Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum On Crawford-Porter: I'm Optimistic We Can Get Deal Done With PBC For PPV Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    It will be interesting to see how motivated Bob and PBC are to ce.to.an agreement and avoid a purse bid. If it goes to bid, then you have wildcards like Matchroom and Triller possibly trying to steal the fight.
    kiaba360, NC Uppercut and Eddegear like this.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

      I think it had to be a ppv. The thing is Tank has filled up arenas as a headliner in different locations throughout the country so ppv is the logical progression.

      Has Crawford done the same kind of business as a headliner? Not sure but I don’t see how this could not be a ppv.
      Was he responding to my post? Not sure why he pulled a “whataboutism” and brought tank into the equation
      Last edited by Oldskoolg; 07-22-2021, 07:59 PM.

      Comment


      • #13
        Bob rather go with PBC than try to promote this himself. Crawford's last fight of his contract and he might not have to flop the bill for the fight. Funny have they have Crawford so high in the p4p ranks and still has not faced a fighter like Porter or similar caliber.
        mgame and MastaBlasta like this.

        Comment


        • #14
          This old fart! He was originally against this fight because he didn't want to assume any of the financial risks. Now he wants to go half on the promotion. If I was the PBC, I wouldn't do it. Al Haymon should force a purse bid and put this fight on his Fox/PBC platform.
          kushking, RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM and 3 others like this.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            This old fart! He was originally against this fight because he didn't want to assume any of the financial risks. Now he wants to go half on the promotion. If I was the PBC, I wouldn't do it. Al Haymon should force a purse bid and put this fight on his Fox/PBC platform.
            Yep, agreed. But I wonder if it will go to a purse bid

            Comment


            • #16
              The beautiful things about this is whether Top Rank get Crawford a fight or not, they have to pay him his remaining 3 plus million left on his contract come October. If I was Crawford (or Porter), I'd let this go to purse bid...you know Haymon, Hearn & Triller will bid like crazy for this fight.

              And Crawford will get paid twice, once from the purse bid winner (if it's not Top Rank) and second from Top Rank who has to honor the remaining financial of his contract once it expires in October.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

                I think it had to be a ppv. The thing is Tank has filled up arenas as a headliner in different locations throughout the country so ppv is the logical progression.

                Has Crawford done the same kind of business as a headliner? Not sure but I don’t see how this could not be a ppv.
                Filling up arenas, possibly, selling PPVs not so much less than 250k awful numbers for awful mismatches.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

                  Was he responding to my post? Not sure why he pulled a “whataboutism” and brought tank into the equation
                  Posted to you directly, are you seriously playing stupid? I know that isn't a stretch for you but why avoid me? I can tell you why, I simply call you out on your obvious double standard. What a perfect one too. You are all for meaningless WBA trinkets being PPV fights and against two top tier WWs fighting for a real belt. You rather play dumb. It's okay I'll still keep calling you out.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

                    Yep, agreed. But I wonder if it will go to a purse bid
                    If they can't agree that Shawn Porter is worth more than the $1M that Top Rank was offering him previously; Then the answer is yes It will go to a purse bid.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      What a delicious fight! I could care less which platform it ends up on. Just get the thing done already!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP