Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the greater win? Duran over Barkley or Pacquiao over Spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
    Dumb question………………………
    I dunno

Duran beating Barkley was atg stuff.

Similar to pacquiao beating spence imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

I dunno

Duran beating Barkley was atg stuff.

Similar to pacquiao beating spence imo.
      Perhaps but its not memorable to me so ………………

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

Perhaps but its not memorable to me so ………………
        Barkley wasn't great but he was good.

Just gotta look at it in context.

Barkley was the middleweight champ after koing hearns.

Duran got ktfo by hearns 5 yrs earlier and had done little since. Especially at 160.

Duran was a cherry pick by Barkley for a big name.

it was surprising when Duran beat him.

Comment

I don't make Spence Junior a big favorite for this fight.

And I never thought he would make such a quick comeback, after his accident 'I think Spence Junior deserves credit for jumping into two big fights for his comeback'.

This is probably a 45/55 fight for me, just in favor of Spence Junior.

For all we know, soon as Pacquiao lands? Everything could just fall apart for Spence Junior 'On some level, he is most likely still recovering from his accident'.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
            I don't make Spence Junior a big favorite for this fight.

And I never thought he would make such a quick comeback, after his accident 'I think Spence Junior deserves credit for jumping into two big fights for his comeback'.

This is probably a 45/55 fight for me, just in favor of Spence Junior.

For all we know, soon as Pacquiao lands? Everything could just fall apart for Spence Junior 'On some level, he is most likely still recovering from his accident'.

I have it about 60/40 for spence

Only reason is pac is old

As we've seen, he tires out in fights now while he didn't in his prime.

Some mid-late rounds he just coasts and only fights the last minute.

If pac was 6-7 yrs younger, I'd have pac as heavy favorite
            Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Poll should be Barkley or thurman.
              Thurman.
              If Duran was 40, let alone nearly 43 he wouldn't be beating barkley.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 07-27-2021, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Another factor to consider is that Duran had 91 fights at the time he fought Barkley. That would be 20 more fights than Manny has right now. Those 20 additional fights can age you and put more wear and tear on your body. I think taking that into consideration would make each of these wins just about equally great if Pacquiao wins. If I had to choose one I'd give a slight edge to a Pacquiao win over Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmABoxingGuru View Post
                  Anyone who thinks pac has a shot in hell of beating Spence needs to get their head examined.
                  No it's the other way around

It's fine if you favour Spence. Most people do

But if you think that the arguably greatest fighter of the 21st century doesn't have a shot vs Spence, Crawford or anybody else around his weight class DKSAB

Comment

- -Last I checked, Duran actually beat Barkley, but Pac and Spence ain't even fought yet, so I guess if I beat both, I'm greater than them and anyone else.

Yeah!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -Last I checked, Duran actually beat Barkley, but Pac and Spence ain't even fought yet, so I guess if I beat both, I'm greater than them and anyone else.

Yeah!!!
                      Pac will definitely win

I just don't feel like waiting til after fight night before asking

Comment

Working...
                      X