Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: I Definitely Was Nervous The Whole Night; I Didn't Wanna Get Caught

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: I Definitely Was Nervous The Whole Night; I Didn't Wanna Get Caught

ATLANTA - Gervonta Davis took a more measured approach to beating Mario Barrios because he respected the fact that he fought a bigger, strong opponent in his 140-pound debut.
    [Click Here To Read More]

When I was listening to the post-fight presser, this quote definitely surprised me a bit but looking back, Davis was somewhat hesitant in the early going. I guess it is not THAT surprising but just hearing how he spars bigger fighters all the time, I thought he knew he could take a flush shot from a bigger fighter. Once he felt Barrios power and knew he could take his shots, he started to get more aggressive and ended up getting to Barrios as the fight progressed.

Comment

Like I said before Barrios was chosen for a reason. No holding, corner worried about combing his hair Aztec warrior my a$$.
      Ray* Ray* likes this.

Comment

I thought both fighters made a good account of themselves. Tank showed he could dig deep in the later rounds against the bigger guy and Barrios showed he has grit for sure. Most fighters after the 2 knockdowns wouldnt have posed many problems the next round much less taking the fight to Tank after that. Fun fight to watch for me.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          When I was listening to the post-fight presser, this quote definitely surprised me a bit but looking back, Davis was somewhat hesitant in the early going. I guess it is not THAT surprising but just hearing how he spars bigger fighters all the time, I thought he knew he could take a flush shot from a bigger fighter. Once he felt Barrios power and knew he could take his shots, he started to get more aggressive and ended up getting to Barrios as the fight progressed.
          i hear that.....def something fighters moving up face though...even if they spar bigger guys all the time....look at canelo vs golovkin first time out....yeah im sure canelo had been in there with bigger guys in sparring...and fought chavez.....but going in there against a guy everyone thought was a killer with the bright lights on is different(not that i put barrios and golovkin in the same category)....once canelo realized golovkin wasnt as bad as everyone thought he was he fought differently and with less regard for his power....

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
            Like I said before Barrios was chosen for a reason. No holding, corner worried about combing his hair Aztec warrior my a$$.
            reasons he was chosen

1. easy fight to make due to politics

2. he has a 140 belt

3. hes a solid fighter and mexican

4. to watch you cry because floyd and tank are hurting your life

Comment

Tank took some clean shots from a man who can seat that is two weights bigger than him. His chin appears to be solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

reasons he was chosen

2. he has a 140 belt

Ding ding ding that’s is most fights today if the fighter is worth a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

reasons he was chosen

2. he has a 140 belt

Lol he must be one of the trolls constantly posting negative comments about the fight

Comment

Tank has plenty of smarts to go along with his skills and power. Often impressed with his analysis of himself and his fights. Barrios was overall poor apart from some patches of rallying. He never defended his alpha-belt like even an alpha-belt champ should. Tank was so quiet in the opening 4 rounds he couldn't fail to take most of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X