No announcement yet.

The Heavyweight trying to save boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Show me an official source that says Martin was never a world champion?

Comment

So Martin was never great. He's not the first non-great belt holder. Does that diminish the fact that it was a 15 fight pro who put up enough money to take his belt?

Would people prefer he waited for someone more elite? Who?

He went and won that belt. Paid Martin a fortune and backed himself to convert the belt into further opportunities. Then he took a big chance against the Klitschko that had been chasing his Fury rematch.

Then paid what it took to get Parker in the ring (ranked 3 at the time).

Who else was doing this? It seems like every other boxer refuses to accept less than they think they're worth when offered a chance to win a belt. Joshua didn't - he went after the belts.

Boxing fans repeatedly say they want belts unified. Well Joshua is the only one actively trying to unify the division. It's a bloody tough thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Lennox left no doubt in the rematch against Rahman. And he drove McCall into a mental breakdown.

Joshua on the other hand ran a track meet in an oversized ring against a horribly out of shape Andy Ruiz. And when he did get brave enough to trade heavy artillery Ruiz made him back off real quick.

Like I said...this rivalry hasn't been settled conclusively.
        Riiiiiight, Lewis is the cause of McCall's breakdown

Rahman left no doubt against Lewis in the first fight, knocked him out cold.

Comment

Sure it does, AJ is an average boxer who is overrated by casuals who don't know boxing.

Or is he underrated by fans of other fighters, for example yourself as a fury fanboy?

Joshua has not only won gold, but regularly wins majority if not all rounds in a fight regardless of KO,s. he doesn’t just rely on the one shot power in the way wilder has against a number of fighters (and successfully I should add).

underestimate someone who has fought by far the toughest amongst his era and KO’d all but two whilst winning almost all individual rounds at your peril.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
            Or is he underrated by fans of other fighters, for example yourself as a fury fanboy?

Joshua has not only won gold, but regularly wins majority if not all rounds in a fight regardless of KO,s. he doesn’t just rely on the one shot power in the way wilder has against a number of fighters (and successfully I should add).

underestimate someone who has fought by far the toughest amongst his era and KO’d all but two whilst winning almost all individual rounds at your peril.
            Joshua didn't deserve to win a gold medal, Savon was blatantly robbed and I thought he lost to Cammarelle as well.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

Your opinion doesn't matter, I didn't voice an opinion. You opened with a lie. Let's dive in:

There's already a thread on this forum where I covered the ranking of Wilder's defenses prior to him fighting them. Because the lie Wilder's never fought a top ten is old and all you've added was an age requirement....foolishly. So if you want a detailed ranking for who where look for that because it already exists. For this, all I need is one and you are wrong. So let us focus on Szpilka.

Artur Szpilka still isn't 35 now let alone years ago. He was ranked 11 a full year prior to fighting Wilder. He picked up a string of W's in 2015 to bump him from 11 to 7 by August of 2015. He fights Wilder Jan 2016. By then Carlos Takam had bumped to 7 after his string of W's in 2015 relegating Artur Szpilka, who was 27 years old in 2016, to 8th when he fights WBC champion Deontay Wilder.

Not fought any top tens? Wasn't even a good lie.
              27 ranked below 400
              11 ranked top 100 Of which 4 were top 20

It has to be the worst r?sum? of any heavyweight champion.
              He's fought a whole lot of nobody's and Tyson Fury.

Comment

It's not AJ's fault if American Heavyweight "Champions" are clowns.

He has fought everybody he needed to and made them look bad.
                He has not dodged anybody and beats whoever is put in front of him.
                If he is "average" and overrated how come he beats all the best boxers in the world continuously?

IF you can't understand that you can only fight opponents that exist and can't create better opponents when you are already fighting THE BEST IN THE WORLD, you are an absolute fanny flap.

Comment

Only God can save this pitiful sport. They are a huge disgrace.
                  Current crop of top fighters have all kinds of excuses not to fight each other.
                  And now old farts like Tyson and Holyfield are trying to save it.

Comment

Originally posted by Angeljuice View Post

27 ranked below 400
                    11 ranked top 100 Of which 4 were top 20

It has to be the worst r?sum? of any heavyweight champion.
                    He's fought a whole lot of nobody's and Tyson Fury.
                    Promotional ranks? Reference to history? dude, you are a waste of my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

Promotional ranks? Reference to history? dude, you are a waste of my time.
                      He has only fought 11 top 100 boxers in a heavyweight career including 10 title defences.

I could list the 27 boxers ranked below 400 in the world, but it is hard to get any in depth information about them as they barely qualify as professional boxers.

​​​​​3/4 of his opponents weren't even ranked in the top 100 at the time they fought.

I'm not attacking you at all, just pointing out Wilders record.

Comment

Working...
                      X