Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has this shadowy Al Haymon guy ever made a star in his time in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this shadowy Al Haymon guy ever made a star in his time in boxing?

Seems like he's just a bum that doesn't know what he's doing tbh.

Did he have a hand in the creation of Mayweather's stardom?

Seems like he is almost actively stopping guys from becoming stars.

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
    Seems like he's just a bum.

How’s he a bum? He’s probably 100x richer than you, me or anyone else on this forum.

Al’s a decent guy IMO. You never hear about his fighters being underpaid or going broke. Which is more than you can say for most promoters/managers/advisers etc in boxing.
    786 and sicko like this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

How’s he a bum? He’s probably 100x richer than you, me or anyone else on this forum.

Al’s a decent guy IMO. You never hear about his fighters being underpaid or going broke. Which is more than you can say for most promoters/managers/advisers etc in boxing.
      Lol a bum in terms of promoters. He never made a star. Never really made a block buster fight until this Pacquiao vs Spence fight

Comment

He's squandered a lot of talent that's for sure. Are PBC fighters so inactive because of Al's incompetence or because they really are free agents? I started pondering the idea that giving these guys independence just makes them not want to do **** and pick up 500k-1mil per year against an easy opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
          Seems like he's just a bum that doesn't know what he's doing tbh.

Did he have a hand in the creation of Mayweather's stardom?

Seems like he is almost actively stopping guys from becoming stars.
          Spence, Broner, Tank Davis, Leo Santa Cruz, Charlo twins.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

wilder, in the last 3 years, has prob made more than any active american born boxer has in their career
            champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

They are definitely not stars lol Leon Santa Cruz haha

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

wilder, in the last 3 years, has prob made more than any active american born boxer has in their career
                Good point. You're right I think. Borderline if you can call him a star because the majority of Americans wouldn't have a clue who he was but the bar is very low thesedays.

Beyonce's stage managed career KOing 35 bums fooled the casual fan public into thinking that he was far better than be really was.

Comment

He has a successful company. I believe Spence is a star but he isn’t a big one. All the other guys are not stars.

Boxing doesn’t occupy the same space in the Sports landscape so I don’t believe any boxer will be a big star anymore.

Why does it matter if he develops a “star “? He just helped Floyd become the cash cow and set records.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    He has a successful company. I believe Spence is a star but he isn’t a big one. All the other guys are not stars.

Boxing doesn’t occupy the same space in the Sports landscape so I don’t believe any boxer will be a big star anymore.

Why does it matter if he develops a “star “? He just helped Floyd become the cash cow and set records.
                    He piggy backed off Floyd.

PBC is up for sale by the way. Its nothing but a money-sink. Never made a dollar in it's entire existence.

Comment

Working...
                    X