Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets settle it. Should Lomachenko get a rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't imagine why boxing fans wouldn't want to see a rematch... despite the slow start the second half showed this one could be a superb fight. Whether you think one is deserved or whether there's other fights you would rather see Teo or Loma involved in is a different question. Right now there's only 1 or 2 fights at the weight I think are as intriguing though so I'd be absolutely cool with it.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      GET? No! Earn It? Yes!

Fight Devin Haney who is begging for a Top Level Opponent and Teofimo should be ordered to fight the winner by the WBC
      Exactly …. Jhonny is nodding yep you right

Comment

If Lopez is not fighting one of the other top135 pounders or a notable 140 pounder then he should rematch him. It will do good business regardless.

To rematch him because some are but hurt then no.

Comment

Yes Loma is the last of a dying breed of boxers who fight for legacy not paychecks . Guy deserves it never ran away from a challenge , unless Teo going to fight one of Ryan-Haney-Tank-Taylor I don't want to see Teo in with anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
            It's a no-brainer. You take the rematch. Just like Floyd did with Castillo. Just like he did with Maidana. Just like Morales did with Pacquiao. Or Pacquiao did with Barrera. Or Marquez did with Pacquiao. Just like ALL OF THESE LEGENDARY FIGHTS. Those are the fights that we still talk about and watch. Like I said, it's a NO-BRAINER.
            The difference is those fights you listed the champ made sure to have a rematch clause inserted in the contract, if I’m not mistaken. They were also close.

Loma and Bob didn’t do this and weren’t going to give Teo a rematch if he lost.

This fight wasn’t close unless you gave Loma any round from 1-7 or 12 just because you like him as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Gervonta is almost never in a boring fight. He was asked who he wanted to fight next, Lopez was the answer. Let's have it!

Unless I'm mistaken, you used to be a big Haney fan a couple of years back. What changed? If I'm mixing you up with someone else, apologies. Just curious.. (I kinda became a semi-Haney fan after his last fight. Good display of boxing skills for 10 rounds.)
              Probably mixing me up with somebody else. I’ve always felt he was a bit of a hype job. I remember back when he was doing the YouTube vlogs, I quite liked him, but ever since he’s got on TV his ego has gotten out of control. He’s bought into his own hype despite not beating anyone, besides maybe a shot Linares, in a fight where he was badly rocked.

In all honesty I just don’t see him competing with guys like Tank, Loma, Teofimo. All three comprehensively stop him IMO, just a case of levels.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

The difference is those fights you listed the champ made sure to have a rematch clause inserted in the contract, if I’m not mistaken. They were also close.

Loma and Bob didn’t do this and weren’t going to give Teo a rematch if he lost.

This fight wasn’t close unless you gave Loma any round from 1-7 or 12 just because you like him as a fighter.
                Did you not think the fight was close? I thought it was on the last round tbh, which Teofimo won. I had it 115-113 Lopez. The general consensus seems to be around 7 or 8 rounds to Teofimo and 4 or 5 rounds to Loma.
                Ricardi Ricardi likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Did you not think the fight was close? I thought it was on the last round tbh, which Teofimo won. I had it 115-113 Lopez. The general consensus seems to be around 7 or 8 rounds to Teofimo and 4 or 5 rounds to Loma.
                  I didn’t. Loma IMO was down 7-0. He needed multiple KDs or a KO to win.

I had him winning rounds 8-11. No doubt.

I don’t see how Loma could be given any other round.

The final scorecard of 8-4 doesn’t reflect the fact Teo was significantly ahead from round 4 on.

The general consensus seems to be in a rematch Loma will start faster and maybe there will be a different outcome.

I get that but I still don’t see why Teo should rematch him when we all know a Teo wouldn’t have gotten one.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-16-2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

He's free to earn a title shot like everyone else. Does he deserve one? Hell no. He ain't got the clout to be demanding rematches. He has a weak resume and he ain't bringing that much money to the table. What reason is there for a rematch? These young lions got better **** to do than take pity on Lomo.

Comment

Historically, a long reigning champion has ALWAYS been given a rematch eventually. To say no rematch makes Lopez look bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X