Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Favors Fury Over Joshua: Fury Too Elusive, Joshua Won't Hit Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

​​I agree, Fury is too slick for Joshua, but has to be careful of getting caught by big punches I question why sign for two fights? What if it's an easy victory for the one fighter, there would be no demand for a rematch.

Comment

Getting a sense of deja vu, like Iron Mike said these exact same words before and they're being recycled as a new story.

It's fair comment to say Fury is elusive. It's BS to claim Joshua doesn't punch any faster than Wilder. Joshua lays on combos in a way that Wilder has never done. And let's face it -- Wilder's big right was telegraphed all night in the first fight against Fury and it still landed in a major way twice. Given that, it's hard to see why Mike is saying Joshua won't be able to hit him.
      Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

By the way, Fury will end Joshua’s career with two one sided beatings. Fury is the best heavyweight in the world and there isn’t anything anyone can do about it unless Fury’s mental health defeats himself

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Reminds me of Max Kellerman saying McGregor wouldn't hit Floyd.
          ————-
          Those are two different scenarios. That was the first ever time we’ve seen Floyd fight the way he did. He literally walked Connor down, high guards and beat Connor to submission.
          There was no slick Philly-shell shoulder nor speedy footwork. It was a complete change of style for Floyd who is a defensive wizard.
          So, Max Kellerman was going off Floyd’s usual style and every single analyst was more surprised at Floyd’s style than they were with Connor hitting Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            By the way, Fury will end Joshua’s career with two one sided beatings. Fury is the best heavyweight in the world and there isn’t anything anyone can do about it unless Fury’s mental health defeats himself
            Whom the gods would destroy, they first drive mad. Fury acts nutty as a pecan pie sometimes, I hope it's not too self destructive.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

This fight is not going to be as easy for Fury as a lot of people think. That's all I'm going to say right now.
              Szef Szef likes this.

Comment

The slick Gypsy is gonna easily outbox Hearn's stiff Automaton. Given Joshua's weak chin, there might even be a knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  On the one hand, we have your brave pronouncement.

On the other, the entire history of boxing...

[To clarify, I'm talking about every best HW in the world who looked unbeatable... Until they lost. And from where I sit, Fury doesn't even look unbeatable. His fight history shows someone who from time to time has looked not all that hard to hit.]
                  Last edited by Monty Fisto; 04-04-2021, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Yeah I gotta agree with Tyson. I'm sure Joshua will have some successes but they will be few and far apart and not enough to justify taking the score in the rounds or finishing Fury should he hurt him. Like Tyson says, Fury is too elusive. He can get out of range or tie his opponent up really well and has a good long jab to keep a distance of his comfort. And in the mean time he is pot shorting and doing just enough to take the rounds.
                    ​​​​​​
                    I'm a huge Joshua fan so really hope I have underestimated him and he proves me wrong and I would never fully rule him out but if my money was to go down on this I would have to place it on Fury.

Comment

Fury’s been hit and dropped by far lesser guys than AJ, the **** isn’t Neo ffs.

Comment

Working...
                      X