Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. Does Not Believe Canelo Will Eclipse His Status in Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
    You didn’t even read the article. The interview was with La Afición, not the reporter you hate.

Chavez was asked a question and answered it.

Miguel Rivera wrote a story around the quote.
    There is no Miguel Rivera. That’s a fake alias

Comment

Lol it doesn’t change the fact that Chavez made the comment you claim he didn’t make!

They literally lifted the interview from another source and posted it here.

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

There is no Miguel Rivera. That’s a fake alias

Comment

Originally posted by mjh1969 View Post

Everyone fights a few tomato cans on their way up the ladder. Yeah Chavez fought some taxi cab drivers and bartenders on his way up but he became something fierce once he got there.
        And he mentions Canelo has a loss. Like he would beat Mayweather. LMAO. He lost to every world class fighter he ever faced, except the "draw" with sweet pea. Some of the wins he has that get mentioned as great are to me just decent level wins, Robert Guerrero level type wins is the best he ever did. And he never faced a few cans, he faced over 50 cans, check his boxrec. I've never seen padding like it. I could have beaten 90% of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          No way Canelo is better than Olivares, Salvador Sanchez, Ricardo Lopez.

Only stupid casuals think beating Callum Smith and struggling with old GGG makes you being great.
          I agree with Sanchez and Olivares, but who the hell did Lopez beat at world level? I think you're going on the hype of that bum instead of the actual facts. Put a Charlie Edwards in with the bums Lopez fought and he'd dominate them even better. Hell, Charlie actually has a world level win over Rosales. But Lopez?

As for Canelo... The only world level wins that stand up to scrutiny are Trout and Jacobs. The rest were orchestrated with many disadvantages to get Canelo the win. They're fraudulent in the extreme.

Comment

This is 100% true. Canelo won't ever be the top Mexican ATG. True Mexicans (from Mexico) actually follow boxing for boxing, we cannot be fooled by padded accolades and all the shenanigans Canelo pulls almost every fight.

Canelo doesn't even have any worthwhile names at 160 and 168 to choose from anymore......and the TWO big contemporary names that would have cemented his legacy, he **** the bed.

Canelo WILL end up top 10 ATG Mexicans......but not top 1, and idk if even top 3.
            Last edited by El Más Loco; 04-26-2021, 02:31 PM.

Comment

He beat Rosendo Alvarez.

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

I agree with Sanchez and Olivares, but who the hell did Lopez beat at world level? I think you're going on the hype of that bum instead of the actual facts. Put a Charlie Edwards in with the bums Lopez fought and he'd dominate them even better. Hell, Charlie actually has a world level win over Rosales. But Lopez?

As for Canelo... The only world level wins that stand up to scrutiny are Trout and Jacobs. The rest were orchestrated with many disadvantages to get Canelo the win. They're fraudulent in the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Don't ever compare that bum Charlie Edwards to a true legend. Rey Martinez already stopped that scrub Edwards but needed the judges to take that win away from Rey.....and ducked an immediate rematch.
                Last edited by El Más Loco; 04-26-2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Salvador Sanchez was on his way to be TBE of Mexico until he died in a crash. But I feel like Chavez and other Mexican fighters are jealous of Canelo and all his accomplishments. Canelo is on his way to be the first Undisputed Mexican champion and he actually fought live bodies and not 60 something bums like Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                    He beat Rosendo Alvarez.

You mean the Rosendo he lost both fights to, but got a gift draw and SD win over?

Exactly. He beat no one.

Comment

Originally posted by powershots View Post
                      Salvador Sanchez was on his way to be TBE of Mexico until he died in a crash. But I feel like Chavez and other Mexican fighters are jealous of Canelo and all his accomplishments. Canelo is on his way to be the first Undisputed Mexican champion and he actually fought live bodies and not 60 something bums like Chavez.
                      Canelo had about 45 amateur fights and also fought like 25 bums in his early career........how is that any different than what Chavez did? (who didn't have an amateur career)

Comment

Working...
                      X