Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Boxing Should Have Only One Champion Per Weight Class

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
    Would Canelo have ever been a world champion if there was one champion per division?

Nope.

Then why say such? PR.

154 Floyd
    160 GGG
    168 "I'm a small middleweight"
    175 "I'm a small middleweight"

"I fought the best at 168" but only after they looked extremely vulnerable against a nobody. Refused to conceed any of his 35 million guarentee before Ryder but after Ryder I'll fight Smith for peanuts.

"I fought the best at 175" in an over the hill Kovalev that literally almost got KTFO by a euro league talent. I also needed him to have a short camp for this fight and slapped him with a 10lb rehydration clause.

Literally the first time Canelo could have ever become a champion is 2018 when he "won" a controversial close decision over GGG.
    154-yes,floyd retired
    160-he beat GGG
    168-he is fighting there now

what are you talking about exactly?

Comment

True, too many champs, then you got too many claiming to be no1

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

Canelo is fighting a mandatory thats trash but when it was golovkin he waited 3years and then charlo he ducked and became "franchise champ". Bivol has to get him outta the way then Ramirez whixh is a good fight. Also hes not a cash cow or the "face of boxing" like ginger so he obviously doesnt have that pressure idiot. And wtf does bivol have to do with anything?

lmao dumbass
        That line of reasoning makes no sense at all.

1. Canelo didn't make GGG wait 3 years, fight was signed in 2.

2. Charlo or his team turned Canelo down twice. When Canelo vacated the WBC belt he was in the middle of a court case. If you're still salty about Canelo/Charlo not happening, well it can easily happen in September. All Charlo has to do is get Plant in May. Why isn't Charlo pursuing that fight? Or are you and he expecting Canelo to fight every challenger out there while Charlo fights his bum of the month fight and cry/wait for Canelo to call his name?

3. Who cares who's the cash cow, this sport is about making the best fights possible. When is Bivol/Beterbiev going to happen? Or is this another case of "well Canelo needs to fight every single guy out there, meanwhile everyone can sit on their "0"

But you and everyone else can keep crying about Canelo, as if this weekend's fight is his only fight of the year. For Canelo this is just a tune up for the May unification, the September unification and a Decmember fight. Meanwhile guys like Bivol, Andrade and Charlo fight these Yldrim type of guys as their big signature "once a year fight" and cry and complain Canelo's not calling them out, while getting heralded by the same imbeciles that are crying about tomorrow's fight as great champs that Canelo is ducking. "Let's preserve dat "0" "eye test doe"
        ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

The bogus franchise belt started with Canelo, and infected at least one other division. So, I don't know what he's talking about. Isn't he still a franchise something at 160?

Comment

So says the guy who accepted the franchise title and fought what could’ve been a unification match at a 155 pound catch weight. Dude is a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post

Canelo speaks the the but doesn't walk it.

What do you call that?

Look at his career and tell me he's fought the best guy in every division to become the champion of that division.

Canelo became a world champion at 154 by beating WHO?

Canelo became a world champion at 160 by beating WHO?

People like you are the problem. You can't even do your own damn research and bow over like a dog. Hard to think for yourself?

He lost convincingly to Mayweather and thus starting fighting as a middle weight. If there was only one champion at 154 Canelo would have NEVER become a champ at that weight.

Is that right yes or no? Are you fuxking that ******ed? Please answer that question.

You think Canelo was ready to fight GGG when it was time for him to fight Cotto in 2016? Please. Canelo did everything he could to avoid GGG and still was given a gift draw decision.

Was Cotto the best at MW? Was he?

You say, Canelo could say the sky is blue and I'd have a problem and that'd be the furthest thing from the truth. People like you get your feelings so hurt when Canelo it's criticized it's ****ing embarassing.

Canelo WAS the Middleweight champ whether you like it or not. He beat Cotto (Lineal) he beat GGG(recognized champ) and Jacobs (the #2). Cry all you want, but those are facts.

Canelo is the lineal 168 champ. He beat beat Smith who was the champ. If that's not convincing enough, baring some act of God this weekend, he'll fight BJS in May to unify 3 of the four belts. Still not convinced? If he wins, then he's going after the IBF in September.

Apart from 175, he HAS fought the best guy in every division he's been in. Who did he miss at 160? And don't say Charlo and Andrade, those two need to grow a sack and fight somebody with a pulse. Andrade has never faced a former or current champ.
              kushking kushking likes this.

Comment

if we go by lineal then canelo would only be lineal at middleweight by beating a small old war torn past prime cotto.lost against floyd, lara and twice against ggg.

Comment

It’s pretty easy to understand to any normal genuine boxing fan. Canelo still believes one of the main reasons he got beat by Mayweather was because he was the B side and forced to drop those last few pounds to get the fight. Ever since then he’s been the A side so has used weight to his advantage when moving through the divisions. Like it or not that’s what A sides do. It’s a business and history will only remember wins and belts not catch weights. Simple. It’s all down to Floyd. He devised the formula and made a fortune from it. History will remember Canelo as a great. If you’re too dumb to recognise that and feel privileged to watch his work whilst it lasts then really you’re not a true fan. I’ve been watching since I was 7 and saw Spinks beat Ali. I’m no casual but it’s easy to see those who are. True fans respect good fighters wherever they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post
                    this sport is about making the best fights possible.
                    It don't feel like thats been the case for decades.

It feels like boxing is about maxing out your upside by staying relevant inside the ring by fighting a solid to great opponent every other fight if you have to, every third opponent if you can get away with it, & by staying relevant outside the ring via whatever SM platform you can excel at the most.

Comment

This thread replies just prove why Fighters shouldnt care about one thing us fans want from them and just continue to try to make the most money they can.

Comment

Working...
                      X