No announcement yet.

Palle To Sue Mikkel Kessler, Showtime and Sauerland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a bum bandit. :laff2:

Why do great guys like Gatti and Forrest have to die, whilst old farts like Palle stay alive and do nothing but *****?

Comment

What whiny, low-class, vindictive old bastard.

However, I'm fairly certain Sauerland were confident of their legal position when they signed Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by OttkeTurpin View Post
        What whiny, low-class, vindictive old bastard.

However, I'm fairly certain Sauerland were confident of their legal position when they signed Kessler.
        I obviously do not know the story, but I wonder if Palle is just trying to swindle a piece of the pie.

Comment

That's fine as long as they check his hand wraps before the Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogs View Post
            My guess is that this piece of self indulgent whining is written by Palles American PR-guy, Mike Marley. The short abrubt sentences is a trademark of Marley. But they do convey the way of thinking of Palle. This is nothing new.

The truth is, Kessler has never been an expense to Palle. Kessler was on Danish national TV from his very first fight, as one of the attractive fighters to justify Palles then still lucrative tv-deals and draw viewers to the screen. For the last 5-6 years, Kessler has been the cash cow of Palles otherwise dwindling business.

Also, the article does not mention what seems to be the core of the conflict: That Kesslers manager, Mogens Palles daughter Bettina Palle, took one-third of Kesslers purse against Calzaghe. Mogens Palle took the Scandinavien tv-rigths for himself, earning him an amount that is estimated to have surpassed Kesslers purse.

It's true, however, that when Mads Larsen was injured before his WBA title fight against Siaca, Palle bumped him out of the fight instead of postponing it, and replaced him with Kessler. That's when Larsen chose to break out of his contract with Palle.

But again: These retorics are nothing new. Fighters such as Mads Larsen, Rudy Markussen, Reda Zam Zam and Dennis Holbaek Pedersen have been the subject of similar attacks.
            aha ha ha.
            is this lois?
            that sure seems like that pig palle here not marley.

kessler needs to move all assets out of scandi and get away. move to states where he can get some real pros training him. his corner was pathetic against cal and all these second tier tuneups since then has left him rusty.
            get free then get some real pro's in your corner mike!

Comment

True, Kessler was a big name in DK even before he turned pro. His amateur fights were being aired on primetime TV at times. And he was touted as the biggest Danish boxing talent ever. He would have been huge if he had fought under any promoteer. At least other promoters would have waited till he had fought in the olympics (to give more exposure), had given him big fights sooner (what is the point of giving the guy a 9-4-3 fighter in his 27'th pro fight?) and not screwed around with Showtime like the Miranda farce, or wasted his time trying to get him fights with Mads Larsen, and secured him some real exposure outside DK, which Palle never could.

Comment

**** Palle. Kessler got a chance to finally do sumthin wit the tourney upcomin, and Palle wants to ***** cuz he's left out. To hell wit him.

Comment

Kessler just cant get rid of this guy UGH

Comment

Obviously a guy trying to score a little extra for his pension. He promoted Ayub Kalule, Bredahl brothers and Tom Bogs. What a way to end such a career.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanihm View Post
                      True, Kessler was a big name in DK even before he turned pro. His amateur fights were being aired on primetime TV at times. And he was touted as the biggest Danish boxing talent ever. He would have been huge if he had fought under any promoteer. At least other promoters would have waited till he had fought in the olympics (to give more exposure), had given him big fights sooner (what is the point of giving the guy a 9-4-3 fighter in his 27'th pro fight?) and not screwed around with Showtime like the Miranda farce, or wasted his time trying to get him fights with Mads Larsen, and secured him some real exposure outside DK, which Palle never could.
                      Complete and utter bull****. No one in Denmark had ever heard of Kessler as an amateur. In fact he never even fought at senior/elite (as it is now called) level. He was a U17 European champion, but that garners no attention here whatsoever. Denmark hasn't had any amatuer boxers that were known to the general population since the mid 80'es. I'm a former fighter/current trainer here in Denmark, and have been a fight fan all my life, and I hadn't even heard of Kessler before he turned pro, and when he did I thought, like everyone else here, that he was just another overhyped young fighter who wouldn't make it at the world level.

In short, Kessler was nobody as an amateur as far as the public was concerned. In fact, he only started to gain popularity when he beat Siaca, which is a relatively short time ago. As much as I hate to, I have to agree with Palle, that he did a great job with Kessler's career (at least until the Calz fight), and he definitely didn't make any money on him un his first 30-35 fights, quite the contrary, he invested money in him.

Comment

Working...
                      X