Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Expects Usyk-Joshua Rematch To Happen In February Or March In The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imisupu View Post
    As a Wilder fan I find it very interesting listening to Hearn and AJ talk about an immediate rematch. They even predicting the terms, so I guess they only cool with rematches concerning them. They not promoting Usyk getting out of it and reneging the way they wanted Fury to duck Wilders mandatory rematch.....smdh that's what you get when you try to screw people over.
    AJ is the biggest draw so they are not going to pay step aside and AJ is not going to agree to fight the winner of Usyk v winner of Fury & Wilder given the recent dishonesty of Fury's team, the prospect of an undefeated Usyk retiring etc. So Usyk v AJ 2 in a desert somewhere as a stadium fight in Feb in UK is not going to happen. Whyte will get the winner of Fury v Wilder (I think Whyte beats both because of styles, but accept this may be a minority view).

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post

5 and 6 were the only ones where aj did something good. In 8 he was decent and could be the third for him..but...1 and 2??? Imo they were clearly for usyk, especially 1st.

Comment

So will Usyk get a rematch if he were to lose? Or do only Hearn fighters get rematches if they lose? I bet AJ wouldn't give Usyk a rematch if he wins
        Fighter78 Fighter78 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
          Fury and Wilder have been fighting each other since 2018 - no problem.

AJ wants a rematch and these muppets are crying.
          Only because one fight was a robbery

Nobody cares about the third fight really but Wilder exercised his right

So I have no qualms about the AJ v Usyk rematch. I think it’s fairly pointless from a boxing perspective, just like Fury v Wilder. Rematching fighters that have proven to be leagues below. There’s not much intrigue watching rematches between elite ATG talents and B-level plodders but it is what it is, if you sign the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
            So will Usyk get a rematch if he were to lose? Or do only Hearn fighters get rematches if they lose? I bet AJ wouldn't give Usyk a rematch if he wins

mandatory fights arent even supposed to have rematch clauses.

Eddie Hearn finessed team Usyk
            Fighter78 Fighter78 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
              And this is why I'm slowly starting to not respect Anthony Joshua....after singing his praises and acting as if he could do no wrong for the last 2 or 3 years. He had me rolling my eyes at him when he ran away from the US never to return again after the Ruiz defeat....but I still supported him strongly.

If he doesn't grant a rematch to Usyk after potentially squeaking by with a close decision in the rematch.....THATS IT....I'm officially done with AJ. He's got to start showing some balls.

I said it once and I'll say it again....the UK IS TOO SOFT and AJ should have moved to the US a couple years ago.

Comment

Working...
              X