• Joe Joyce is a HW Carl Froch.

-Good amateur pedigree.
    -Turned pro late.
    -Written off as a pro by many.
    -Awkward looking technique.
    -Easy to hit.
    -Poor defence.
    -Great chin and toughness.
    ​​​​​-Great engine and gets stronger the longer the fight goes.

I’m also convinced Joyce beats AJ if they end up fighting. He’s a nightmare for him stylistically.

I don't know. Froch had an ATG resume for a modern fighter. Just looking back at the names he fought - back to back to back. It's actually amazing. Joyce is not a bad fighter, but he is not at the world level. If that were Wilder landing those right hands over the first 4 rounds, this fight would have been over in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      -Good amateur pedigree.
      -Turned pro late.
      -Written off as a pro by many.
      -Awkward looking technique.
      -Easy to hit.
      -Poor defence.
      -Great chin and toughness.
      ​​​​​-Great engine and gets stronger the longer the fight goes.

I’m also convinced Joyce beats AJ if they end up fighting. He’s a nightmare for him stylistically.
      good shout tbh. If AJ lands flush a few times on that granite jaw we will see how good it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

good shout tbh. If AJ lands flush a few times on that granite jaw we will see how good it is.
        If that fight happens, either AJ stops him early or Joyce eats his best shots and then stops AJ in the mid to late rounds. I really think it would be the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by StoptheFight View Post
          I don't know. Froch had an ATG resume for a modern fighter. Just looking back at the names he fought - back to back to back. It's actually amazing. Joyce is not a bad fighter, but he is not at the world level. If that were Wilder landing those right hands over the first 4 rounds, this fight would have been over in the second round.
          It’s a honestly a massively overrated run IMO, I used to love watching Froch fights but he only ever beat B level guys tbh. What was his best win for example? Bute? I’d probably say Pascal. They’re solid fighters but they ain’t elite.

It was still a good run no doubt but I don’t see it as some ATG resume. He consistently beat good fighters but when he came up against a great fighter he was outclassed.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

It’s a honestly a massively overrated run IMO, I used to love watching Froch fights but he only ever beat B level guys tbh. What was his best win for example? Bute? I’d probably say Pascal. They’re solid fighters but they ain’t elite.

It was still a good run no doubt but I don’t see it as some ATG resume. He consistently beat good fighters but when he came up against a great fighter he was outclassed.
            Who the **** are you to talk?

Comment

Originally posted by StoptheFight View Post
              Would Wilder land them though? I don't see him being walked down and throwing counter rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

Who the **** are you to talk?
                I’m a fan with an opinion just like you d***head.

Froch never beat a great fighter and when he did fight one in Ward he was outclassed.

Good resume nothing special.

Comment

joe joyce is a quiet reflective artist, carl froch is a boasting ex kitchen fitter

Comment

Yeah but can Joe Joyce do 80,000 at Wembley? I think not!
                    RJJ-94-02=GOAT RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X