Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields vs. Brittney Elkin - PFL Clash Announced For June 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Toney didn't get the easy treatment either. Will be hilarious if she loses. If her opponent is any good on the ground she's ****ed. Shields is not a big puncher.
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 04-14-2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Shields never misses an opportunity to remind everyone that she's the greatest thing to ever do anything and everything... "Elkin is 3-6-0" lol... Guess I can't blame her for the soft touch in her first fight...

Comment

What weight is this going to be? Says Elkin fights at featherweight on her sherdog profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          What weight is this going to be? Says Elkin fights at featherweight on her sherdog profile.
          Featherweight in MMA is 145 im assuming it will be at 155.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

They did with holly holm. I guess holly is the real GWOAT
            Holm didn't fight a top level MMA girl in her first MMA fight. She fought a manufactured 4-1 record girl who retired after Holm beat her. As best as I can tell the combined record of the 4 girls her opponent beat was 0-1.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
              Lmao this chick is 3-6.

They're giving her the boxing treatment in MMA.
              Brock Lesnar fought a 2-5 guy in his MMA debut. I think this is fine for a first fight. I'd actually argue it'd be MORE ideal to fight someone with less MMA experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Brock Lesnar fought a 2-5 guy in his MMA debut. I think this is fine for a first fight. I'd actually argue it'd be MORE ideal to fight someone with less MMA experience.
                And Lesnar was a top level amateur wrestler, who competed against the best.

Comment

That 2-5 guy was a judo olympic silver medallist, 4-1 in kickboxing and his MMA losses were against Semmy, Sapp, Sefo, Frye and Mighty Mo. This 3-6 chick hasnt even fought someone thats made it to the UFC, and this is ****ing womens MMA with a paper thin talent pool. After all the **** Shields talks this is a lame opponent.

This chick is apparently a BJJ brown belt though so thats something.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

That 2-5 guy was a judo olympic silver medallist, 4-1 in kickboxing and his MMA losses were against Semmy, Sapp, Sefo, Frye and Mighty Mo. This 3-6 chick hasnt even fought someone thats made it to the UFC, and this is ****ing womens MMA with a paper thin talent pool. After all the **** Shields talks this is a lame opponent.

This chick is apparently a BJJ brown belt though so thats something.
                    That guy was a can. Sure he fought notable guys in MMA & got merked by then almost every time, but he was awful & only beat trash MMA guys. Sh^t you or I coulda fought Mo & Sapp & got our ass beat too.

No one crossing over to MMA is fighting anyone impressive in their first fight, minus James Toney, is the bottom line...and usually first few fights when they have a few fights. Idk why a 3-6 girl is something THAT offensive to you.

Who would you suggest she fight in her first MMA fight?

Comment

That guy was a can. Sure he fought notable guys in MMA & got merked by then almost every time, but he was awful & only beat trash MMA guys. Sh^t you or I coulda fought Mo & Sapp & got our ass beat too.

No one crossing over to MMA is fighting anyone impressive in their first fight, minus James Toney, is the bottom line...and usually first few fights when they have a few fights. Idk why a 3-6 girl is something THAT offensive to you.

Who would you suggest she fight in her first MMA fight?
                      Eh, its not THAT offensive, I just think its funny considering Shields massive ego and all the **** she talks that shes facing some chick with a losing record that was already fed to a debuting Kayla Harrison 3 years ago.

But you're right, its not that big a deal. I'm mostly just talking **** and wanna see her get her ass kicked.
                      Last edited by TMLT87; 04-15-2021, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X