Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: Saunders Won't Lay Down Versus Canelo - At Least Not R...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Haters gonna hate regardless! That's just part of the game. What they can't say, is that he's picking someone too old, or too small! Barrios is a live dog!
    Yes Barrios is and that's actually a fight I'd love to see. I do think Tank can win it if he can get inside on Barrios. Like you said though haters will hate and at the end of the day not give him credit.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

It's not a bad fight, especially if it's at 140. Barrios size and length should provide some hurdles. I certainly won't criticize it but Barrios is unproven in my opinion, his best win was a disputed decision against Akhmedev. Big step up for Barrios from the Cowboy Karls of the world even if it is against a smaller Davis.
      It is at 140, and it's for Barrios' WBA Secondary title. If Tank can beat a 5'10" Jr. WW, I will give him his props! I would've rather him fight a "proven" fighter like GRJ! BTW, Ryan Garcia is unproven too, but everyone would've said otherwise, unless Tank beat him!

kushking likes this.

Comment

This is gonna be one boring f**k fight. BJS will most likely be giving a lot of movement and not standing still at all. I'm sure Canelo will get the nod even if BJS sweeped 8 of the rounds just because, well, Canelo. I just don't see this as an exciting or entertaining fight to put on during cinco de mayo weekend...

Comment

This fight is close. I see BJS doing really well until hes stopped by a body shot. Otherwise El Pacman is 100% right.
          Tank will get out jabbed and frustrated for about 4-6 rounds but then he will catch him and plow right through a hurt Barrios
          Last edited by Wacked_Out; 03-04-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Can't see anyone of note Canelo missed not using boxrec etc any way why don't you enlighten us where are these fighters with excellent records that he missed hiding?
            I'm assuming you going to come up with no guys who never did anything you fanboy for.

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Canelo’s career has effectively been absent since he was at middleweight. Dayzin USA has facilitated a steady diet of stiffs. But somehow Hearn militants want me to think that boxing in the USA would be better off under Edward’s control......

Comment

Another garbage fight. And so it goes

Comment

As slick as BJS can be, he aint boxed a guy whos defensive offence is as good as canelos. Billy joe will be punching air for most the night, till canelo lands flush enough times to stun him and then he goes in for the stoppage. Late stoppage canelo rounds 8-9-10. Billy do well to last the 12 without gettin stopped, dropped or hurt.

Comment

It's an okay fight and if it isn't competitive and Saunders gets the snot beaten out of him. The more the better.
                  NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                    I can see a reasonably close fight for about eight rounds, then Canelo finishing stronger. I don't think he necessarily stops Saunders.
                    I'm leaning upset, but yea even if I'm wrong I don't think BJS is getting KO'd here. I think Canelo's power has been overrated & I think BJS's ring IQ/craftiness is being underrated here.

That said I get it. People haven't seen the taking a fight for real version of BJS in like 3 years or some sh^t. He's been waiting for this fight or a big fight of some sort the whole time I feel like.

Comment

Canelo can definately be outboxed as long as the fight stays in the centre of the ring BJS Can pull it out like he did Lemieux

Comment

Working...
                      X