Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has this shadowy Al Haymon guy ever made a star in his time in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
    He's squandered a lot of talent that's for sure. Are PBC fighters so inactive because of Al's incompetence or because they really are free agents? I started pondering the idea that giving these guys independence just makes them not want to do **** and pick up 500k-1mil per year against an easy opponent
    Very good point, I think its that.

These fighters arent really ambition driven that are free agents, look at Mikey boxing first real free agent, once he became a free agent he was driven to get himself into the limelight and once he did that he lost all ambitions and is only fighting for top dollar once a year at best.

These other fighters haymon are just happy to wait till a big payday comes.

Comment

Damn I wish I was a bum.

Comment

Only a few fighters have complained about Al compared to the amount of guys that have complained about Bob, or Oscar for example. Just an observation

Comment

a promoter is as good as his fighter

Floyd is PPV GOAT because he had a mouth that he used to sell fights

majority of fighters aren't this. The caveman thinking of letting fists do the talking will only get a fighter so far in stardom

Talking sells fights

If some of the better guys in Al's roster had Broner's mouthpiece they'd be stars

or if Broner had their skills and dedication

Imagine if Spence could talk like AB lol
          Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 06-16-2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
            Only a few fighters have complained about Al compared to the amount of guys that have complained about Bob, or Oscar for example. Just an observation
            Lol hahahahaha it's obviously in their contract that they have to thank him and suck his dick. They aren't allowed to not suck him off in public never mind criticise him public

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

Lol hahahahaha it's obviously in their contract that they have to thank him and suck his dick. They aren't allowed to not suck him off in public never mind criticise him public
              Ah yes, obviously.
              The one guy i recall off the top of my head was Vanes and after he left him he was regretful and publicly stated he wanted to go back to Al.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post

Ah yes, obviously.
                The one guy i recall off the top of my head was Vanes and after he left him he was regretful and publicly stated he wanted to go back to Al.
                If Wilder could form a coherent thought he would speak out against the man that cost him 120 mil haha
                Ray* Ray* likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post

These fighters arent really ambition driven that are free agents, look at Mikey boxing first real free agent, once he became a free agent he was driven to get himself into the limelight and once he did that he lost all ambitions and is only fighting for top dollar once a year at best.

Mikey is a good example. He negotiated himself to where he wanted to be and totally platued as a fighter. He definitely peaked under Top rank. There is still a lot of exceptions though. I mean there definitely is something preventing them from branching out in a way that would supersede Floyd. I remember Kid Chocolate got offered a title fight at 160 (I think against Korobov) and he had to either vacate or not take the fight. He then sat out a while and then got demolished when he was eventually offered a fight with Jacobs. I think it was Jayz's promotion that offered Kid Chocolate and Broner some big money at the time.

Comment

I'll never forgot when Paulie roasted Haymon and Broner hahahaha
                    ..then he joined them smh

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post

They aren’t free agent’s. You think free agents would be fighting Montiel, or jumping up 2 weightclasses to scrap up Barrios when big money fights are available in their division? Have you never seen the Al Haymon “slave contract” that surfaced from the lawsuit with Main Events? These guy’s can’t negotiate without a written approval from Haymon, let alone accept a fight.

Mikey Garcia is a complete free agent, Gary Russell like Danny Jacobs only have Al as advisor. They aren’t on the PBC gameplan.

Randall Bailey was on livestream a few days ago, also said PBC guys have no say on who they fight.

correction: free agents, but not the boss. In the words of Kenny Porter “we got the green light from Al Haymon”.
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 06-16-2021, 05:13 PM.
                      TheBoxGod TheBoxGod likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X