Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Heavyweight trying to save boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is currently the best division in terms of competition 'Not the most skilled and talented, but there are a lot of game fighters'.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Joshua and Ruiz are 1-1. Who the better man is hasn't been proven yet in my book, there needs to be a rubber match.
      Does that logic also apply to Lewis vs Rahman/McCall?

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post

In theory yes. That's why this 'score' stuff is nonsense. It's not soccer. 1-1 doesn't mean the honours are split. Joshua went into the matchup as champion and came out as champion.

If a champion avenges their defeat without question then there's no need for a trilogy in my opinion. The champion earned their status - they can have a bad night, but beating them twice removes that doubt.

No one needs to see Joshua v Ruiz 3 to understand who the better fighter is.

Again, we never got that with Fury v Klitschko. Was it just a bad night for Wlad? That outcome was far less satisfactory for me than Joshua v Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

When you pick and choose which top tens who are officially ranked to recognize why should anyone listen to what you have to say next?

When you open with an outright lie why should anyone think you have anything of worth to say?
          ??? Wilder is overrated. Fury showed that by hiring him with ease. Wilder has zero wins over top ten opponents under 35. Fact. Let that sink in for moment.

Fury absolutely tested positive. Fact.

Which to the above is untrue? You insult the Rock by listing such garbage. I'll be back to read your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Won't go down as a great because people rate him too highly? I'm not convinced that makes sense.
            Sure it does, AJ is an average boxer who is overrated by casuals who don't know boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

??? Wilder is overrated. Fury showed that by hiring him with ease. Wilder has zero wins over top ten opponents under 35. Fact. Let that sink in for moment.

Fury absolutely tested positive. Fact.

Which to the above is untrue? You insult the Rock by listing such garbage. I'll be back to read your reply.
              Your opinion doesn't matter, I didn't voice an opinion. You opened with a lie. Let's dive in:

There's already a thread on this forum where I covered the ranking of Wilder's defenses prior to him fighting them. Because the lie Wilder's never fought a top ten is old and all you've added was an age requirement....foolishly. So if you want a detailed ranking for who where look for that because it already exists. For this, all I need is one and you are wrong. So let us focus on Szpilka.

Artur Szpilka still isn't 35 now let alone years ago. He was ranked 11 a full year prior to fighting Wilder. He picked up a string of W's in 2015 to bump him from 11 to 7 by August of 2015. He fights Wilder Jan 2016. By then Carlos Takam had bumped to 7 after his string of W's in 2015 relegating Artur Szpilka, who was 27 years old in 2016, to 8th when he fights WBC champion Deontay Wilder.

Not fought any top tens? Wasn't even a good lie.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post

Lennox left no doubt in the rematch against Rahman. And he drove McCall into a mental breakdown.

Joshua on the other hand ran a track meet in an oversized ring against a horribly out of shape Andy Ruiz. And when he did get brave enough to trade heavy artillery Ruiz made him back off real quick.

Like I said...this rivalry hasn't been settled conclusively.

Comment

You’re majorly diminishing what Wilder has achieved and majorly inflating what AJ has accomplished. Is there really much difference between Stiverne and Parker/Martin? Or Ortiz and Povetkin? Both have some good wins and have made multiple defences but neither have any great wins. There best opponents on paper are all near or over 40.

The only hugely impressive name on AJ’s resume is Wlad and he was 41, 18 months inactive, hadn’t won a fight in two years and was coming off a one sided loss. All factual.

The only hugely impressive name on Wilders name is Fury and he was very competitive in the first fight but got crushed in the rematch. So make of that what you will.

Fury on the other hand went to Germany and beat an 11 year undefeated Klitschko who had made 18 consecutive defences. Historically impressive win. Also went to America stopped Wilder who had made 10 consecutive defences and had the highest KO ratio of any HW champion. Historically impressive win.

If you remove opinion and narrative and look at the facts, Fury is head and shoulders above any other HW in this era.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

He will never go down as a great because he's overrated, and got KO'd by a fat man, he's also never beaten a legitimate champion, and his best win is still Tyson Fury's leftovers.

I don't appreciate his character either, he's fake and a borderline racist.

History will show that there was one true champion in this era, and it ain't Joshua.
                    LOL those champions Joshua beat were legitimate, ive checked all official stats.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post

LOL those champions Joshua beat were legitimate, ive checked all official stats.
                      Yep, you don't get more legit than this man.

anthonyjoshua4_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqoLsWuTYoGBhq4xzPkpA3JATOMBIwKelMFXSxnU53V2k.jpg
                      RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X