Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor McGregor's Obsession With Boxing Failed Him In Loss To Poirier, Says John Kavanagh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Conor McGregor's Obsession With Boxing Failed Him In Loss To Poirier, Says John Kavanagh

Conor McGregor's anticipated boxing match with Manny Pacquiao has seemingly sailed away following the Irishman's loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 257 in January. If you ask the southpaw striker's coach John Kavanagh, the 32-year-old McGregor (22-5 MMA; 20 stoppages; 0-1 boxing) was perhaps overpreparing for Pacquiao when he should have instead been focused on Poirier.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Definitely makes sense.

Comment

No... What failed him was that thorough ass beating he got from Khabib.

Comment

I can see that. Plus that 100 million from Floyd didn't hurt.

Comment

He is a competitor, I think it shocked him how easily 'Mayweather bulled him about'.

Mayweather giving away nearly 20 pounds was stronger on the inside and up close etc

I want to see Mcgregor vs Malignaggi.

Comment

No dude, it's because that mug sticks with *******s who have no business teaching punching period.

What I saw Conor do was absolutely ugly **** in the ring, and, just like Ronda, he didn't learn he can't actually punch for **** and the reason he can't punch for **** is because he's been taught poorly by poor boxing coaches so his ass got back in fighting and tried to use his ****ty punching again and got smacked like the ***** he is.

John Kavanagh has a BJJ belt, what are this pricks boxing credentials? That's why Conor can't punch. Has **** all to do with over focus on one discipline and everything to do with a coach trying to pretend like they are something they are not while their fighter buys their bull**** hook, line, and sinker.

Tired of these MMA coaches making up bull**** reasoning for their wards looking like ****.

****, tired of these guys whose credentials are **** like " I used ta fight lots in school n got muhself a black belt in da 80s when they handed dem ****s outs like candies". For ****ing 19.95 you can have one too! FFS.

Winklejohn is a ****ing joke.

Tarverdyan is a ****ing joke

Kavanagh is a ****ing joke

I'd put dollars to doughnuts anyone of these mother ****ers would make a good fight with a fella like Charlie Z. Anyone more properly trained is out of their depth though.
            LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

I much prefer boxing to MMA; however, I can appreciate MMA when the matches are not fixed. It is my firm belief that Conor McGregor's UFC career was nothing other than fraud perpetrated from the outset: seeking to and succeeding in building a marketable loudmouth to drive the revenues. And it worked as long as Conor's opponents would buy into the scam - but only then. As for his boxing skills, Conor McGregor has next to none, and if he should choose to box, then he should start at the appropriate level: rank amateur.
              Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Huh,so when he wasn't focused on his boxing,he got submitted by diaz and khabib. When he actually focuses on boxing he gets ko'd? Maybe he's just not that good.
                Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Good points buds

Comment

He was legit at one time, especially competing at 145 because he was big and strong for the weight class. But the fame got to his head and the game passed him by while he was wasting some of his prime years selling whiskey and having novelty boxing matches. Conor went backwards since the first Dustin fight while Dustin has stayed active, competed against elite talent and become a legit p4p level fighter.

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                    I much prefer boxing to MMA; however, I can appreciate MMA when the matches are not fixed. It is my firm belief that Conor McGregor's UFC career was nothing other than fraud perpetrated from the outset: seeking to and succeeding in building a marketable loudmouth to drive the revenues. And it worked as long as Conor's opponents would buy into the scam - but only then.
                    You're saying they fixed his fights? the Cowboy fight is in the realm of possibility given that Cowboy was an old journeyman and Conor needed to rebuild himself with an eye catching win after the Khabib loss. But his other fights all looked extremely legit. Jose Aldo isnt letting go of a 10 year undefeated streak to throw a fight and give away his belt in under 20 seconds. Not to mention Conor getting tapped out at the height of his fame by journeyman Nate and needing a gift decision in the rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X