Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Boots better than bud and spence? Could he beat them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Thank you for this lovely post. I laughed when I read of these expert posters thinking Boots at this stage would beat Crawford or Spence. Maybe in 2/3 years time with more experience and them aging etc But Crawford would play with him, he wouldn’t even touch him. Spence would beat him too.
    Crawford would play with him?! LMAO Crawford was getting lit up by big slow ass muscle bound Mean Machine bro. Do you realize how much better Boots is than Mean Machine? Quicker? Better handspeed? Craftier on offense? Bro stop this you and the other guy are fanboys bruh, take them goggles off, Crawford can't even slip a damn jab, how the **** is Boots not gonna light his world up. LMAO y'all are starting to sound like y'all don't know **** about boxing.
    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post

Some of y’all make Crawford out to be some type of boxing wizard. The guy is good, but has a lot of flaws that can be exploited by a much superior boxer. I don’t know if Ennis is better though. Only time will tell.
      The fact that he has so many damn basic technical flaws is why he isn't some superior boxer. Lmao he is a good fighter, but damn people act like Crawford is boxing Jesus. What the hell has he ever done in the ring to make them think he is some untouchable god in the ring? Getting pieced up with the same basic one two repeatedly by Mean Machine? Getting out jabbed by a guy with one functional leg? Getting hit with the same jab repeatedly by Brook who's best days were well behind him? Beating Jeff Horn? Lipinets would be a top 3 Crawford win in his entire career.

Even if they don't think Boots would run him over, at the bare minimum it is a 50/50 fight, that is how much further along as a boxer he is than Crawford because Crawford is 33 and Ennis is 23. Spence is my favorite fighter right now and even I can see with just a little more experience(2 more fights max) Spence won't beat him either. They probably won't be able to beat Vergil Ortiz Jr. either if I'm being honest about it(Spence can right now, Crawford may **** around and get brutalized but it would be a closer fight than Crawford-Ennis due to styles, so Crawford can win against Ortiz but that's gonna be a tough one for him).
      Carpe Diem Carpe Diem likes this.

Comment

He definitely has a “PPV superstar” appeal to his style. More explosive and flashy than Crawford and Spence. He needs to sharpen his defensive skills a bit more, then he’ll be the top dawg at the WW division.

Comment

If Ennis gets a little more experience against one or two more quality durable opponents he is going to become a major issue for the older Welters.

From a physical standpoint he has more speed and reflexes at his disposal than any other Welter and the fact that he has power grants him a certain level of respect to not just try and bully him.

The only thing he needs to work on is his composure and allowing the fight to play out. If he decides to rush things against a more experienced Welter he could run into trouble. That is the main thing Crawford banks on is letting his opponents take unnecessary risks and capitalizing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Thank you for this lovely post. I laughed when I read of these expert posters thinking Boots at this stage would beat Crawford or Spence. Maybe in 2/3 years time with more experience and them aging etc But Crawford would play with him, he wouldn’t even touch him. Spence would beat him too.
            I've already accepted that 95% of the people on NSB are casuals. Boots is my favorite prospect, so it kinda hurt to speak down on him just now, but facts are facts. Bud & Spence are too much for him right now.
            Queen_Leia Queen_Leia likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas' 4 Eva View Post

Nope, Spence is a beatable fighter, I can see Boots beating Spence, with more EXPERIENCE. He has the size and skillset to do it, just don't know if he has the experience. He's never been 12 rounds before.

He is just better than Crawford. Offensively and defensively. Crawford does everything Boots does while moving, standing still at long range. Boots does it while he dances around you rolling your punches off his shoulders and hands. Crawford doesn't have defense like that, he can't even slip a jab bro. Everything you think Crawford can do, Ennis actually can do bro.

So basically Ennis beats everyone at 147 without having one fighter with a heartbeat on his resume. I'm looking at all of the current 147 prospect resume (Ortiz, Yeleussinov, etc) and they all have at least 1 fighter with a heartbeat on their resume that fights back. Ennis (including last night win) has none.

What happens when he's in the ring with a opponent who can moves their head when Ennis jabs, times Ennis speed and cuts off the ring?

Ennis would have a hard time with Thurman, Porter, Garcia (both) Pacquiao and Ugas...let alone him beating Spence & Crawford.

Comment

Boots look like a problem for anyone and everyone in the welterweight division.

Comment

That dude Ennis is a beast. No1 is going to openly challenge him or not want a ton of cash to fight him.

Comment

Lol classic NSB

Prospect beats a guy he's supposed to beat in good fashion and suddenly he beats the top guys too

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
                      Some people actually think ennis can beat crawford handily? Are you high?
                      Exactly. It's not even OK for someone who is high to say that. It's a boxing blasphemy. Lipinets is too average and robotic to be a yardstick.

Comment

Working...
                      X