Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor McGregor's Obsession With Boxing Failed Him In Loss To Poirier, Says John Kavanagh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was he also focused on boxing when he faced Khabib? Seriously.. lame excuse. That's like Claressa Shields losing her last fight and saying that she's been focused on MMA

Comment

If he’s obsessed with boxing why is he fighting in MMA???

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
        He was legit at one time, especially competing at 145 because he was big and strong for the weight class. But the fame got to his head and the game passed him by while he was wasting some of his prime years selling whiskey and having novelty boxing matches. Conor went backwards since the first Dustin fight while Dustin has stayed active, competed against elite talent and become a legit p4p level fighter.

You're saying they fixed his fights? the Cowboy fight is in the realm of possibility given that Cowboy was an old journeyman and Conor needed to rebuild himself with an eye catching win after the Khabib loss. But his other fights all looked extremely legit. Jose Aldo isnt letting go of a 10 year undefeated streak to throw a fight and give away his belt in under 20 seconds. Not to mention Conor getting tapped out at the height of his fame by journeyman Nate and needing a gift decision in the rematch.
        The Mendes fight was fixed 100%. Jose Aldo was knocked down by Conor; however, it was referee John McCarthy who knocked out Aldo when he flew across his body ostensibly to protect Aldo from further punishment. As for Aldo throwing the fight, I believe that the fight was fixed whether or not Jose Aldo was aware of that fact.

Comment

His Coke obsession hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post

The Mendes fight was fixed 100%. Jose Aldo was knocked down by Conor; however, it was referee John McCarthy who knocked out Aldo when he flew across his body ostensibly to protect Aldo from further punishment. As for Aldo throwing the fight, I believe that the fight was fixed whether or not Jose Aldo was aware of that fact.

I think (and hope) you're joking.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

I think (and hope) you're joking.
              No, I am not joking. Having followed Dana White and the UFC for decades, I'm 100% serious. Of course that's my opinion, and others may disagree; however, interesting things such as Jose Aldo beginning the McGregor fight by remaining stationary while projecting his chin forward to the extreme go a long, long way in convincing me that some (not all nor the majority) of UFC fights are not legit. Also, the Chad Mendes fight with Conor McGregor, while flat on his back, ordering the ref, "Stand it up!" was truly bizarre (in a legit fight), but fully expected in a fixed fight. Furthermore, if you check YouTube for early videos (not just his fights) of Conor McGregor, you'll find that he was physically unimpressive -- even a weakling. That is until he was somehow able to achieve amazing muscle mass in short order. What does that tell me? PEDS. Was he alone in PED use? No, however, the sudden growth gave McGregor a physique that reinvented him as a force to be reckoned. When adding extreme bravo to the extreme physique, Dana White had a new driving force for the UFC, and all he needed was to ensure that Conor won his fights, and the money would roll in. There it is in a nutshell. Awkward Conor McGregor pitched as a extraordinary athlete, weakling Conor McGregor's chemical transformation, loudmouth Conor McGregor protected from the truly great UFC fighters wringing his neck at UFC media events (Conor mouths off to all in attendance, and not one fighter - regardless of the size and fighting capabilities even dares to challenge him), Conor McGregor's previously successful opponents suddenly fighting as if they hadn't a clue (or were incapable of fighting to win that match), and yes, I believe that McGregor's fights were all part of a fix. And let's not forget McGregor's miserable performance (including his pre-fight demeanor) when facing an opponent who would not be bought off, Khabib Nurmagomedov. Why would the bold and brassy Conor McGregor suddenly turn yellow upon entering the cage? His body language made it clear that this was not the typical bout. That he wasn't fighting a compromised opponent. That he'd have to fight without the fix, and that he knew that he wasn't close to being capable of surviving against Khabib. Were Khabib's other opponents so visibly cowered upon entering the cage to fight him? Why then Conor? My belief is that Conor's UFC career was fraudulent, and this fact combined with Khabib's fighting prowess and individual honor meant that McGregor knew he was in for the beating of a lifetime. What I've written may not convince you that McGregor's career was the product not only of favorable matchmaking but also outright match fixing; however, it has long assured me that this was and is the case. Naturally, you are as entitled to your opinion as I am mine. And as for McGregor's boxing ability, look no further than his "fight" against Mayweather. Once Floyd decided to take McGregor out, Conor was helpless.
              Last edited by Rapscallion; 03-24-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post

No, I am not joking. Having followed Dana White and the UFC for decades, I'm 100% serious. Of course that's my opinion, and others may disagree; however, interesting things such as Jose Aldo beginning the McGregor fight by remaining stationary while projecting his chin forward to the extreme go a long, long way in convincing me that some (not all nor the majority) of UFC fights are not legit. Also, the Chad Mendes fight with Conor McGregor, while flat on his back, ordering the ref, "Stand it up!" was truly bizarre (in a legit fight), but fully expected in a fixed fight. Furthermore, if you check YouTube for early videos (not just his fights) of Conor McGregor, you'll find that he was physically unimpressive -- even a weakling. That is until he was somehow able to achieve amazing muscle mass in short order. What does that tell me? PEDS. Was he alone in PED use? No, however, the sudden growth gave McGregor a physique that reinvented him as a force to be reckoned. When adding extreme bravo to the extreme physique, Dana White had a new driving force for the UFC, and all he needed was to ensure that Conor won his fights, and the money would roll in. There it is in a nutshell. Awkward Conor McGregor pitched as a extraordinary athlete, weakling Conor McGregor's chemical transformation, loudmouth Conor McGregor protected from the truly great UFC fighters wringing his neck at UFC media events (Conor mouths off to all in attendance, and not one fighter - regardless of the size and fighting capabilities even dares to challenge him), Conor McGregor's previously successful opponents suddenly fighting as if they hadn't a clue (or were incapable of fighting to win that match), and yes, I believe that McGregor's fights were all part of a fix. And let's not forget McGregor's miserable performance (including his pre-fight demeanor) when facing an opponent who would not be bought off, Khabib Nurmagomedov. Why would the bold and brassy Conor McGregor suddenly turn yellow upon entering the cage? His body language made it clear that this was not the typical bout. That he wasn't fighting a compromised opponent. That he'd have to fight without the fix, and that he knew that he wasn't close to being capable of surviving against Khabib. Were Khabib's other opponents so visibly cowered upon entering the cage to fight him? Why then Conor? My belief is that Conor's UFC career was fraudulent, and this fact combined with Khabib's fighting prowess and individual honor meant that McGregor knew he was in for the beating of a lifetime. What I've written may not convince you that McGregor's career was the product not only of favorable matchmaking but also outright match fixing; however, it has long assured me that this was and is the case. Naturally, you are as entitled to your opinion as I am mine. And as for McGregor's boxing ability, look no further than his "fight" against Mayweather. Once Floyd decided to take McGregor out, Conor was helpless.

Again, hoping this is brilliant trolling, because the alternative is actual mental illness.

Comment

Shows boxing alone can't cut it in mma

Comment

Sounds stupid.

Truth of the matter is he's tasted the money & success. He doesn't have the hunger in him anymore. Except if it's trying to shill for another 9-figure payday.

Comment

Wasting his time if he’s obsessed with Boxing considering he’s useless at it.

Comment

Working...
                      X