly, but that's what being a champion is. You're there to be shot at, unappreciated for your wins, criticised for a poor performance, often fighting against opponents with more motivation. Not much to gain, plenty to lose - that's the role of the Champion.

If Fury had been doing this for years then I'd be fine with him vacating for a bigger fight.

As it is, his reputation will take a dip if he throws the belt away just because he doesn't like what is a very legitimate mandatory.

And if the goal is undisputed, fight your mandatory.
        Good and i hope you use the same standards for all them boxers in history. Im sure plenty of them superstars and top dogs have passed on fighting their pointless mandatories a couple several times in their careers — while also retaining their belt. Mayweather can be a prime solid example of recent memory.

fury has one fight left in his contract, if it is to be his last, would you rather have him fight whyte or the winner of usyk/joshua for all the belts?

Stop with the role of champion when there are plenty of useless belts floating around in boxing nowadays with corrupt organizations who just go where the money is, no uniform standards and would gladly strip you otherwise if you are not some A side ppv star — atleast more often than not.

but kudos to you for still believing on what’s right after all the BS.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

How long should Whyte have to wait for his title shot though? Especially if he beats Otto Wallin. A mandatory is a mandatory and if Fury doesn’t wanna fight Whyte then he should vacate so Dillian can fight someone else for it.
          In boxing, cream always rises to the top. Whyte is the back door king. Who has Wallin beaten? Whyte should fight Joshua. He can’t beat Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

Good and i hope you use the same standards for all them boxers in history. Im sure plenty of them superstars and top dogs have passed on fighting their pointless mandatories a couple several times in their careers — while also retaining their belt. Mayweather can be a prime solid example of recent memory.

fury has one fight left in his contract, if it is to be his last, would you rather have him fight whyte or the winner of usyk/joshua for all the belts?

Stop with the role of champion when there are plenty of useless belts floating around in boxing nowadays with corrupt organizations who just go where the money is, no uniform standards and would gladly strip you otherwise if you are not some A side ppv star — atleast more often than not.

but kudos to you for still believing on what’s right after all the BS.

Fury isn't fighting Joshua or Usyk. They're contracted to fight each other. So he should fight his mandatory. And this one isn't a pointless mandatory, it's a guy who has earned the position and is in a justifiable ranking.

You're right, I do have some standards left when it comes to what I define a Champion as and what I expect from them.

I'm also not naive about the machinations of orgs, promoters and boxers. Honestly, I expect Fury and his team are petitioning for the WBC Franchise belt right now.

I've been a fan of Fury's for a long time. Good boxer, interesting character. But I don't hold Fury in much esteem as a Champion. If he doesn't meet his mandatory, he'll go even further down in my estimation. He should go down in others too, but we'll have the 'Whyte got KO'd by a pensioner' mob continuing to defend him.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

Wilder didn’t give whyte his shot. When he needs it for his resume. Meanwhile fury doesn’t need him… so i don’t expect him to be salivating for that one either nor the fans. Whyte is no end game… undisputed is the end game for fury. Then retirement. No “face whyte later” thing. Someone who already got pulverized by joshua or chinned by povetkin is no motivation.. will fury be regarded higher than he is today if he beats whyte? No. The convos would be just “ofcourse he it’s given he beats whyte, because joshua and povetkin already did”. Not all mandatories happen in boxing.

i’d understand if fury is just up and coming but he’s already at the tail end of his career base on him.
              All of that is fair so there’s no need for Fury to hold the belt hostage if he doesn’t wanna face Dillian Whyte. He should just vacate and focus on the Usyk-Joshua 2 winner. If Whyte is so mediocre then let him lose his long-awaited title shot against someone else.

Comment

Working...
              X