Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Suspicious & Skeptical Of Errol Spence's Eye Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ry92 View Post
    My suspicion is this is a delay to hype the fight cause the buyrate was gonna be below 500k making it financial suicide. I believe this is for pac as long as stay alive againat ugas would get judges decision winning belt back thus making the spence fight more hyped pac looks decent vs ugas then the layoff factor would be mute as well thus hyping the pac vs spence fight making it finally sale above 500k break even or make profit and pass the torch to spence if front of alot of viewers. If your retina already getting detached just wait til get hit by the likes of canelo ggg
    I seriously doubt this ppv would do less than 500k.

Thurman and pacquiao which had less hype did 500k.

pac vs lame ass broner did 400k.

Less than 500k for pac-spence? I dont think so.
    OldTerry OldTerry mgame mgame like this.

Comment

Just going against the grain does not make you a deep thinker.

Spence has a lot to lose for pulling out. It makes no sense. I think there could be something called overthinking in this situation. And that’s what fans and media are doing.

Injuries/illnesses don’t have a set time or date to happen. It could have happened 1 day prior to the fight, still won’t make it suspicious. It could have happened a year ago.

Athletes get hurt during important events all the time. Boxing is not immune to this.

It’s not that people are gullible as Hopkins claims, it’s that every boxing fan knows detached retinas are part of boxing.

If some extra curricular activities were happening, they could have pulled Spence out with “Covid.” A lot of athletes in the past month have contracted covid. So they could have used that and it would have been seen as legit.

Comment

It's a torn retina so it's not career ending. PBC gets two PPV in the end. Am not gullible enough to think this cannot be a made up thing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Just going against the grain does not make you a deep thinker.

Spence has a lot to lose for pulling out. It makes no sense. I think there could be something called overthinking in this situation. And that’s what fans and media are doing.

Injuries/illnesses don’t have a set time or date to happen. It could have happened 1 day prior to the fight, still won’t make it suspicious. It could have happened a year ago.

Athletes get hurt during important events all the time. Boxing is not immune to this.

It’s not that people are gullible as Hopkins claims, it’s that every boxing fan knows detached retinas are part of boxing.

If some extra curricular activities were happening, they could have pulled Spence out with “Covid.” A lot of athletes in the past month have contracted covid. So they could have used that and it would have been seen as legit.
          You didn't factor in the Car accident. That's a lingering mental and physical injury..

Some have noticed even in the Fox build up show when Spence was being interviewed he was already slurring like a punch drunk kid or more like a punch drunk car accident with a brain injury. Those are factors that could have decided that he can't dance with Pacquiao. IF it was a lesser fighter, maybe he could.. But seeing Pac looking like a beast. I'm sure Spence thought, damn don't want this smoke. I might die in a ring..

That car accident plus the torn retina (if it is true) are an accumulation of incidents that made him feel unconfident to continue. What's sucky here is.. took him this long to announce it. Maybe he was torn.. but decided eventually it's not worth the risk of losing his eye site..

It's just so many things that's weird about this..

Comment

You guys are so stupid. It was a mandatory commission exam and the commission doctor found the injury and said he couldn't fight. Unless you're suggesting the commission is in on this idiotic conspiracy theory as well? And the commission's doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post

Pretty much.
              But I think boxing fans are just toxic, this ain't a American problem.

If this wàs MMA everyone would be disappointed but showing love.

In MMA there have been instances of weird timing and bad luck of injuries stopping big fights from happening, I never saw anything close to what is boxing fans do
              MMA fanbase is full of a bunch of dorky, mindless followers that treat combat sports like it's the WWE or something. They eat anything their favorite fighters feed them. They are far worse than most boxing fans. The closest thing to them we got are the Wilder fans. Other than that, ain't nobody else that bad.
              Szef Szef likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                You guys are so stupid. It was a mandatory commission exam and the commission doctor found the injury and said he couldn't fight. Unless you're suggesting the commission is in on this idiotic conspiracy theory as well? And the commission's doctor?
                You act like the NSAC are angels who volunteer to keep boxers safe and that they'll even allow boxers to use IV/TUEs so that they won't die of dehdration in their sleep the night before a big fight.
                Spoon23 Spoon23 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  Stupid.. don't you know the levels of corruption in boxing. Don't believe everything you hear bud. Even Hopkins finds it shady..

The word for it is don't be "gullible"

There's plenty of time to call it off.

Ugas has been sparring with a leftie.. Meaning that's a sign they knew this will happen.

Spence slurring like a punch drunk kid in the fox build up.. more like a car accident brain damaged punch drunk.

Spence looking bad in sparring..

so many other things.

Spence shouldn't have signed in in the first place. He wasn't ready. Deciding only now tells me, he was contemplating whether to continue or not, but decided last minute since he felt he can't compete with all the factors I mentioned.

If there is someone to blame here. It's definitely on SPENCE.
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 08-13-2021, 02:36 AM.

Comment

The same set of people who believe Fury had COVID doesn't believe someone who did surgery and had a fatal accident recently shame on you all

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
                      BHop make sense I doubt about that injury, Spence is not the truth.
                      Well that's not what B hop was trying to say..but I understand that's what you heard

Comment

Working...
                      X