Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has this shadowy Al Haymon guy ever made a star in his time in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
    He's squandered a lot of talent that's for sure. Are PBC fighters so inactive because of Al's incompetence or because they really are free agents? I started pondering the idea that giving these guys independence just makes them not want to do **** and pick up 500k-1mil per year against an easy opponent
    Listen to Oscar talk about not being able to get any PBC guys for Vergil Ortiz.

Comment

wilder has made 70 mil in 3 years

spence and tank are lower level stars...by lower level i mean they arent floyd, oscar, pac, canelo....but being a level below that isnt too shabby considering

floyd was/is the biggest star of the last how many years?

one could reasonably argue that canelo, with schaeffer and his partnership with haymon, was helped greatly by floyd and haymon...he was on floyd undercards and the fight with floyd himself greatly boosted his profile...all made possible by haymon and schaeffer

the end

Comment

I don't know, but first of all, I wanna thank him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

Lol a bum in terms of promoters. He never made a star. Never really made a block buster fight until this Pacquiao vs Spence fight
          He’s not even a promoter…

He’s an advisor and a very good one too. He’s made a lot of fighters a lot of money. Love him or hate him, he’s clearly very good at his job and his massive stable reflects that.
          just the facts likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post

Listen to Oscar talk about not being able to get any PBC guys for Vergil Ortiz.
            thats what happens when one guy has all the named 147lbers...if oscar had als stable...or bob had als stable...theyd all be doing the same thing.....the sucky part for oscar and bob is they have one guy each in that division.....its the business....al has a bunch of fights hes made and can make inhouse...just like bob has done in the past and would certainly do again given the opportunity...oscar and bob can fock right off with their tears....nobody cares.....bob certainly didnt care when he made wilder wait for the immediate rematch the world and wilder wanted at the first fury/wilder fight.....

youre talking about 2 147lbers from two different companies crying about not getting fights...tell their promoters to get some 147lb talent and this wouldnt be a problem........meanwhile spence has a better resume than bud and ortiz and a bigger fight coming up than either of them could dream about at this point.....and danny, thurman, porter are all happy with their bank accounts

Comment

Only people who speak negative about the Man are people who don't know him and never worked with him...EXACTLY!

As a Adviser, his job is NOT to please us the fans, his job really is the make sure his fighter get PAID and try to help them avoid getting caught up in these Awful Deals with promoters and he does that very well.

As for creating stars...so Spence, Wilder, Tank Davis, Thurman, Charlo Brothers, Benavidez, Plant...are they not bigger stars now than they was before PBC was created?

I get it though, seems like one of these threads are created once a month it is created just the Bash and Argue about someone none of us even know personally.
              Last edited by sicko; 06-16-2021, 03:14 PM.
              just the facts likes this.

Comment

no - he has been kicked off more TV networks than i can count and boxing is literally at its lowest point its ever been with him having all these fighters at his disposal.the guy cant even show his face in public, its beyond stupid
                PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

Comment

He was smart enough to buyout froids contract from Arum and from there oscar promoted and fought him.

Comment

Haymon is the type of guy you sign with when you're an up and coming prospect who already has a buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      wilder has made 70 mil in 3 years

spence and tank are lower level stars...by lower level i mean they arent floyd, oscar, pac, canelo....but being a level below that isnt too shabby considering

floyd was/is the biggest star of the last how many years?

one could reasonably argue that canelo, with schaeffer and his partnership with haymon, was helped greatly by floyd and haymon...he was on floyd undercards and the fight with floyd himself greatly boosted his profile...all made possible by haymon and schaeffer

the end
                      Spence is unknown in most places and Gervonte is known no where exactly a few spots in the US. Tank is in no way a star

Comment

Working...
                      X