Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: Saunders Won't Lay Down Versus Canelo - At Least Not R...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant: Saunders Won't Lay Down Versus Canelo - At Least Not R...

Caleb Plant is confident that he will see Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in a bout for the undisputed super middleweight championship when all is said and done. The unbeaten IBF titlist is also confident that Alvarez should see a much stiffer challenge in his May 8 WBA/WBC/WBO title unification showdown with England's Billy Joe Saunders (30-0, 14KOs) than was the case in his mandatory title defense over the weekend.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Plant ain’t beating Canelo in any universe.

Comment

Canelo’s career has effectively been absent since he was at middleweight. Dayzin USA has facilitated a steady diet of stiffs. But somehow Hearn militants want me to think that boxing in the USA would be better off under Edward’s control......

Comment

I can see a reasonably close fight for about eight rounds, then Canelo finishing stronger. I don't think he necessarily stops Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Canelo’s career has effectively been absent since he was at middleweight. Dayzin USA has facilitated a steady diet of stiffs. But somehow Hearn militants want me to think that boxing in the USA would be better off under Edward’s control......
          Family, did you see the big news?

Gervonta Davis-Mario Barrios in the works for this summer at 140 pounds: Sources

A 140-pound fight between Gervonta Davis, one of the rising stars in boxing, and Mario Barrios is in the works for this summer, sources tell The Athletic’s Mike Coppinger.

Davis — the 130-pound champion, who also holds a secondary title at 135 pounds — will move up two divisions for the bout. The 26-year-old fights exclusively on Showtime; his last fight was his first as a pay-per-view headliner.

'Tank' Davis (24-0, 23 KOs) is coming off a dominant performance against former champion Leo Santa Cruz in October, finishing his opponent with a vicious uppercut that was The Athletic’s KO of the Year in 2020.

Barrios, a 25-year-old from San Antonio, is undefeated through 26 fights (17 KOs). He was last seen on the Davis-Santa Cruz undercard, defeating Ryan Karl by sixth-round TKO. Barrios, at 5-foot-10 with a 71-inch reach, boasts major physical advantages over Davis, who stands at 5-foot-5 ½ with a 67.5-inch reach.

Date and location for the matchup are still being decided at this time.

https://theathletic.com/news/gervont...s/7p9jg22b9KER

Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Junbengreat View Post
            Plant ain’t beating Canelo in any universe.
            Ruiz wasn’t beating AJ in any universe either huh? I love when people just make statements of fact from the ether and never have to revisit those words. Do you make such statements to feel good? Or is it you can make statements all year round because you’ve only got to be right one time to make yourself relevant? I’m trying to understand them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Family, did you see the big news?

Gervonta Davis-Mario Barrios in the works for this summer at 140 pounds: Sources

A 140-pound fight between Gervonta Davis, one of the rising stars in boxing, and Mario Barrios is in the works for this summer, sources tell The Athletic’s Mike Coppinger.

Davis — the 130-pound champion, who also holds a secondary title at 135 pounds — will move up two divisions for the bout. The 26-year-old fights exclusively on Showtime; his last fight was his first as a pay-per-view headliner.

'Tank' Davis (24-0, 23 KOs) is coming off a dominant performance against former champion Leo Santa Cruz in October, finishing his opponent with a vicious uppercut that was The Athletic’s KO of the Year in 2020.

Barrios, a 25-year-old from San Antonio, is undefeated through 26 fights (17 KOs). He was last seen on the Davis-Santa Cruz undercard, defeating Ryan Karl by sixth-round TKO. Barrios, at 5-foot-10 with a 71-inch reach, boasts major physical advantages over Davis, who stands at 5-foot-5 ½ with a 67.5-inch reach.

Date and location for the matchup are still being decided at this time.

https://theathletic.com/news/gervont...s/7p9jg22b9KER

If Tank beats Barrios I wonder how many people will complain about that fight. Very few people give Tank any credit on here. I for one think he could be a household name as long as he is dedicated to his training.

Comment

I'm a Plant fan and I like his story and style but be careful when you say things because Canelo fought the best of his generation in Floyd Mayweather so he couldn't Billy Joe that is; do a thing Canelo hasn't seen before. All these fighters want to be great but are not doing great things. I believe Plant has what 21-0 record and that's impressive unless your name is Floyd Mayweather who by the time he had 21 fights, 17,18, 19. 20, 21 his opponents had a combined record of 178-13-2 now plant if I look at your last 5 fights it's like 149-16 and impressive with even one champion but Floyd had 3 former champions at this time, so why is this relevant because Canelo brings so much experience and championship exposure you have yet to see so I say this to say; you not ready yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

If Tank beats Barrios I wonder how many people will complain about that fight. Very few people give Tank any credit on here. I for one think he could be a household name as long as he is dedicated to his training.
                  Haters gonna hate regardless! That's just part of the game. What they can't say, is that he's picking someone too old, or too small! Barrios is a live dog!

Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Haters gonna hate regardless! That's just part of the game. What they can't say, is that he's picking someone too old, or too small! Barrios is a live dog!
                    It's not a bad fight, especially if it's at 140. Barrios size and length should provide some hurdles. I certainly won't criticize it but Barrios is unproven in my opinion, his best win was a disputed decision against Akhmedev. Big step up for Barrios from the Cowboy Karls of the world even if it is against a smaller Davis.

Comment

Working...
                    X