Collapse
No announcement yet.

I always thought Joe Joyce sucked and he does

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you'll like this dancov... he reminds me of older klitschko. he can be slow and ponderous but he's so tall and his hands are so heavy that he is flat out dangerous. klitschko was obviously a better athlete and even bigger, but the ring generalship and the low effort, high damage style come from the size and he's good with his tools.
    dan_cov dan_cov likes this.

Comment

honestly his jab is very good. forget everything else. you can get far at HW if you can take punches, have power, and you can jab. it's the oldest trick in the book. you spend the whole fight at arm's length anyway.
      JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Usyk beat Joyce comfortably.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zuASpmqoJVM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd favour him to win again FWIW but not with quite as much confidence as Dan Cov... More like 60 - 40, 70 - 30. Their relative experience gap has closed considerably since the WSB and I think the longer pro fights favour Joe's style more.
        aa yes sorry about that, I forgot the outcome of that fight, remember watching them all fight, Loma, Usyk, Clemente Russo, Vincenzo Mangiacapre, Valentino and also Sergiy Derevyanchenko, he was a beast in WSB.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          He absolutely sucks but the only fighter I'd feel comfortable picking over him is Usyk and maybe Fury - but he's maybe just wrong for Fury also?

I'd favour Usyk 9/10 times I think he has the footwork, angles, cardio speed to neutralise him.
          I'd favour Wilder to level him, Fury and possibly Whyte to catch him with that left hook but I wouldn't bank on it.

I don't even understand him his head doesn't even snap back anything he gets hit with just bounces off him like its nothing lol
          Stylistically Tyson Fury is the best fight out of the big three for Joe Joyce.

Joyce has good movement, and will be a constantly pressuring Tyson Fury 'Who's lacks that game changing power, to stop Joyce in his tracks'. It will be a horrible and tough fight for Fury.

Joshua & Wilder are tougher fights for Joyce stylistically.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

he's absolutely giant. lots of these guys lift weights to get that size, joyce rolled out of bed that big and if he didn't get on his toes and box all the time he would probably be 300 lbs and carry it like it was nothing. some of these guys get billed as 6'5" or 6'6" and they get near a guy who you know damn well is 6'2 and they're only a little taller. joyce is 6'6" with a bullet and his head sits on his shoyulders with no neck to speak of. the guy was born to get big shots bounced off his dome. he's so slow you wouldn't see him wobble anywya

He is a lump.
            A lot of these guys at HW they're obviously big, big men but as Tyson Fury would say they're pumped up weight lifters. They're inflated if you will, someone like Joyce is just naturally a man mountain and I think people underestimate natural size, presence & physical strength.
            There is a difference between being strong and being physically strong.
            I could always lift a lot of weight, probably not so much now but I was never a physically strong person. Not trying to flex, no pun intended just stating there is a difference between the two and I think a lot and even people that lift etc don't quite realise it.

Lol that last sentence!

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Joyce has good movement, and will be a constantly pressuring Tyson Fury 'Who's lacks that game changing power, to stop Joyce in his tracks'. It will be a horrible and tough fight for Fury.

You may well be right.
              He certainly wouldn't give Fury all the respect others have.

Fury is lightyears ahead of him in ability, skill so on & so forth but sometimes you get a guy that is just that tough, determined, imposing and knows no other way than to show zero respect.
              It could be a little like Mayorga vs Vernon Forest.

I don't think I'd be surprised if he beat Fury.
              I'm not sure or convinced Fury can gain his respect, hold him off or stay out of harms way for 12 rounds.
              Joyces is a train with no brakes. (I really want to say speeding but can't bring myself too )

Comment

He’s a decent/relatively entertaining fighter I mean sure he might not have some off the qualities off other guys in the ring but hey ho it’s fun to tune in to his bouts sometimes

Comment

well, you dont know **** about HW boxing dont you, here is a little video to learn and apprehend

Last edited by Satir; 07-28-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

I see it the opposite. I think Joyce has about zero chance fighting Fury. he is a f.ucking statue, zero defense, a huge target. Fury would do what he wants the whole night.

I also think Wilder probably stops Joe because there is very little chance Joe can avoid Wilder`s right hand the whole night.

I don`t think he beats Joshua either.

Comment

Joyce reminds me a lot of old Foreman - he's slow as all hell, but he has a good jab and there's just nothing you can do to stop him. Really good boxers like Usyk and Fury could just outbox him and win on points, provided they don't get tired. His jab isn't as good as Foreman's and he doesn't have that bludgeoning power, but he has that "unstoppable golem" thing down pat. Joyce vs. Wilder would be like Foreman vs. Cooney.

Comment

Working...
                      X