Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Joshua Has To Beat Me and Wilder To Be Best of This Era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more interested in the fact that there's no Shugar Hill around him this time.
    When there was talk of fighting Wilder in December, Shugar even flew to UK.
    Now, there's no trace of Shugar?
    Goodbye mighty "Kronk Fury", welcome back herky-jerky shit?

Comment

Seems like he's more positive about the fight happening so is getting on with the mind games, I can see he already got under the skin of some AJ fans in here.

It's not hard to get under AJ's skin but I'm not sure how effective it is, we've seen him look rattled/annoyed with trash talk before, even Brezeale got to him by simply saying he feels confident about getting a KO. Pulev seemed to get to him at the weigh-in. He won those fights easily. Lennox was the same, if he looked rattled, chances are you're getting a super-focused and well prepared Lewis who is there to make you eat your words.

When AJ looked comfortable and was all smiles with Ruiz, talking about 'he's a nice guy, I just hope he's here to fight...' he got completely beat down. My point is, the mind games/trash talk sometimes doesn't work at a certain level or with certain fighters. AJ seems to be one who becomes more motivated when his opponent has got to him during the build up. I'm sure Fury will totally embarrass AJ in the buildup, I'm just not so sure that'll be a significant factor in the fight.
      Zonkmeister Zonkmeister likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

Ring magazine. Yeah yeah I know, there is no "objective" top 10 but regardless its pretty hard to argue that Fury or Wilder have fought a wider range of current top HWs than Joshua has. A lot of the top 10 level guys have been in the mix with each other and then you've got Fury/Wilder/Ortiz in their own bubble.
        Have checked and you are pretty much accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
          Seems like he's more positive about the fight happening so is getting on with the mind games, I can see he already got under the skin of some AJ fans in here.

It's not hard to get under AJ's skin but I'm not sure how effective it is, we've seen him look rattled/annoyed with trash talk before, even Brezeale got to him by simply saying he feels confident about getting a KO. Pulev seemed to get to him at the weigh-in. He won those fights easily. Lennox was the same, if he looked rattled, chances are you're getting a super-focused and well prepared Lewis who is there to make you eat your words.

When AJ looked comfortable and was all smiles with Ruiz, talking about 'he's a nice guy, I just hope he's here to fight...' he got completely beat down. My point is, the mind games/trash talk sometimes doesn't work at a certain level or with certain fighters. AJ seems to be one who becomes more motivated when his opponent has got to him during the build up. I'm sure Fury will totally embarrass AJ in the buildup, I'm just not so sure that'll be a significant factor in the fight.
          Am sure AJ has got scriptwriters ghost writing for him with *Witty* comebacks already. But honestly i think we all know what to expect from each camp. Fury would say a lot, AJ would say a lot less. And neither is affected by the words like Wilder who went mad in the first fight swinging for air, and then getting rattled and chatting BS in the lead up to the second fight.

Comment

John McDermott and Andy Ruiz are halfway there!

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
              I'm more interested in the fact that there's no Shugar Hill around him this time.
              When there was talk of fighting Wilder in December, Shugar even flew to UK.
              Now, there's no trace of Shugar?
              Goodbye mighty "Kronk Fury", welcome back herky-jerky shit?
              You saying he change trainers? You know boxers DO train with different people without changing trainers right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Am sure AJ has got scriptwriters ghost writing for him with *Witty* comebacks already. But honestly i think we all know what to expect from each camp. Fury would say a lot, AJ would say a lot less. And neither is affected by the words like Wilder who went mad in the first fight swinging for air, and then getting rattled and chatting BS in the lead up to the second fight.
                His scriptwriters need to come up with something better than that landlord ****. Yeah, I doubt AJ will be affected like Wider at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  John McDermott and Andy Ruiz are halfway there!
                  Bit of a daft comparison. Ruiz beat prime Joshua. When Joshua was Rated 1,2, or 3 in the world depending on opinion of Fury, Wilder, Joshua. When Mcdermott fought Fury, Fury was a domestic-level fighter, who at the time, would have been absolutely destroyed by anyone in the top 15. He beat Mcdermott btw, just not as wide as what the score was.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Bit of a daft comparison. Ruiz beat prime Joshua. When Joshua was Rated 1,2, or 3 in the world depending on opinion of Fury, Wilder, Joshua. When Mcdermott fought Fury, Fury was a domestic-level fighter, who at the time, would have been absolutely destroyed by anyone in the top 15. He beat Mcdermott btw, just not as wide as what the score was.
                    The steroids completely changed Tyson into a different boxer, since he lost to John McDermott didn't it? Added a whole lot of muscle to his
                    spaghetti noodle frame and lost his hair and all. But Tyson did not avenge John McDermott fairly, he ( Phooey ) violated BBBofC protocols by forcing fatso to wear the BBE armature BBBofC approved boxing-gloves at the last minute, whilst Tyson got to use the pro Reyes punchers gloves ; McDermott asked to wear the same Reyes gloves, but Tyson being afraid of the ass whooping John handed him in the last fight, refused to let fat-John wear said brand of gloves. Tyson never beat John McDermott honestly.

But anyways, greatest of this awful crop of HW's is really nothing to brag about, I cant remember any ATG being battered by a slob like McDermott, even as novice prospects, simply embarrassing.

Comment

Joshua would be the underdog against Fury, but he would beat Wilder, probably by KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X