Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk Coming Together For September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Hearn is good for one thing its pushing fights back. Look for this fight to take place next September.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post

That will depend on Eddie and his "we're the A-side". If they offer a fair 50-50 deal, there is a good chance the fight will be made. Anything else, and we'll go back to he said and she said. To me, Joshua-Wilder is a bigger fight than Joshua-Fury. The latter will mostly interest UK fans only while the former has a more global appeal.
      U.K. is boxing fan mania. Here is all about ufc cage crap. Fury vs Joshua will be way bigger. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
        Incredible how difficult it is to set up a match with AJ in it!
        Yes , greed and rematch clauses hold up things and then Hearns 'terms and bad conditions ' arrive , it's a wonder Joshua gets to fight at all. Remember when Wilder was WBC champion Hearn offered 15m , basically around 15% . Wilder of course was never going to be ripped off like that and Hearn knew it. Hence Joshua got chinned by someone else.
        Tecnoworld likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Fury likely ends Wilder's career, and then I assume Usyk will have to bow down to the rematch clause, which means (IMO) AJ/Usyk in September and AJ/Usyk II in May in a brand new, custom built stadium in Saudi Arabia.

Fury/Usyk is a pretty interesting fight TBH. I have NO idea what that style matchup would look like. Both guys can switch up their styles with the snap of a finger, while Joshua and Wilder can not.
          I really don't think Wilder losing would end his career, i know he is 35/36 but he has another 2/3 years especially if we look at the way HW longevity is these days. He has another 4/5 PBC HW that he can feast on for mediocre paydays. The only thing that fight would do is end his big paydays if he loses.

Fury/Usyk would be interesting as you pointed out. They are so unpredictable with their styles, it might end up been a boring match up in the ring.

Comment

Even if he loses from fury again, wilder could still beat aj and most other top ranked hw, right now. I see him having troubles only with joyce, actually. All the others would be quite beatable for him.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post

Yes , greed and rematch clauses hold up things and then Hearns 'terms and bad conditions ' arrive , it's a wonder Joshua gets to fight at all. Remember when Wilder was WBC champion Hearn offered 15m , basically around 15% . Wilder of course was never going to be ripped off like that and Hearn knew it. Hence Joshua got chinned by someone else.
              There was never any complaint from Fury’s side about the negotiations with Hearn or his contracts.

The fight fell through because of the result of the arbitration which related to a contract which had nothing to do with Hearn whatsoever.

stop dreaming about Hearn for a second and you’ll see things more clearly

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

You guys keep saying that lol.

AJ is capable of going 12 rounds while on his bike. If he wants to, he will do it.

AJ seems to gas when he trades way too much. Going for the finish when the finish ain’t there. He does too much. Otherwise if he plays it smart and let the KO happen when it happens, his stamina is good.

Both times I saw him gas was from throwing too many punches for too long. He is a HW not a Bantamweight. His body naturally can’t sustain using up that much energy at once.

He paced himself vs Ruiz in the rematch and looked perfectly fine stamina wise for 12 rounds.
                I'm pretty sure Usyk's game plan will involve not allowing AJ to pace himself. If AJ can't stop him early or hurt him enough to intimidate and discourage him, then Usyk's stamina and high work rate will pose big problems for Joshua as the rounds go by.

Comment

It’s gonna be around 15 months by the time Fury & Wilder fight again and thats from a rematch clause from a contract signed even before that.

Hearn has put 2 deals together from scratch in half the time yet he still gets all the ****e under the sun.

This is the most biased, hypocritical forum out there.
                  kafkod likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

I really don't think Wilder losing would end his career, i know he is 35/36 but he has another 2/3 years especially if we look at the way HW longevity is these days. He has another 4/5 PBC HW that he can feast on for mediocre paydays. The only thing that fight would do is end his big paydays if he loses.

Fury/Usyk would be interesting as you pointed out. They are so unpredictable with their styles, it might end up been a boring match up in the ring.
                    I love **** like that. I thought Fury/Klitschko was an entertaining chess match. I typically enjoy defensive counter punchers though, which is why I really dislike Shakur Stevenson, because he's pure defense with zero countering.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

I love **** like that. I thought Fury/Klitschko was an entertaining chess match. I typically enjoy defensive counter punchers though, which is why I really dislike Shakur Stevenson, because he's pure defense with zero countering.
                      Am a sweet science sort of guy but i still prefer boxers to land punches even if they are defensive, hence my likes for Mayweather and dislike for Lara when he fights sooooo defensive, and yes i agree with the Shakur comparison as well, the great thing about shakur is he himself recognises that he didn't land enough in his last fight, which mean he would try and improve in his next few fights. Having said that the Fury/Vladimir fight was a bit boring for me. Just not enough punches got through.

Comment

Working...
                      X