Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Buatsi: I Showed People I Can Do It, We Just Build From Here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
    I do wish Joshua would STFU about the bible. Yes, I know US fighters do it, but you're not from, like, Chattanooga, Tennessee, you're from London. If you're a Christian, fine, good luck to you, but don't bleat on about it.
    What's wrong with a fighter speaking about the Bible? Are Brits so godless that they can't stomach a person's positive spirituality?
    786 786 likes this.

Comment

Buatsi has been moved slower than a Lucas Browne punch

This 'Kid' at 28yrs old should be much further ahead by now
      Last edited by davef; 08-15-2021, 05:34 PM.

Comment

'What's wrong with a fighter speaking about the Bible? Are Brits so godless that they can't stomach a person's positive spirituality?'

I wouldn't call evangelical Christianity 'positive spirituality', I would call it brainwashing, insofar as those that endure it have anything to be washed. However, I don't have a problem with people being Christians, or Muslims, or Hindus, or Sikhs or Zoroastrians. The latter 4 faiths don't seem to find it necessary to bang on & on about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Callum Johnson knocks Buatsi out IMO. Would still really like to see that fight though, would be fireworks.
          It's a shame JB relinquished the Lonsdale belt & that CJ never took up the chance of the EBU belt, which could have led to a massive domestic contest. Add the like's of Lyndon Arthur & the Commonwealth title come's into play as well & who wouldn't want the triple crown of British, Commonwealth & European honour's? Bring in Spider Richards & a Lonsdale belt could have been on the cards as well.

Comment

Fight Richards or Lyndon Arthur for a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post

It's a shame JB relinquished the Lonsdale belt & that CJ never took up the chance of the EBU belt, which could have led to a massive domestic contest. Add the like's of Lyndon Arthur & the Commonwealth title come's into play as well & who wouldn't want the triple crown of British, Commonwealth & European honour's? Bring in Spider Richards & a Lonsdale belt could have been on the cards as well.
              Agreed. Far too many promoters/managers steer their fighters away from domestic honours these days cause it’s far easier to win some meaningless international or intercontinental title than fight for the legitimate and historic domestic/European titles. Buatsi and Yarde are prime examples, Conor Benn is another. It really frustrates me tbh. Look how good CBS vs McCarthy was the other week for all three titles, that should be happening in the majority of the divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                Callum Johnson knocks Buatsi out IMO. Would still really like to see that fight though, would be fireworks.
                Buatsi's chin looks solid so I would take him in the Johnson fight. He would have to fight cautious early on before breaking Johnson down. Those are the types of opponents that Hunter is great at preparing for.

I take it you are not a big believer in Buatsi? Lol.
                BodiesInFlight BodiesInFlight likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
                  Buatsi has been moved slower than a Lucas Browne punch

This 'Kid' at 28yrs old should be much further ahead by now
                  Been absolutely embarrassing the way he has been moved and Hearn tried to use excuses of not being able to get opponents for him as if he is the most brutal prospect in the history LOL.

Bolotniks should have been a fight he got in early 2020, not now. He is five years in his career and doesn't have a title shot lined up. That should not be the case and he is almost 30 years old....And because he has been moved slow, Hearn is not trying to rush him into a title shot when Hunter clearly thinks he needs a few more fights/camps before he is ready. Sort of a mess.
                  davef davef likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

What's wrong with a fighter speaking about the Bible? Are Brits so godless that they can't stomach a person's positive spirituality?
                    Plenty of religious folk here. But they don't make it a habit to bang on about it in public whenever given the opportunity. Thats why buatsi sticks out when he does it.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Buatsi's chin looks solid so I would take him in the Johnson fight. He would have to fight cautious early on before breaking Johnson down. Those are the types of opponents that Hunter is great at preparing for.

I take it you are not a big believer in Buatsi? Lol.
                      The more I watch him the more I realise why he’s been so protected. I rated him as an amateur but I feel he’s gone backwards as a pro. Got nothing against the guy personally, seems a pretty nice guy but I just don’t see him being able to hang with the top guys at 175.
                      786 786 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X