Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teofimo Lopez Purse Breakdown! OVER 50% GONE OFF THE RIP! ARE MY BREAKDOWN CORRECT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has always been the bad face of boxing. Men get rich who don't deserve it, on the backs of fighters who risk there lives.

http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lNXTKVxOmfk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by TJ highway; 02-26-2021, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post

well **** like that dont really scale, for instance the sanctioning bodies usually get capped at a certain number and at that rate your trainer and team get a flat fee, your promoter usually only getting 15% so the more you make the less you are spending in a way.
      Still...let's say he takes 25 and not 11....it's still a rip of 15 Mil.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post

Additionally, the purse bid is 6,018,000...not 6,180,000. 65% of that is $3,911,700. Based on the percentages,

Lopez gets $3,911,700
        20% to Top Rank - $782,340
        12% To ABC - $469,404
        20% to Manager/Trainer etc - $782,340

Before taxes, Teo is making $1,877,616...a $627,616 increase from his $1.25M minimum.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 02-26-2021, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

Sorry you lost me here, what's the 3x4 coming from? Shouldn't that be 24 divided by 2? Sorry I'm not understanding.
          3% is the base fee the sanctioning bodies take. Theirs 4 sanactioning bodies onthe line, the WBA, WBO, IBF, WBC.

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
          Sad really how many people have a right to dip their hands into your money before you are allowed to.

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

Still...let's say he takes 25 and not 11....it's still a rip of 15 Mil.
          But yeah big chunks are taken off regardless. Its how this crazy sports go. #boxing

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Additionally, the purse bid is 6,018,000...not 6,180,000. 65% of that is $3,911,700. Based on the percentages,

Lopez gets $3,911,700
          12% To ABC - $469,404

Before taxes, Teo is making $1,877,616...a $627,616 increase from his $1.25M minimum.
          :thumbsup:

Comment

Where did you get those percentage numbers from? I get the organization %'s because those are public but I didn't know Top Rank and Manager %s were known

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
              Triller put up $6,180,000 (the IBF mandates 65-35 split in Lopez favor)

Lopez gets $4,017,000
              20% to Top Rank - $803,400
              12% To ABC - $482,040
              20% to Manager/Trainer etc - $803,400

So after all expenses are paid off he has a taxable income of $1,928,160 (which should be taxed at 37% = $713,419)

So after all expenses paid off and his personal income taxed he has $1,214,741 take home from a $4,017,000 paycheck. #BOXING

I think when you got multiple belts you can lower the % you pay so I don't think 12% would be going to the ABC groups. I've heard other multi-belt holders bring it up. How low you can get it idk or got any guesses on doe.

I also don't know the specific deal Teo has with his trainers & manager so I'll assume you know more than me on this or 20% is just your best guess.

BUT that said I think you are in the right direction largely with this estimate. And just think how sh^tty he'd have done if he'd not gone to a purse bid & just taken the $1.2M gross offer when this $4M gross purse bid outcome works itself out to $1.2M take home pay.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                Where did you get those percentage numbers from? I get the organization %'s because those are public but I didn't know Top Rank and Manager %s were known
                Bob has been saying he's getting 20%.

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
                  Bob gets $800,000 for this fight and all he has to do is absolutely nothing + Lopez has a 3 year contract and this fight will now push his contract a few more months since is not company

200.gif
                  I've never heard of anything like that & I don't believe it to be true. I mean its not like this is a injury situation where Teo is out of the ring for x months & therefore TR would be losing value for x months by him not being able to fight. Teo is fighting & TR gets a check. There is nothing happening here that would require the contract to be extended.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Lopez gets $3,911,700
                    12% To ABC - $469,404

which would also be taxed

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                      Yup 20% is what is being reported, is what Bob Arum is claiming and Teofimo contract was leaked a few months ago I never seen em and cant find a copy but it was confirmed they were leaked so someone seen them.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I think when you got multiple belts you can lower the % you pay so I don't think 12% would be going to the ABC groups. I've heard other multi-belt holders bring it up. How low you can get it idk or got any guesses on doe.

I also don't know the specific deal Teo has with his trainers & manager so I'll assume you know more than me on this or 20% is just your best guess.

BUT that said I think you are in the right direction largely with this estimate. And just think how sh^tty he'd have done if he'd not gone to a purse bid & just taken the $1.2M gross offer when this $4M gross purse bid outcome works itself out to $1.2M take home pay.
                      Yeah I heard other fighters mention it but I have never been able to pin point any data on that so I think that is just a on case by case basis for figthers who even bring it up (I think most just pay up and shut up) Also I did some digging and found on wbc rules they do cap the fees at 100K so I'll readjust my estimate right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X