Fury's dad explodes: "we're not fighting Dillian Whyte"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

Which plumber is Fury fighting next?
    Tyson must or he would lose the title if he doesn't. Fury shouldn't be afraid of that guy. He should be able to box circles around him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

He may not be all that impressive in ring but he’s a natural fighter and isn’t an easy fight for anyone.

He also is probably the best street fighter in boxing. John Fury wouldn’t try anything with him
      Agreed, Whyte is fearless and isn't a guy to be messed with.

Styles make fights though, and although he's tough and punches hard, you need a lot more than that to beat the Gypsy King.

Fury would box him off the back foot and jab his nut in.

Comment

Am I to believe that a man that was starched by a 97 year old Povetkin will someone be able to endure the fighter Fury is? The only way Fury would lose that fight is if he didn't train one minute and came into the ring at 350 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post

He’s never fought Hughie fury and if they ever did, Whyte would obliterate him.
          Yeah I’m speaking hypothetically. Dillian wouldn’t go near Hughie. Hughie used to bust him up in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            It's an extremely risky fight because thing thing about Tyson is you never know where he is going to be mentally come fight night. He walked through fire against against the biggest puncher in the sport, then almost got stopped by Otto Wallin.

Huge, huge risk to fight Whyte given what's at stake.
            Well to be fair to Fury he WAS fighting with one eye after Wallin deliberately stuck the nut on him. He should have got disqualified for that imo, it wasn't an accidental clash of heads...he made several attempts at it. I suspect that this was the reason why the judges gave it to Fury in the end despite him in reality not doing well enough to get the decision.

Comment

For me, if Fury doesn`t fight Whyte or/and other top 10 guys, I can`t support him anymore.

If I chose 3 fights, he must fight Whyte, Usyk, Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

He did walk over Wilder as I predicted he would, yeah he got dropped, but that can happen against a man like Wilder who has dynamite in his right hand.

Rest assured, if Wilder had hit Joshua with the same punch that he hit Fury with, Joshua would still be asleep now.

Fury beating the bum Whyte doesn't really do much for me, old man Povetkin already chinned him last year.
                ​​​​​​
                Who else is fury going to fight....he cannot fight usyk because he is now tied up in the Aj rematch and whyte is his number 1 contender and it would be massive home coming stadium fight for him with a very good payday so it’s perfect....the build up would be epic and I think he beats whyte but why is John fury so against it....why do t you want to see it it’s a chance to see fury fight on home soil in front of packed stadium against a fighter he has a lot of needle with.....I don’t get it
                you want to see him fight wilder a 4th time ? Otto wallin ? Pianeta ? Seferi ? Chisora ? Joyce ?
                As a champion you have to defend your belts against your mandatory and that’s the way it’s always been.
                you cannot and I repeat because you cannot claim to be the best in the division by not fighting the best of the division and wilder never was in any shape or form.
                yeah he had a punch but that’s it but literally nothing else
                yeah of course if he landed on Joshua it’s probably good night but Joshua would have had him out there inside 3 rounds and usyk would tie him up in knots to a point it would be embarrassing to watch.....yeah I did expect Joshua to walk through him but I wrong usyk is gifted and I stand by that and he has this ice cold belief in himself and almost unshakable confidence......would fury beat him he’s the bigger fighter for sure so would be favourite but I am not gonna bet against usyk........but John fury knows Usyk has a rematch with Joshua so it is contractually tied up and he knows It’s time for fury to fight his mandatory and yet he says they won’t fight whyte.
                fury is the top of the division now but he has to prove it against the best in the division and not just a fighter who he comprehensively beat in the 2nd fight and people were saying why the 3rd fight.
                I have no issue calling fury the best of his era but to do that you have to beat your number 1 challenger and also the other champion and he will not get that from me untill he beats the best of his division.... end of story.
                Wilder has always been a one trick pony with a punch but no boxing skill whatsoever

ballencrieff Scotland The Brave likes this.

Comment

Fury can rightfully claim he's better than all these fighters.

But that's not the same as beating them.

Champions take on challengers. Not just hand picked challengers of the right style and time, but mandatories that they didn't pick too.

Throwing his belt away instead of fighting Whyte wouldn't be a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    For me, if Fury doesn`t fight Whyte or/and other top 10 guys, I can`t support him anymore.

If I chose 3 fights, he must fight Whyte, Usyk, Joshua.
                    I really don’t know what’s so difficult for Tyson fury and his fans to accept this......deontay wilder was the same piss poor fighter he was when Tyson fury battered him the 2nd and yet the fury fans are still content with Tyson fury not fight the top fighters of the division.
                    all I want to see is Tyson fury prove to me he is the top dog by beating the best the division has to offer......jake that’s how it’s always been in boxing hasn’t it by facing and beating the best

ballencrieff Scotland The Brave likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                      Who else is fury going to fight....he cannot fight usyk because he is now tied up in the Aj rematch and whyte is his number 1 contender and it would be massive home coming stadium fight for him with a very good payday so it’s perfect....the build up would be epic and I think he beats whyte but why is John fury so against it....why do t you want to see it it’s a chance to see fury fight on home soil in front of packed stadium against a fighter he has a lot of needle with.....I don’t get it
                      you want to see him fight wilder a 4th time ? Otto wallin ? Pianeta ? Seferi ? Chisora ? Joyce ?
                      As a champion you have to defend your belts against your mandatory and that’s the way it’s always been.
                      you cannot and I repeat because you cannot claim to be the best in the division by not fighting the best of the division and wilder never was in any shape or form.
                      yeah he had a punch but that’s it but literally nothing else
                      yeah of course if he landed on Joshua it’s probably good night but Joshua would have had him out there inside 3 rounds and usyk would tie him up in knots to a point it would be embarrassing to watch.....yeah I did expect Joshua to walk through him but I wrong usyk is gifted and I stand by that and he has this ice cold belief in himself and almost unshakable confidence......would fury beat him he’s the bigger fighter for sure so would be favourite but I am not gonna bet against usyk........but John fury knows Usyk has a rematch with Joshua so it is contractually tied up and he knows It’s time for fury to fight his mandatory and yet he says they won’t fight whyte.
                      fury is the top of the division now but he has to prove it against the best in the division and not just a fighter who he comprehensively beat in the 2nd fight and people were saying why the 3rd fight.
                      I have no issue calling fury the best of his era but to do that you have to beat your number 1 challenger and also the other champion and he will not get that from me untill he beats the best of his division.... end of story.
                      Wilder has always been a one trick pony with a punch but no boxing skill whatsoever

Mate you need to come to reality and realise that Joshua ain't gonna go into any shoot out with a killer like Deontay Wilder.

Joshua fights scared now, he had a wide eyed look of fear against little Usyk.

I agree with you about the rest, Fury should fight Whyte at Old Trafford and then fight the winner of Usyk-AJ 2

Comment

Working...
                      X