Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Parts Ways With Longtime Head Trainer Kevin Barry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a good move. He just sorta gets by usually. He looks uninspired pretty much every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post

Interesting take. I do not think it is a Muppet News Flash Parker does not look as sharp as he has in the past. He is not stinking the place up, but he is not positioning himself as must watch TV either. I think you may be onto something.
      There are plenty of fighters who made a lot of money & blew it all getting in trouble or whatever.
      Guys like Tyson, Holyfield, Tarver & Broner all made millions but couldn’t keep it together outside of the ring. When have you heard any negative press about Parker? The guy sounds like a humble & down to earth guy that everyone likes. He is a family man with nothing but respect for the people that helped him make those millions like his promoter & Kevin Barry. Us keyboard warriors can be critical & always find something negative to say about him or his team but at the end of the day his team was very successful & they all made some money together. All good things come to an end & their journey together ended in a positive manner on the back of an important win. To me this split sounds like Parker’s looking to cash a few more checks before calling it a career. I think he will keep fighting until his next loss. I think that loss is close to becoming a reality. Not many former world heavyweight champions walk away from the sport on their own terms with their money, reputation & faculties all intact. Parker is one of the few who could end up doing that.
      Last edited by joe strong; 03-04-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

About time Barry went now Parker needs to kick the useless Higgins to the kerb his career has gone nowhere since Higgins hooked up with Matchroom

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          This has needed to happen for a while now, his gameplan and execution in fights has stagnated and there seems to be no "plan B" or adjustment as the fight unfolds. It could be Barry, could be Parker or could be the chemistry between the two.

There are plenty of proven and established trainers out there but he just needs some fresh ideas and approach. I'm sure alot of people wondered how Ben Davison or Sugar Hill Steward could help with Fury but each brought something to the table when they were called upon.
          Yep. Parker been throwing the same limited repetitive set of punches for the last 8 years, in every fight.

Parker has some great skills, but has huge gaps caused by poor coaching. E.g. he has almost no counter punch game. He throws same 1,2 combo , over hand right constantly.

Barry has wasted some of his best years.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            Parker got a favorable decision against Ruiz . Who has he fought overseas ? No ones going to agree to fight at Spark arena if they hold a title . In fact the cards everywhere have been terrible with home town fighters .

It’s not just the trainer it’s the entire atmosphere and having the right guys around .

If he’s serious about his career he goes to a guy like Stacey McKinley who I think is located in Chicago and live a little crudely but that won’t happen . He basically has to go the way Rocky did in Rocky 3 . I remember the Chisora vs Whyte rematch when Chisora went all the way to,Russia to train with Povetkin in harsh camp,it’s why he was a big problem in that fight ,Parker’s lifestyle won’t do him favors.
            He probably went to Russia to avoid ukad. Same reason dildo whyte goes to Portugal to train now.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
              I remember when Fury was out after his meltdown, Parker, Wilder, and Joshua were the young lions to carry the division.

And now, he's basically sunk far below just about everybody in the top 10.

Guys like Luis Ortiz, Dillian Whyte, Andy Ruiz Jr., and a 42 year old Povetkin are more respected than him now.

He's got to move to America or at least the U.K. if he's serious about his craft.

If he's just satisfied going a little bit further than David Tua and sitting on his money, then cool
              Dillian whyte just got humiliated and exposed as the hype job he is , by a 40 year old journeymen. And he s consistently stunk out the ring in every fight he's had the last few years. And failed multiple drug tests.

He's not respected by anyone.

Come back to reality

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post

Dillian whyte just got humiliated and exposed as the hype job he is , by a 40 year old journeymen. And he s consistently stunk out the ring in every fight he's had the last few years. And failed multiple drug tests.

He's not respected by anyone.

Come back to reality
                You clearly don’t like Whyte.

depends what you mean by stunk out because the first Chisora fight was a barn burner and the Rivas fight was exciting

also you are replying to someone’s post that Parker is less relevant/respected than Whyte. Based on the fact Whyte has a TKO victory against him and is on the verge of a title fight while the other just fought an 11-0 prospect I would have to agree

you called Povetkin a 40 year old journeyman? Clearly don’t know what a journeyman is as Povetkin has two losses, both to the undisputed champion at the time. Question....if Parker fought Povetkin tomorrow, who wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Bain01D View Post

You clearly don’t like Whyte.

depends what you mean by stunk out because the first Chisora fight was a barn burner and the Rivas fight was exciting

also you are replying to someone’s post that Parker is less relevant/respected than Whyte. Based on the fact Whyte has a TKO victory against him and is on the verge of a title fight while the other just fought an 11-0 prospect I would have to agree

you called Povetkin a 40 year old journeyman? Clearly don’t know what a journeyman is as Povetkin has two losses, both to the undisputed champion at the time. Question....if Parker fought Povetkin tomorrow, who wins?
                  Rivas the midget isn't even a heavy weight and is a nobody. And still dropped Whyte like the sack of garbage he is. Whyte had dianabol in his system for the fight, and illegal gloves.

Whyte almost died fighting old man chisora, it was an awful display of 2 unfit limited fighters that couldn't finish each other.

Parker didn't lose by tko, he lost on points, ya Muppet. Thanks to referee who decided head butt ko's are legitimate knock downs. Whyte finished that fight flat on his back again, despite the head butt ko, and was seconds away from losing that fight.

Your dreaming of you think Whyte has ever been clean for any recent fight. There's a good reason he hides away in Portugal where ukad struggle to reach him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbox View Post
                    About time Barry went now Parker needs to kick the useless Higgins to the kerb his career has gone nowhere since Higgins hooked up with Matchroom
                    While I don't disagree with you about Higgins (who I find incredibly annoying), Parker hasn't done alot to help himself either. He had Whyte after AJ and lost that decision. He proceeded to look uneven against some poor competition (Flores, Leapai, Winters) and was supposed to fight Chisora before the pandemic and had his "spider bite" incident. He also labored against Fa. Had he beaten Whyte or fought (and beat) Chisora, he'd be in a much better spot now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post

Rivas the midget isn't even a heavy weight and is a nobody. And still dropped Whyte like the sack of garbage he is. Whyte had dianabol in his system for the fight, and illegal gloves.

Whyte almost died fighting old man chisora, it was an awful display of 2 unfit limited fighters that couldn't finish each other.

Parker didn't lose by tko, he lost on points, ya Muppet. Thanks to referee who decided head butt ko's are legitimate knock downs. Whyte finished that fight flat on his back again, despite the head butt ko, and was seconds away from losing that fight.

Your dreaming of you think Whyte has ever been clean for any recent fight. There's a good reason he hides away in Portugal where ukad struggle to reach him.
                      Haha ok so my memory was slightly off with the decision! Sure he knocked him down though?

you muppet? Haha

say all you want about this opponent was a midget, he’s juiced up etc

your argument is Parker is more relevant than Whyte!! 100% wrong!

sorry I really Parker as a person! Big fan of Samoans and their culture!

but look at rankings, look at upcoming opponents etc

you can’t say Whyte isn’t in a better position to Parker!

Comment

Working...
                      X