Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: It's Against My Economic Interest, But I'm Rooting For Usyk To Beat Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by landotter View Post
    Arum said nothing that Earth bending here. Usyk is a fun, genuine guy he has gotten to know through Lomachenko and he is cheering for him.

How is that really a big deal?
    Usyk doesn't have any kind of relationship with him. Neither does Loma. Arum probably spent a few minutes of time in his company without them communicating. They see this weasel for what he is. Especially after Arum did his special on overseas fighters to benefit the North American and ripping Loma off. It's safe to say they both find him vulgar.

Comment

Arum is funny.

Arum knows he has the excuse to be heavy A side against Usyk. He knows AJ is A side and a lot harder for ESPN. Arum knows boxing fans are gullible

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I think Bob will probably live another 50 years fueled by spite and bitterness alone.
        I heard he distils the frustration of boxing fans into an elixir of longevity.
        dannnnn dannnnn billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

How did you come to the conclusion on "Most"?

What he said is true as well. But please continue to make a fool out of yourself. You're good at that.

People who aren't spiteful and resentful don't usually want to see a real fighter who is willing to get into a ring with anyone and is a decent human being lose. We'll leave that to you lot, who want ALL of our fighters to lose. Like always. Insecurity will do that to you. Like a fat plumper seeing a pretty girl walk by. You're a plastic from the movie Mean Girls.
          Guy, you’re the biggest AJ groupie on here. You’re actually talking about him as a human being as if you know him. He probably wouldn’t even piss on you if you were on fire. Your opinion on anything related to boxing is null and void. You have the biggest inferiority complex and take every chance to bash the superior boxing nation of America, yet have the nerve to talk about insecurity? Lmaooooo. Gtfoh clown.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

I hate satanic Bob as much as the next bloke, but why can't the guy just have an opinion?

He can take a liking to a fighter as a fan... its possible lol.
            buge buge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              I think most actual boxing fans outside of Ajs male groupie cult like fan club wouldn’t mind seeing Usyk win.
              If one follows the sport they would realize Usyk has made some superb adjustments. It makes for intrigue and excitement. The guy realizes he was lacking against Chisora.

He has bulked up and I think he is on the right track. He needs to get physical when AG tires... Usyk at his best is a physical fighter. His adjustments make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post

I have nothing against Usyk or Chisora but Usyk should have outlanded Chisora in all 12 rounds.

You only have to look how easily Chisora connected in the early stages to see how Usyk has struggled to adjust to the HW weight.
                Usyk is a notoriously slow starter, even bellew made him look very average in the first 3 rounds of their fight, I had bellew winning the those rounds easily, so I wouldn't read too much into that, and chisora has been very hard to knockout his whole career, he's a warrior, the fact is usyk beat him, marginally I'll agree with that, and this is coming from a huge chisora fan, but he beat him and since then has bulked up, so aslong as he can still move well with that new muscle he should be in a very good position to dethrone Joshua, this is gonna be a very good technical fight and I feel Joshua knows he's in for the biggest test of his career since Klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by I have no ears View Post

Usyk is a notoriously slow starter, even bellew made him look very average in the first 3 rounds of their fight, I had bellew winning the those rounds easily, so I wouldn't read too much into that, and chisora has been very hard to knockout his whole career, he's a warrior, the fact is usyk beat him, marginally I'll agree with that, and this is coming from a huge chisora fan, but he beat him and since then has bulked up, so aslong as he can still move well with that new muscle he should be in a very good position to dethrone Joshua, this is gonna be a very good technical fight and I feel Joshua knows he's in for the biggest test of his career since Klitschko
                  Yeah, I can't disagree with you there re: Bellew. Forgot about that.

I just don't think that Usyk can withstand the power and accuracy. If he does start slow, he's in a deep water. Everyone knows that Joshua will be easier (not easy) to beat later on. I think he will go all out to finish it early, circa 3rd or 4th.

If he gets early knockdowns, I can see the ref stopping it. Has Usyk ever had to come back and win after getting knocked down? I honestly don't know.

I don't want Usyk to disappear from the HW scene. I just think this is too much, too quickly for him. I am going to blame age and money as a driving factor here, rather than sense. Plenty of good setup fights out there and I think Joyce would have been a good benchmark test considering his rise in the last 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post

I don't want Usyk to disappear from the HW scene. I just think this is too much, too quickly for him. I am going to blame age and money as a driving factor here, rather than sense. Plenty of good setup fights out there and I think Joyce would have been a good benchmark test considering his rise in the last 18 months.
                    I did think Usyk might be happy waiting for a cheap belt but fair play to him for going this route.​​​​​​​.. but I suppose if you look at Whyte, if you don't take your chance when it's there, you might wait years.

I'm not convinced Usyk improves much at heavyweight from here. He's bulked up and he's used to fighting at the highest level. If he's good enough then he'll be good enough. I think it will be a good and close fight.
                    OnlytheTruth OnlytheTruth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
                      I like both Usyk and Joshua. Whoever fights better on the night deserves it.

One things is for sure: if Joshua blast Usyk out of there, Bob will never mention anything about wanting Usyk to win. He'll say Joshua was always going to win because he is so much bigger.
                      He’s been doing that from day one with AJ . This guy opinion aren’t really opinions bc they change entirely after the fights over as though he never made the claims ,Ruiz and Pulev are the best examples so far , Parker was funny as well he said Parker will knock him out then said he’s a no hoper . Those agreeing with Arum in the thread act like him so ? They know who they are . Ha
                      Last edited by REDEEMER; 08-05-2021, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X