Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua on Wilder: He's Not Elite Level, I'm Not One of The Tomato Cans He's Knocked Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Joshua is far from an elite level fighter too though. There’s only one elite HW and that’s Tyson Fury. AJ and Wilder are both far too limited to be considered elite.

    I actually think Wilder vs AJ is the most exciting fight at HW though, purely because it’s essentially just a shootout between two vulnerable punchers. Both only have a punchers chance vs Fury on the other hand, I highly doubt either ever beat him.
    Joshua has fought more top-10 opponents than Fury and Wilder put together. Please explain again how Fury is an elite level fighter. Fury also has zero title defenses, only one belt and is 5 years ahead of Joshua in his career....

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by Toffee View Post
      I've always thought that Joshua v Wilder is the closest of the three possibilities. That's was such a huge missed opportunity.

      Fury won't go near Joshua. That's a terrible matchup for him.

      Fury beats Wilder 9 out of 10.

      But Wilder v Joshua is a shootout.

      I believe Joshua has tried to fight both. The evidence on that is pretty clear. Wilder acknowledged legitimate offers and Fury got as far as announcing he'd accepted an offer.
      A shootout would be if Wilder has a skill level to land his only trick before Josh takes his head off. Only Wlad has been able to land a right flush on AJ and he hits harder than Wilder.

      If Wilder had a left hook, he’d have a puncher’s chance since you always catch AJ with a left the way he used to throw his right (he has tidied it up a bit since he started working with Angel). But since his left is useless - he’ll get sent into a coffin.

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
        ....Literally no joke, for more than half his carear Wilder fought no hope journey men to buff his knock out percentage. At 23 fights it was Owen Beck (yeah who the **** is that) who lost his last 6 fights...
        On a side note back in 2005, Owen "What the Heck" Beck was an undefeated prospect taking on Monte "2 Gunz" Barrett. They fought a war, Beck kept slinging despite getting dropped and ultimately stopped in the 9th. Great fight.

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
          Joshua knocks him out cold, common sense speaking....
          I have AJ to to win but Wilder is very capable of KO-ing AJ. Wilder is the fastest HW out there and doesn't normally tire. I have AJ at 70% chance of winning. Wilder at 30% which is still a pretty good chance.

          Comment


          • #45
            Styles make fights.

            AJ has the better resume but h2h Wilder knocks him out.

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by BangEM View Post

              A shootout would be if Wilder has a skill level to land his only trick before Josh takes his head off. Only Wlad has been able to land a right flush on AJ and he hits harder than Wilder.

              If Wilder had a left hook, he’d have a puncher’s chance since you always catch AJ with a left the way he used to throw his right (he has tidied it up a bit since he started working with Angel). But since his left is useless - he’ll get sent into a coffin.
              Hmm. If memory serves me correct, AJ didnt need no Wilder or Wlad to knock him down, all he needed was a fat Ruiz.
              So lets not get too carried away here.

              AJ is a great fighter no doubt and he does have a chance of beating anyone, but for you to suggest Wilder has no chance, you are just a fanboy

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by FinlandsFinest View Post

                Hmm. If memory serves me correct, AJ didnt need no Wilder or Wlad to knock him down, all he needed was a fat Ruiz.
                So lets not get too carried away here.

                AJ is a great fighter no doubt and he does have a chance of beating anyone, but for you to suggest Wilder has no chance, you are just a fanboy
                But is Wilder Ruiz and does he throw fast left hooks like a welterweight? Can Wilder even dip punches?

                No, you’re just a m0ron who knows phuckall about boxing. Wilder has a chance of beating Fury’s eye to a pulp because Wallin did. That’s your idiotic logic there.

                And where would Wilder get the left hook from?

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post

                  Riiight. Anyway. My point is Wilder has barely faced many of today’s top heavyweights. I would not at all be surprised if Povetkin had done him like he did Whyte for example.
                  You're right, he's faced lil competition, (even tho I rank Ortiz higher than most) but so has every other top HW, but this only get brought up with Wilder lol. Who has Fury fought besides Kiltch? Who has Joshua fought besides a 82 yr klitch?

                  Btw, I know wilder is not the best fighter out there, far from it, but that's why he's so intriguing. He's a cruiserweight KO'n much bigger HW. With his limited skillset he's been able to achieve so much, which is remarkable and why I cheer for him.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                    Ruiz is like a God on Wilders record.

                    Literally no joke, for more than half his carear Wilder fought no hope journey men to buff his knock out percentage. At 23 fights it was Owen Beck (yeah who the **** is that) who lost his last 6 fights !!!!!!!!!! and that was rated one of his best wins at the time ... he should have been unifying by then instead he actually got dropped by one of those bums and the videos erased from youtube by Haymon.

                    Joshua fought Ruiz in his 23rd fight.

                    You can LDBC this all you want but Wilders record is **** and he conned the boxing public.

                    First decent boxer he fought he got smashed, first time by an obese recovering drug addict / alcoholic.




                    At what point did I mention Wilders record?

                    Also just compare how Wilder and Ruiz performed against Arreola.

                    Ruiz is an absolute pudding and he beat down and made the humble one quit.

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post

                      Lol how convenient. So we can scrap the Breazeale win off Wilder record cuz Joshua beat him up 1st?

                      Ortiz 2 doesn't count? Stiverne 2 doesn't count?
                      Yes, you can absolutely scrap Breazeale. He was clearly worse with wilder after the Joshua beaten. Point proven. Thank you.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP