Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade: Saunders Looked Like Sh-t Against Martin Murray; Canelo's Gonna Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andrade: Saunders Looked Like Sh-t Against Martin Murray; Canelo's Gonna Beat Him

Demetrius Andrade doesn't have nearly as much confidence in Billy Joe Saunders defeating Canelo Alvarez as he possesses in his own ability to dethrone the Mexican icon. Andrade doesn't even expect Saunders to truly test Alvarez when they meet May 8 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Saunders would lose to Callum Smith. Probably lose to Eubank in a rematch.

Comment

Andrade be like, “BJS looked like garbage and I felt it wasn’t time to move up to 168 and enforce my mando again...”

Comment

Andrade is all over the place. Making bold statements, then justifying and giving exceptions.

He is in no position of authority for his opinion to count much, as he's been a one - belt wonder taking mandatory's at the minimum frequency. He's fought nobody of note, and unless he gets an offer to win the Canelo lottery, and/or will probably continue to waste his talent with mediocre opponents until he gets old and tries to cash out.

He's had ample opportunities to challenge himself - even if he sought out GGG, who we all know is nearing the end of his career, that would be a surprise.

I blame this on three things: 1. the obscene number of belts; 2. the malingerer culture that Haymon introduced with PBC; 3. It is becoming normal for fighters to take the softest route to a title, then make outrageous demands on the top fighters, then blame everyone else for when those fights don't eventuate.

Ah...the long-suffering fan, who will no doubt continue to dwell within a black mirror-esque type dystopian world highlighted by the inaugural bridger weight championship, and the announcement of a fighter ordered to 'defend' his interim title...Oh...

You realise a sport or discipline is beyond redemption when it can no longer be parodied or satirised.

Comment

Andrade outpoints everybody at 160/68 but also puts to sleep everybody watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
            Andrade outpoints everybody at 160/68 but also puts to sleep everybody watching it.
            This is a more likely scenario. There is a reason no one is that keen on fighting him. Even the ones who doesn’t really have much going on like Jermall Charlo for 7m.

Comment

Billy looked good last time. Yeah, Murray is finished, but Billy looked sharper than i thought he would considering how long he's been out. Put it this way, he looked better than Andrade ever has so it's just more idiocy with his comments. One thing i agree on with Andrade is that he is like James Brown... Dead. Just like his career. Well, if you can call it a career.

Comment

I agree with some of the things he is saying -- that a lot of Saunders' rep is based on how good he looked against Lemieux, who really is a bit of a lump and that Saunders will lose. I think he underrates Canelo and I think he's wrong in saying he won't knock him out. I think Canelo wins and he does it by stoppage.

Comment

Andrade is not exactly a credible source given his level of chosen opposition.

However, he is correct in as much that Saunders has not fought at the appropriate level to really threaten Canelo.

While I admire Saunders skills, his career over the past 3 years has been a complete waste of talent.

Canelo will stop him in the second half of the fight.

He will cash out with Canelo and retire.

Comment

Don’t know how long it’s going to take people to realize that looking like shet is the pre requisite for landing a canelo fight. He’s not picking guys coming off dominating or even impressive performances. You must look like ass to be on his radar.

Comment

Working...
                    X