Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Claims Luis Ortiz Rejected Fight: He Didn't Want a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortizs only reason for existing the past few years is to prop up Wilders resume.

Comment

Joyce obviously isn’t a student of British boxing history and clearly doesn’t know how this works.

If he wins a hwt title, then after that, an obscure American mid tier hwt on the level of an Ortiz will knock him the f-ck out.

Can one of you Brits or Redeemer please explain this to him. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
        Damn that woulda been a good one. I heard rumblings of a possible fight between Andy Ruiz and Ortiz though. That would be a good scrap.

Side note: Ortiz still gotta be kicking himself after missing out on that Joshua payday. He could have been Andy and got paid twice & could have possibly retained the titles unlike Andy
        He already had the Wilder guarantee plus he wasn’t in shape. I know he said he was training but if you look at him, in the ring after that Wilder fight, he had more belly than Damon Wayans in The Great White Hype, did.

Comment

I don't know why people call him slow plodder. He has good jab, good footwork and great chin
          billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
            Ortiz's last opponent was awful, his last significant win was over two years ago.

PBC want to cash him out against one of theirs no one else gets to finish which is a shame for him as he at retirement and could get a cash out fight.

I'd still like to see Ortiz vs Chisora let the old times fight it out.
            As much as I like Ortiz, he has not gotten younger, who knows if he is even in fighting condition right now? It's not accurate to assume the Ortiz that fought Wilder is what we would see presently.

Lord only knows what he is waiting for...
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
              Jokes aside, its time for someone put Ortiz's old azz into retirement.
              Are you sure he isn't retired? I know things are slow and it would be great to see an inshape Ortiz take a fight... but it has been a while!

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

He already had the Wilder guarantee plus he wasn’t in shape. I know he said he was training but if you look at him, in the ring after that Wilder fight, he had more belly than Damon Wayans in The Great White Hype, did.
                Yea but that wilder guarantee was no where near the money he woulda and coulda got had he won. I guess he banked on beating wilder and hoping to circle back and get the AJ fight later. Things we’ll never know. I always wanted to see Ortiz become champ, he had 2 cracks & it didn’t happen

Comment

Ortiz most avoided heavyweight doe. This ****er still living off his Jennings win.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                    The boogeyman never lies.

Joyce and Wallin are compulsive liars. Everyone is scared of Ortiz and don’t want to fight him.
                    You're being sarcastic right? The only way Ortiz would be the boogeyman at his age is if he hid in the closet of unsuspecting youngsters and they thought he was a ghost he's that old. He is no boxing boogeyman anymore. No one in the top 10 is worried about ancient Ortiz. I liked the guy but he's past it now. Joyce would break him down and take him out. Actually anyone in the top 5 would KO him at this point in his career.

Comment

Yet another fighter claiming he was turned down by Team Luis Ortiz. This so called Bogeyman has turned down half the big names in the division and yet we get told he is the most avoided.

He's a good fighter, or was a good fighter, somebody somewhere has fkked his career over for him big time, he is going to retire with his biggest claims to fame being getting knocked out twice by Wilder and turning down all the big names around him.

Comment

Working...
                      X