Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Askren: Jake Paul Fight Had Little Significance in My Life. Why Was Public So Interested?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Askren: Jake Paul Fight Had Little Significance in My Life. Why Was Public So Interested?

Former Bellator and ONE champion Ben Askren is still not sure why so much of the public was interested in last Saturday's boxing match with Youtube star Jake Paul. Askren, who appeared to be out of shape and had no boxing experience, was stopped in the first round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Trying to downplay getting stretched.
    Boxopera Boxopera likes this.

Comment

Yeah trying to downplay the embarrassment of being a pro fighter for years and getting flattened by a YouTuber that appeals to kids.

Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-20-2021, 02:50 AM.

Comment

No pride whatsoever

What a numpty
        Boxopera Boxopera likes this.

Comment

I will say this, he did look fat. He no business fighting at cruiserweight, had a hip replacement surgery and was told not to do any physical activity for a year, so he couldn't go all out in camp and fought only months later.

Comment

So why take the fight his children will be ashamed of him and his wife will leave his has no shame

Comment

War Ben Askren, one of the great warriors of combat sports history. A heart of a champion. You emptied the tank against one of the greatest to ever do it and came up a little short. No shame in that. Don't hang your head Ben, you will be back. Your fan base believes in you because you will always have the heart of a champion. Nobody with a milk bag bod went as far as you did and that is a testament to your will and sheer determination.

Comment

That is a valid point, I also don't understand how it could attract so many viewers. Totally mind boggling, it was dreadful, having checked what the fuss was on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post
                  I will say this, he did look fat.
                  Yeah and I will say this....yo momma look fat!!!!

Comment

Between getting KO'd with one shot in the opening 5 seconds to now getting KOd in the first round by some dick from Youtube the guy has probably the worst high profile losses of any fighter ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X