Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields vs. Brittney Elkin - PFL Clash Announced For June 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

You think the womens boxing talent pool isn't terrible & has a low skill level? Sh^t think this is something we can agree on finally.

And fook I'd argue womens MMA has a deeper talent pool than boxing or at least its spread out less. Womens MMA gots 4 weight divisions at the top level (UFC) & you could argue 5 if you wanna count 105 which some lesser leagues use, womens boxing gots the same 17 weight divisions mens boxing has. There are several divisions where there are less than 20 women boxers who've fought in the last 12mos. Sh^t man there are 4 boxing world title holders in divisions with less people than any class I ever had in school from kindergarten to college. So I think its very likely Shields is going into a more competitive world with 250% longer rounds in a combat sport that she has no experience in so its a tougher move not easier move. I got lil doubt Shields is catching an L in MMA no matter how good she gets at it. Thats how much more volatile MMA is vs boxing.
    All great points so her not getting in their with gal on the elite level is fine for her debut, let's see how she looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Am glad that she is easing her way into it. No point in jumping in at the other end. This is excellent match making.
      This is not easing her way in, the training videos of seen of her she looks horrible and slow. She has no explosiveness in her movements, she needs way more time getting her body use to his movement. She should not be fighting anyone, till a good 2 years of hard MMA training.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post

This is not easing her way in, the training videos of seen of her she looks horrible and slow. She has no explosiveness in her movements, she needs way more time getting her body use to his movement. She should not be fighting anyone, till a good 2 years of hard MMA training.
        If they are not easing her in with this fight then what are they doing? Unless they put her in with a boxer or a debutant then what else is there? This girl that she is fighting is one of the worse fighter under their promotion, if she isn’t one of the worse in MMA period. She is also a smaller fighter. So yeah I would say they are easing her in, not “Easing” her in would be throwing her in to the deep end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

If they are not easing her in with this fight then what are they doing? Unless they put her in with a boxer or a debutant then what else is there? This girl that she is fighting is one of the worse fighter under their promotion, if she isn’t one of the worse in MMA period. She is also a smaller fighter. So yeah I would say they are easing her in, not “Easing” her in would be throwing her in to the deep end.
          I repeat, easing her in would be letting her actually train to know what she is doing for years (She looks horrible in her training videos). This girl is bad, but she is a PRO. Who has been doing it for years. You can find videos of her doing this as far back as 2011
          [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

This is not easing someone in. This girl can EASILY take Shields down, if that what she chooses to do.
          Last edited by CLUE; 04-18-2021, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post

I repeat, easing her in would be letting her actually train to know what she is doing for years (She looks horrible in her training videos). This girl is bad, but she is a PRO. Who has been doing it for years. You can find videos of her doing this as far back as 2011
            [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

This is not easing someone in. This girl can EASILY take Shields down, if that what she chooses to do.
            This is still easing her in. I follow MMA and unless they find another boxer for her to fight in MMA then this is the worse they can get.

Shield isn’t waiting another for 2 years to do MMA training, to take on a fighter like Brittney... She has been training with cyborg as far back as 2018, training with holm and Jon and talked about doing combat sport for a while now.

Am sure she and her team knows what she is getting herself into, and am glad they didn’t let her ego pick a more dangerous fighter, this is easing her way in.

You can put your money on Brittney and I would put my money on shield if you are that confident...

Comment

Working...
            X