Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Canelo taking heat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post


    Some people might feel like he could’ve paid this dude money to step aside.
    Why?

    Canelo wanted to stay busy anyway and who would he have fought in February instead? - Saunders made it very clear he is not fighting Canelo unless he gets a proper training camp because he’s not there for money and take a four week training camp like Callum Smith did.

    So the likelihood is he could have paid Yildirim to step aside and fought someone equally as bad in February, And he would still have a mandatory hanging over his head anyway if he didn’t get out the way.

    Canelo did the right thing, it’s not his fault. It’s not his fault his mandatory is a guy that couldn’t even last 3 rounds with Eubank.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
      Why is Canelo or Eddie Hearn getting some of the blame for Yildrim being positioned in the mandatory spot when Yildrim was put in the mandatory spot when the PBC'S David Benevidez was the WBC champion?

      Where was the complaints when he was installed as mando to Benevidez from the ppl who are complaining now?

      What should they of done? Said your a good enough mando for this PBC fighter but we will have to uninstall you now because its Canelo?

      Dont get me wrong Yildrim lost his last fight then was inactive, there is no way he should of been mandatory for anybody. But why is Canelo getting the heat for it?
      ​​​​​​
      because he can fight anyone and there is ample evidence he asked for yildrim to be positioned in that spot.

      Deankly, I think a lot of diehard fans didn’t care about this fight more than have been criticizing him.

      I think it’s worse to have fans not care.

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

        Why?

        Canelo wanted to stay busy anyway and who would he have fought in February instead? - Saunders made it very clear he is not fighting Canelo unless he gets a proper training camp because he’s not there for money and take a four week training camp like Callum Smith did.

        So the likelihood is he could have paid Yildirim to step aside and fought someone equally as bad in February, And he would still have a mandatory hanging over his head anyway if he didn’t get out the way.

        Canelo did the right thing, it’s not his fault. It’s not his fault his mandatory is a guy that couldn’t even last 3 rounds with Eubank.
        Canelo’s supposed to be p4p1. No such thing as a stay busy fight anymore. Every fight should be box office.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

          Canelo never offered anything to Beterbiev. An hour after his team made that claim, Beterbiev called it a lie, and said to call him to set a fight up.

          crickets.
          No. People were making rumors that Beterbiev was ducking Nelo, but Beterbiev simply had other plans. I don't think Beterbiev is ducking, but Canelo DID at least send an offer. And at the time he fought Kov, Kov was definitely regarded higher than Beterbiev.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

            because he can fight anyone and there is ample evidence he asked for yildrim to be positioned in that spot.

            Deankly, I think a lot of diehard fans didn’t care about this fight more than have been criticizing him.

            I think it’s worse to have fans not care.
            Sure it's your lie...

            "Yildrim was the WBC mandatory because the vacant WBC title was on the line (ask David Benavidez why) when he fought Anthony Dirrell (in February 2019), and he lost that fight in close and somewhat controversial fashion. So, what needed to happen was an immediate rematch to settle matters. But instead, Dirrell fought Benavidez in September 2019 and was stopped in nine rounds."

            Comment


            • #26
              Wait until he signs for PBC after the BJS fight, that heat would turn into something else. Watch the narrative after that.

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

                because he can fight anyone and there is ample evidence he asked for yildrim to be positioned in that spot.

                Deankly, I think a lot of diehard fans didn’t care about this fight more than have been criticizing him.

                I think it’s worse to have fans not care.
                So You are saying Yildrim was not already the mandatory fighter for the 168 WBC belt and there is ample evidence that it was in fact Canelo that asked for Yildrim to be placed in the position so he could fight him?

                I'd love to see some of this ample evidence as there is ample facts that prove he was I stalled into that position when Benevidez held the belt.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
                  To be fair to Yildirim he was also robbed in that last fight he lost.
                  Yup most thought Ylidrim beat Dirrel.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Not a Canelo fan but if the WBC positions someone so weak as a mandatory then how can he do any better than to fit him in weeks after his last fight and weeks before his next one? I don't see anyone else doing that.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by LeOoze View Post

                      No. People were making rumors that Beterbiev was ducking Nelo, but Beterbiev simply had other plans. I don't think Beterbiev is ducking, but Canelo DID at least send an offer. And at the time he fought Kov, Kov was definitely regarded higher than Beterbiev.
                      I'm telling you straight from Beterbiev's mouth, neither him nor his team received any offer or any contact. Nobody even made a phone call.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP