Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka: I'm So Confident I Can Knock Out Joe Joyce; No Way He's Gonna Beat Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka: I'm So Confident I Can Knock Out Joe Joyce; No Way He's Gonna Beat Me

Joe Joyce's impressive stoppage of Daniel Dubois moved him into position to fight Oleksandr Usyk for a vacant version of the WBO heavyweight title. Facing Usyk would afford Joyce a chance to avenge a decision defeat to the unbeaten Ukrainian southpaw in the World Series of Boxing. Another rival hopes Joyce will want an opportunity to atone for what happened in their important amateur fight 4 1/2 years ago
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not going to happen. Joyce is the not the same fighter that he was during the Olympics. He has improved tenfold. Yoka is not ready for him.
    !-1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
      Not going to happen. Joyce is the not the same fighter that he was during the Olympics. He has improved tenfold. Yoka is not ready for him.
      Joyce arguably beat him in the Olympics too.

Its an awesome fight and one that I think is an inevitability in the next few years.

Comment

My personal top 5 prospects are joyce, yoka, ajagba, hrgovic and even at a slightly lower place (for size/power) hunter.
        Croshell likes this.

Comment

Would love to see them run it back.
          More so a fan of Yoka than I am Joyce but that was a horrible robbery in the olympics, no way did Yoka win that.
          Croshell likes this.

Comment

I hope Joyce gets a title shot, and soon, hes a serious threat but hasnt got much time to waste.

Comment

I don’t particularly like Yoka but I think he’s got a pretty good shot at defeating Joyce on points. If he starts thinking about knocking Joyce out I think his chances of winning go down substantially

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
                My personal top 5 prospects are joyce, yoka, ajagba, hrgovic and even at a slightly lower place (for size/power) hunter.
                Hard to call some of those guys prospects though. For sure Joyce and Hunter are contenderd, not prospects. Yoka and Hrgovic are post prospect but not really contenders. Ajagba maybe because he is so raw still. To me the best actual prospect is Jalolov easily. Size, speed, feet, power and can box. I think he contends with all on the list right now and beats them within 2 years.

Comment

I don’t like how slow Joyce is but he appears to be more effective than he appeared early on in his career. I don’t see Yoka winning this one
                  !-1 likes this.

Comment

Joyce reminds me of a better Tex Cobb. He can be hit pretty easily. Can take it well. More power and better jab than Cobb. Yoka needs to take off the training wheels and get tested before he talks big. And he’s also got that missing drug tests thing on his resume
                    Last edited by VislorTurlough; 04-04-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X