Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu Drops, Stops Dennis Hogan Inside Of Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tszyu is not ready for Jermell Charlo. It’s a good win for Tszyu, but year of the COVID and the money Hogan earned for camp, I don’t think he was prepped properly, plus he get wrecked by Charlo previously and too many hits by Munguía regardless of who we thought won. Plus Munguía hits harder at 160.

i do agree with some others, Danny Garcia vs Tszyu would be a nice bridge. Tszyu’s
    dad beat Judah and Garcia did too...

Comment

Originally posted by GodfatherIV View Post
      How is the IBF mandatory due?? It shouldn't be getting in the way. Let undisputed happen and put Tzuyu on the card against Murtazaliev who's ranked number 1 or have Tzuyu who's ranked 3 fight Hurd who's ranked at 4 in an eliminator for the right to become the mandatory. This way the winner especially of Tzuyu vs Hurd is mandatory in both WBO and IBF and gets the title shot next. Builds toward a big fight too
      Tzuyu vs Hurd!!!! Very nice fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Premier15 View Post
        Tatabanya Munguia is developing well he just TKO'ed Tureano Johnson who not too many people stop so let's quit with the overrated bull****
        I'm not telling Munguia is bad. Just overrated a tiny bit. They were depicting him as a monster at the beginning but he's just a good fighter, and a little raw too.

Tureano Johnson had to be stopped because of that horrible cut on his lip, I would have loved to see the fight continue until the end. That's not a win you can really call "significant". I want to see Munguia against someone at the top level, then I'll update my opinion if he wins convincingly. For the moment I feel that he doesn't belong there yet.
        PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Definitely Tim Tszyu is turning out better than my original expectations for him.
          CostYa2 CostYa2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

I'm not telling Munguia is bad. Just overrated a tiny bit. They were depicting him as a monster at the beginning but he's just a good fighter, and a little raw too.

Tureano Johnson had to be stopped because of that horrible cut on his lip, I would have loved to see the fight continue until the end. That's not a win you can really call "significant". I want to see Munguia against someone at the top level, then I'll update my opinion if he wins convincingly. For the moment I feel that he doesn't belong there yet.
            Agreed. Munguia got fanfare for volunteering to fight GGG and then blowing out Saddam Ali (who was undersized and benefited from outpointing a shopworn Cotton). He was still pretty raw and young when the spotlight shined on him. In subsequent matchups against Inoue and Hogan he showed his limitations and thus "exposed" a bit.

Honestly, Taureano was doing very well for himself when that uppercut landed and split his lip. I won't say it was a fluke because a punch from Munguia landed and caused the damage (same as Wallin busting up Fury). Munguia has the Johnson win but it doesn't really dispell any of the questions about him.
            Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Why not put him in against ODLH at 154?

Comment

Impressive from Tim! He will try to steal Castano away from Jermell Charlo for sure. If not Castano then maybe he can get Liam Smith or Hurd looking at the current WBO Rankings
                Last edited by sicko; 03-31-2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Damn, Tszyu is really rolling isn't he? Appears to be the real deal. Would love to see him fight Castano. If they can't do it next, let him rip through Zerafa in the meantime

Comment

Was already on the Tszyu wagon but these performances keep confirming what I think of Tim, the kid can fight, he is very compossed, he is very fundamentally sound, he is gonna be a problem for the 154 top guys, and his body work is top quality.

If the kid keeps improving, I can see him beating Jermell in not a very distant future.

Comment

The kid isn’t his father, the elites will crush him.

Comment

Working...
                      X