Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Whyte's Possibilities: Franklin-Shaw Winner, Trevor Bryan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post

I can see the perfect fight for Wilder who wants his WBC belt back is a Dillian Whyte fight and Hearn also says he would like Wilder for Whyte and there is nothing but negativity from Wilder fans and a comment from Wilder that Whyte should fight other ppl and not him.
    I think Whyte is perfect myself, I'd love to see it, but I think Fury broke something.

Comment

In another post (Charr/Lovejoy) I joked around about a huge WBA regular/WBC interim unification bout. I was only joking around but I would be ok with it but would Don King risk his possible mandatory WBA spot? I could see Bryan staying inactive waiting much like Stiverne used to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Targaryen View Post
        Please, the last thing we need is Dillian Whyte beating Trevor Bryan and calling himself "World Champion".

Whyte v Wilder, or the Parker v Chisora winner would be great.
        I wouldn't consider Whyte a champion with that WBA piece of ****. But the fight is quite interesting.

Wilder won't fight him. I'm not really interested in a 3rd Chisora fight. Parker yes, but i see Chisora beating him and making it a non starter. Anyone else he could fight?

Comment

I want Whyte to fight Ortiz in summer, then maybe Wilder or Ruiz Jr. Wilder, if he's gonna make a comeback soon, would probably take a low-risk fight to dust off the ring rust. Later in the year, Wilder against Whyte or Ruiz Jr. or Povetkin or Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
            I want Whyte to fight Ortiz in summer, then maybe Wilder or Ruiz Jr. Wilder, if he's gonna make a comeback soon, would probably take a low-risk fight to dust off the ring rust. Later in the year, Wilder against Whyte or Ruiz Jr. or Povetkin or Parker.
            Ortiz? He's become practically irrelevant, with him being so old, inactive, unknown and only fighting cab drivers. His claim to fame is being knocked out twice by Wilder. He's literally the worst option for Whyte in terms of risk vs reward. If he wins Ortiz it's old so it doesn't count, and if he loses he's shot. At least fighting Bryan, he gets a "title" he can use to market himself in the US, then set up the Wilder after he finishes his course of antidepressants and has a tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by sayf View Post

Ortiz? He's become practically irrelevant, with him being so old, inactive, unknown and only fighting cab drivers. His claim to fame is being knocked out twice by Wilder. He's literally the worst option for Whyte in terms of risk vs reward. If he wins Ortiz it's old so it doesn't count, and if he loses he's shot. At least fighting Bryan, he gets a "title" he can use to market himself in the US, then set up the Wilder after he finishes his course of antidepressants and has a tune up.
              If Ortiz is so old and shot then it should be an easy fight for Shyte, which is what he claims he wants next.

Comment

Franklin is terrible, looks like they are targeting an American boxer for Whyte to fight in America. Seriously don’t see anyone that fits the Bill. Maybe Bryan with the regular belt? They need an American that can talk trash like Whyte would.

Comment

Spot on. Ortiz resume is awful. Nightmare style to box, even at his age why would Whyte take the risk. Wouldnt even be a decent payday i would imagine. A good u.s match up would have been Miller... that would of sold well as they both talk alot... i agree Bryan is ideal at this stage, but personally I think Wilder is going to be a naseem hamed situation, never really officially retiring but just didnt get over the beat down, doubt we see him in the ring again. Theres no easy opponents to the title, even though if he gets his sh## together i believe he has the ability to sleep whyte and ruiz even for that matter but i doubt the psychological effects of being fury'd will let him get back in.

Comment

Dillian Whyte special. Call out a Deontay Wilder or a Luis Ortiz, fight a Jermaine Franklin instead.

Pretty much sums up his career.
                    !-1 likes this.

Comment

His claim to fame is giving wilder hell in the first fight and nearly getting him out if there before being put down multiple times and still coming back to put heat on wilder and then going on to dominate wilder in the second fight before getting caught with one punch from hell

If it was whyte in those fights with wilder Eddie hearn would do nothing but bum up his performance and the people would and rightly so having nothing but respect for him

ortiz deserves a big ppv fight with his skill and the performances he's put on. whyte in the UK on ppv ,they'd get my money and it would be amazing to watch whyte getting lit up at will
                      !-1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X