Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade: Triple-G Is Waiting For Third Canelo Fight; Have To Pay Him More To Fight Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post
    Triple fraud has been ducking this man for years
    When did Andrade and Charlo sign to fight each other? Your bias is glaring.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post

Wrong mentality for "fans" of boxing, correct mentality for boxing "man fans."

Fans of the boxing should care less about wanting to see a guy cash out, and should be more interested in guys with belts, fighting other guys with belts, or legitimate competition to say the least.

Hanging around to "cash out," is what can get the guy seriously hurt, so if Golovkin is not up for competitive fights, he should vacate his title, and even better his man fans should want him to retire, to protect whatever "brain cells" he has left.

As long as he holds a belt, boxing fans should demand competitive fights. I see nothing wrong with that.
      You’re welcome to try gatekeep boxing fandom, but not welcome for it to matter to anyone else. I’ll leave that bit with you

Ready to retire athletes cash out in a variety of sports. It’s not something unique to boxing

In this case, you’ve made an assumption that cashing out automatically nullifies competitive fights. I don’t share that assumption. Canelo/Golovkin is likely to be another highly competitive fight. Same for Golovkin vs any other beltholder at 160. It isn’t a mutually exclusive position. But it certainly means Canelo or even Charlo are far greater aspirations for Golovkin than Andrade

Where you do have a point, is Golovkin having a belt. That is more a product of a broken system more than anything else. Boxing is far less a sport nowadays, though I won’t blame anyone for wanting to frame it as such. In this case, Golovkin should be held to the exact same standards as any other beltholder in the sport, which currently allows for him to pick any rated competition he wants if he has no mandatory obligations

Comment

Andrade should learn from BBB side that it’s never good to let another fighter dictate your career.
        BBB side pined for years for that one Canelo payday. Had two shots and couldn’t get the job done. Signed with DAZN because they promised him a third payday. Half his money was in DAZN options. Once Canelo broke free reports were they lowered BBB sides per fight guarantee. Canelo has no interim fighting him again. Doesn’t need him.
        Andrade needs to get out and earn that big money instead of waiting around and not taking any chances wasting his prime years.

Comment

Andrade may never face a decent fighter but you have to give him credit for taking like he wants too! I like the fact he’s not your normal trash talker because he does have skills and actually is avoided by many good fighters and is it because he’s boring as hell or would be difficult to fight. Champions the fans want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post

You’re welcome to try gatekeep boxing fandom, but not welcome for it to matter to anyone else. I’ll leave that bit with you

Ready to retire athletes cash out in a variety of sports. It’s not something unique to boxing

In this case, you’ve made an assumption that cashing out automatically nullifies competitive fights. I don’t share that assumption. Canelo/Golovkin is likely to be another highly competitive fight. Same for Golovkin vs any other beltholder at 160. It isn’t a mutually exclusive position. But it certainly means Canelo or even Charlo are far greater aspirations for Golovkin than Andrade

Where you do have a point, is Golovkin having a belt. That is more a product of a broken system more than anything else. Boxing is far less a sport nowadays, though I won’t blame anyone for wanting to frame it as such. In this case, Golovkin should be held to the exact same standards as any other beltholder in the sport, which currently allows for him to pick any rated competition he wants if he has no mandatory obligations
            The problem I have with your assessment, is that the Canelo fight is nowhere near on the horizon. He's fighting Saunders in May, Plant sometime after that, and who knows what after that.

What we do know, is that Canelo has stated he has no interest in fighting ggg a third time. So to be blunt, he's waiting for a cash out fight that's not going to happen.

While doing so, he's agreeing to fight bums, and call himself a champion at the same time. I have a problem with that,, and anybody who's a boxing fan,, and not just a ggg fan should too.

Comment

I think Andrade has an underrated resume, Sulecki, a prime Martirosyan and Culcay are solid wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Brown View Post
                I think Andrade has an underrated resume, Sulecki, a prime Martirosyan and Culcay are solid wins.
                Only you and Demetrius feel that way.

Comment

GGG was already offered the third fight last year but his team turned it down. He's choosing to stay on track fighting second and third tier guys: "they called me about it, and I said no," Golovkin's head trainer Johnathon Banks told IFL TV. "The plan was for him to get this fight [versus Poland's Kamil Szeremeta, Golovkin's mandatory challenger], and get another fight, and then fight Canenlo."

As for Andrade, he's not really owed anything when he's turned down step up fights, but at the same time, I can't understand why GGG or Charlo aren't looking to make that fight happen. People refer to Andrade as a high risk/low reward fighter when he's arguably one of the more high reward/low risk opponents around considering you have the opportunity to notch up a good win on paper against one of the least proven fighters around-- and even if GGG were to lose he could chalk it up to a bad style matchup at his age. But the thing with GGG is that fighting scrubs has always been his comfort zone and preferred lane.

Comment

i'm getting sick of hateful morons disrespecting a great boxer.
                    GGG beat Canelo in the first and was robbed. Then Canelo took Clenbuterol, only got 6 months suspension (which is not even a suspension when most boxers fight twice a year). GGG lost the rematch.

in most people's eyes, it's even. Canelo being mexican, is the money man and so the commissions help him out.

Still, why disrespect the man? this is what pisses me off about boxing. the most toxic hateful people watch it.
                    NachoMan NachoMan likes this.

Comment

I wish they were already scheduled to fight. There's still a lot of people who feel GGG can beat Andrade. This is the fight Andrade needs more than anybody else right now. I believe not just based on who GGG is but stylistically how I picture this fight in my mind, this would be the fight that takes Andrade to another level.

Comment

Working...
                      X