Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zhilei Zhang Hospitalized, Held For Observation Following 10-...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
    Wish him a speedy 100% recovery. He gave it his all.
    Yep decent fighter ,learned the hard way to get those hard rounds in by fighting nobodies for years ,but he should learn and be very dangerous again his next time up .

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Anyone can get dehydrated ,what are you talking about ?
      Yes obviously but you know what I meant by that. And if you don't then I don't know what to say. Do I really need to spell it out?

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

Yes obviously but you know what I meant by that. And if you don't then I don't know what to say. Do I really need to spell it out?
        He doesn't know what anyone means by anything

Comment

Well your statements don’t make sense again , weight has nothing to do with dehydration. Go see Klitschko vs Brewster , being a heavyweight has no relevance if someone lacks hydration during a fight .

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            Well your statements don’t make sense again , weight has nothing to do with dehydration. Go see Klitschko vs Brewster , being a heavyweight has no relevance if someone lacks hydration during a fight .
            Right because fighters at lower weights draining all the water weight from their bodies, some to dangerous degrees, has nothing to do with dehydration. Or a heavyweight not having to make weight has no relevance on that. Certainly shouldn't be a normal thing for a professional conditioned athlete to be dehydrated like that after 10 rounds. Not like it was a feverish pace or anything.

And you mean the fight where Wlad claimed his food was tampered with and Steward said he had either really high or really low blood sugar? Nothing anywhere about dehydration... There's more about poisoning conspiracy theories and people just saying he straight gassed out...
            Last edited by YoungManRumble; 03-01-2021, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Has he been in Wuhan lately?

Comment

Right because fighters at lower weights draining all the water weight from their bodies, some to dangerous degrees, has nothing to do with dehydration. Or a heavyweight not having to make weight has no relevance on that. Certainly shouldn't be a normal thing for a professional conditioned athlete to be dehydrated like that after 10 rounds. Not like it was a feverish pace or anything.

And you mean the fight where Wlad claimed his food was tampered with and Steward said he had either really high or really low blood sugar? Nothing anywhere about dehydration... There's more about poisoning conspiracy theories and people just saying he straight gassed out...
                What point are you trying to make? It's called Rhabdomyolysis Bermane Stiverne had it after his first fight with Wilder and Junior Dos Santos a former UFC champion had it after his rematch with Cain Velasquez it is damage to the muscle fibers that results in problems with the kidneys hence the renal failure. Dehydration has nothing to do with being conditioned in fact it can be a result of over training as well or just extreme physical exercise will being improperly hydrated (a boxing match).

I saw Zhang gas himself out after getting overconfident and rightly so he had Forrest out on his feet it's boxing it happens. I don't think he was in bad condition he just threw too many punches for a guy that big hey he still went 10 showed he is a warrior everyone is talking trash about him but if he would've died then what. Maybe he overtrained, undertrained or all those body shots took a toll either way doctors are confirming he obviously had something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post

What point are you trying to make? It's called Rhabdomyolysis Bermane Stiverne had it after his first fight with Wilder and Junior Dos Santos a former UFC champion had it after his rematch with Cain Velasquez it is damage to the muscle fibers that results in problems with the kidneys hence the renal failure. Dehydration has nothing to do with being conditioned in fact it can be a result of over training as well or just extreme physical exercise will being improperly hydrated (a boxing match).

I saw Zhang gas himself out after getting overconfident and rightly so he had Forrest out on his feet it's boxing it happens. I don't think he was in bad condition he just threw too many punches for a guy that big hey he still went 10 showed he is a warrior everyone is talking trash about him but if he would've died then what. Maybe he overtrained, undertrained or all those body shots took a toll either way doctors are confirming he obviously had something.

I'm not doubting it especially when it's confirmed by doctors. Just thinking it's odd and not as common at heavyweight. Also saying dehydration and weight are unrelated is obviously false even if that's not the case here, doesn't mean they aren't often related.
                  Makes more sense now though that you explained with that Rhabdomyolysis syndrome. Would seem easier to get that as a heavyweight too.

Comment

Entertaining fight. Forrest is a tough fighter - went the distance with Hunter, should have beaten Franklin and could have beaten Takam. He started slow and got caught by Zhang's impressive power, if Forrest wasn't as tough and resilient as he is then Zhang would be seen in different light. Instead Big Bang punched himself out and gassed. I still think he poses danger (early) to a certain level of fighter and wouldn't mind seeing him in against some other fringe guys.

Comment

I have just seen the fight, Forrest was doing good in last rounds. Too bad for him it was only 10-rounder. I can`t see Zhang moving to the next level, not yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X