Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Stops Alexander Povetkin in Fourth To Get Revenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post

Joe Frazier was good, nothing more? Stick to soccer. Your boxing acumen is little to zero! As for Ali's resume: Liston, Norton, Frazier, Foreman, Quarry, Ellis, Mathis, Patterson, Bugner, Lyle, Young, Shavers! Nothing insecure about that resume!
    Ali lost all 3 to Norton. The closest fight was number 2, which i had Norton winning by 1 point. 1 and 3 were clear wins for Norton. Norton only received 1 win for his troubles. Even Ali admitted Norton won. So are you contradicting what Ali and everyone was saying back then?

Ali lost to Shavers by 2 points on my card. Another robbery. Not that Shavers was all that. The only win of merit was the Ali fight. And he didn't even get the decision. Why, who esle did he beat? A shot Norton? Wow, steady on there.

I don't accept the Foreman win on account of the ropes being loosened so Ali could lean outside of the ring and not get caught by head shots. The plan was for Ali to box Foreman until he started to feel the pace, then go and lean on the ropes. But Ali went there before he and Dundee had planned which pissed Dundee off. Are you telling me those ropes weren't extra loose? Are you saying that environment wasn't against Foreman at all costs? Only a liar would dispute the ropes. When you alter professional equipment to gain advantage, that's called cheating. No two ways about it.

Patterson was done, and didn't beat a single good world class fighter in his life. Get out of here with this nonsense. This list is desperate like i knew it would.

Bugner????? Hahahahahahahahaha. Who did he beat?

Lyle???? Hahahaha. Who did he beat?

Young beat Ali. It was another robbery.

How old was Liston? Do you know the age that is most accepted based on investigation? Give it a try?

Who did Quarry beat??? Shavers? Is that it?

Mathis???? Hahahahahahahaha. Who did he beat then?

This resume is brilliant. Horrible when the biggest lie in sport history is laid out. Just like so many of your fighters when you educate yourselves and don't go for the brainwashing and propaganda. You can tell me how good that bum Marciano is too if you want? Tell me about his ATG resume like you claim?

Was the Frazier win a good one after Foreman had destroyed him? Frazier didn't beat anyone worth a damn after that. You sure Frazier wasn't shot like Americans claim their guys are when they're beaten by overseas fighters? Bugner gave him a tough, close fight and closed his eye. Bugner wasn't close to world class. But that's why you've put his name down. Thanks for that. It was one of the highlights i was waiting for.

Ellis??? You mean the Middle weight Ellis?? Yeah, come on, tell me who the Middle weight beat?

This is the resume of greatness is it? I can assure you it isn't. But at least you've started to engage. Keep it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Now your being foolish. You come across as passionate about supporting fighters like Whyte who deserve it, and other home grown talent... But when you say things like that you lose all credability. The proof of this is, if you are so inclined, is to watch tape, and write a list of all the things a great fighter does. Then compare it to the things most fighters do.
      What did Ali do that was great in the ring? His defence was shockingly bad. His control of distance was shockingly bad. He couldn't fight on the front foot.

When it came to shot fighters or bums, Ali could look good. Well, most of the time. Cooper and Jones was a tough couple of fights. But when it came to those more challenging, Ali was getting beatings that a supposed fighter with abnormal gifts shouldn't be getting. Do you think it's because it's all a myth with Ali? His skills, who he beat, etc etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryX.... View Post

Frazier and Foreman to start-both prime and both atg's..if thats trash then Joshua resume is the juice at the bottom of the trash can
        Frazier wasn't an ATG. He beat Ali in the first fight and... Who else? Don't you consider Frazier shot in the second fight after he was destroyed by Foreman? Frazier never beat anyone worth a damn after that. Had a close, gruelling fight with a non world class fighter in Bugner and had his eye closed. If Frazier had been beaten by Bugner and retired, do you think you'd say it was a great win, or that Frazier was shot? What would most on here say? I think you know what they'd say. So do i. But i'm still interested in what you think as it is a debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

"A victory thread for a Brit"?? Haha, Is that what you call it with the things Americans are writing? Oh, right.

Spell it out who they beat? Why is everyone scared to do so? I know why. So do you and the others. But keep deflecting if you want. You know where to find me if you want to debate.
          Sid, your shyt is so pathetic that nobody really wants to engage with you, I'm just pointing it out.
          But go ahead, wallow in your foolishness, every court does need it's jester.

Maybe next time you should make a bold statement that makes half a lick of sense, then you might get the attention you so doggedly grasp for.

Comment

What did Ali do that was great in the ring? His defence was shockingly bad. His control of distance was shockingly bad. He couldn't fight on the front foot.

When it came to shot fighters or bums, Ali could look good. Well, most of the time. Cooper and Jones was a tough couple of fights. But when it came to those more challenging, Ali was getting beatings that a supposed fighter with abnormal gifts shouldn't be getting. Do you think it's because it's all a myth with Ali? His skills, who he beat, etc etc?
            Ali did fantastic things in the ring. His chin was amazing, his speed was amazing. He lost his best years and still beat some of the best competition. Actually, if you look at that era, they were all fantastic fighters. Watch things like foot speed, how guys fought at all ranges, the punching combos used, and the ability to fight hard virtually every round. Ali's defence, like a lot of guys in the day, involved the ability to roll with punches. That means using the head and shoulders, independent of the feet. Archie Moore is a master of this movement...if you really want to look and see an example. Mayweather's shoulder roll comes from this type movement. James Toney is another real master of using these techniques.

heres the thing about moving the upper body, finding the angle to set the shoulder (protecting the jaw) and timing the attack to move the head properly: It takes incredible skill. It is like a Pianist using each hand independently to play different notes on the piano. A fighter is moving his feet, readying his punches, all while positioning his shoulder, while moving the head. Thats one example... There are plenty.

Comment

Frazier wasn't an ATG. He beat Ali in the first fight and... Who else? Don't you consider Frazier shot in the second fight after he was destroyed by Foreman? Frazier never beat anyone worth a damn after that. Had a close, gruelling fight with a non world class fighter in Bugner and had his eye closed. If Frazier had been beaten by Bugner and retired, do you think you'd say it was a great win, or that Frazier was shot? What would most on here say? I think you know what they'd say. So do i. But i'm still interested in what you think as it is a debate.
              Jimmy Ellis. Great fighter. Watch some of Ellis' fights. Also the general level of competition in the division at the time, like Bonevera, Quarry and Chulavo, all of whom Frazier beat, was exceptional. "A rising tide lifts all boats." Its not who anybody beat, so much as how good fighters were given the state of the division.

Comment

Ali did fantastic things in the ring. His chin was amazing, his speed was amazing. He lost his best years and still beat some of the best competition. Actually, if you look at that era, they were all fantastic fighters. Watch things like foot speed, how guys fought at all ranges, the punching combos used, and the ability to fight hard virtually every round. Ali's defence, like a lot of guys in the day, involved the ability to roll with punches. That means using the head and shoulders, independent of the feet. Archie Moore is a master of this movement...if you really want to look and see an example. Mayweather's shoulder roll comes from this type movement. James Toney is another real master of using these techniques.

heres the thing about moving the upper body, finding the angle to set the shoulder (protecting the jaw) and timing the attack to move the head properly: It takes incredible skill. It is like a Pianist using each hand independently to play different notes on the piano. A fighter is moving his feet, readying his punches, all while positioning his shoulder, while moving the head. Thats one example... There are plenty.
                Ali didn't roll with the punches though. He got hit clean with most shots. His opponents weren't even skilled. They were mostly bar room brawlers. I'll give you chin and heart, but that still doesn't make him the fighter he's cast down as. Nowhere near. His problems in later life where due to getting hit far too much. Same goes for Toney who slur's his words and mumbles. He's another one who lost a lot of fights against even journeymen and had a load of robberies. In fact, he has more than Ali himself.

Gatti had a lot of exciting wars where he showed heart and passion. Doesn't make him a great though. Ali's resume is actually really bad when you know what you're looking at. Louis' is even worse. But at least he didn't lose a lot of fights and get robberies. Ali did. Louis was more skilled too and got hit nowhere near to what Ali did.

Comment

• Originally posted by club fighter View Post

Sid, your shyt is so pathetic that nobody really wants to engage with you, I'm just pointing it out.
                  But go ahead, wallow in your foolishness, every court does need it's jester.

Maybe next time you should make a bold statement that makes half a lick of sense, then you might get the attention you so doggedly grasp for.
                  You mean they don't like the truth put to them so deflect all the time? Yeah, i know. Don't worry. Try if you want to dispute things. Or, just bore me with meaningless drivel. It's up to you.

Comment

Jimmy Ellis. Great fighter. Watch some of Ellis' fights. Also the general level of competition in the division at the time, like Bonevera, Quarry and Chulavo, all of whom Frazier beat, was exceptional. "A rising tide lifts all boats." Its not who anybody beat, so much as how good fighters were given the state of the division.
                    Jimmy Ellis didn't come close to being a great fighter in this life or any other. Come on now. Bonavena and Chuvalo were nothing but bums with the skill level of a cave man. It goes to show how grotesquely that era is overrated when names like those two keep coming up. They make the likes of Chisora look futuristic even well past his best.

How can a Middle weight ever be seen as anybody at the time at Heavy without proving anything? It's pure delusion. You and i both know it. Don't let propaganda make a fool out of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post

Joe Frazier was good, nothing more? Stick to soccer. Your boxing acumen is little to zero! As for Ali's resume: Liston, Norton, Frazier, Foreman, Quarry, Ellis, Mathis, Patterson, Bugner, Lyle, Young, Shavers! Nothing insecure about that resume!
                      Haver you finished this debate because the truth is something you can't deny? You gave up that quickly just as we were getting to the meat and potato's of the subject?

Don't tell me, i'm too stupid so you want to run away? That's the one. It wouldn't be because you can't defend the greatest lie in all of sports or anything. The truth is staring you in the face. Funny how all these fighters who are not great, are pretty much North American. Strange that isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X