Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you be rooting for: Haye or Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
    His fight with Ray Mercer made me a fan.

That was the pinnacle of destructiveness, brutality and aggression. He made Mike Tyson look like a ***** cat.
    You've got me interested now... but I can't find a decent AVI. :conf3:

(I refuse to download that low-quality WMV ****.)

Comment

Originally posted by lest26 View Post
      Haye is a ****, i think and hope Vitali will break him, Haye s an arrogant **** who is so full of himself it makes me want to vomit, its a case of be careful what you wish for because there is no way Haye can take the power of Vitali, he will get Knocked clean out, his only chance is to go all guns blazing from the get go.
      I agree with you 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
        Do me a favor, will ya? Tell me what makes you think Haye has a solid chance in this fight, aside from being able to **** at cruiser? I've watched many of his fights, and I can't see anything he has that gives him more than maybe a 10% shot at this. If he changed his **** dramatically, he might move up to maybe a 35% chance in my book, but that's with some big-ass changes.
        Okay I will enlighten you. Haye will be the fastest fighter Klitschko has faced. As strong and tough as Vitali has looked he's also looked very slow and plodding. His footwork is very poor as is his workrate. If Haye wanted to, though I don't think he will, he's athletic and quick enough to outbox Vitali. Haye is in his prime, he's hungry, he's got masses of self-belief, that is a dangerous combination. Haye also likes facing much taller fighters. I know Vitali hits hard and Haye does not have the best defence, but by the same token, Vitali is there to be hit too, and Haye is quick enough to hit him repeatedly, and I don't think any fighter out there can take his punches repeatedy.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          You've got me interested now... but I can't find a decent AVI. :conf3:

(I refuse to download that low-quality WMV ****.)
          Wow...I can't believe you haven't seen it.

Wladdy was a monster in that fight.

If he fought like that all the time, he'd have people beat before they even stepped in the ring.

Comment

neither....

the HW division is a JOKE.

Comment

Originally posted by THEDOC View Post
              Okay I will enlighten you. Haye will be the fastest fighter Klitschko has faced. As strong and tough as Vitali has looked he's also looked very slow and plodding. His footwork is very poor as is his workrate. If Haye wanted to, though I don't think he will, he's athletic and quick enough to outbox Vitali. Haye is in his prime, he's hungry, he's got masses of self-belief, that is a dangerous combination. Haye also likes facing much taller fighters. I know Vitali hits hard and Haye does not have the best defence, but by the same token, Vitali is there to be hit too, and Haye is quick enough to hit him repeatedly, and I don't think any fighter out there can take his punches repeatedy.

Very little you said here makes any sense. Haye likes to fight much taller guys? Where in hell has he found cruiserweights taller than him? He fights low coming in, with a low guard. That is not the style of someone who likes to fight taller guys, that's what someone looks like when he's fought guys much shorter than him his entire career.

Fast, yes. Fastest? Maybe, but Kirk Johnson had damn fast hands, so did Corrie Sanders. But whatever the case, Haye certainly isn't the biggest puncher Vitali has faced...probably not even in the top 5. And having caught big, flush shots from both Sanders and Lewis, I don't look for anything landed by Haye to do a great deal to Vitali.

What I do look for is Haye to get caught by that left hook-ish thing that Vitali throws every time he gets close, and for him to get frustrated and try rushing Klitschko, only to get caught with more lefts, and some following right hands as the payoff for it. I'm not even sure that Haye, with his current style, will even be able to put leather on Vitali.

He'll get outmuscled, outjabbed, and knocked out, provided he doesn't quit on his stool first.

Comment

Haye is currently a Heavyweight division FRAUD! He talked his way into a shot and I can't get behind someone who is a fraud.

Somehow you forgot in your post that Vitali has an iron chin and telephone pole jab. You also forgot Haye's questionable chin and his lack of experience in the HW division. Haye likes fighting taller fighters? How many 6'7 tall fighting guys has Haye faced? Please elaborate on that.

Better boxers that Vitali has faced than Haye:

Chris Byrd
                JC Gomez

Comment

Do me a favor, will ya? Tell me what makes you think Haye has a solid chance in this fight, aside from being able to **** at cruiser? I've watched many of his fights, and I can't see anything he has that gives him more than maybe a 10% shot at this. If he changed his **** dramatically, he might move up to maybe a 35% chance in my book, but that's with some big-ass changes.
                  Very little you said here makes any sense. Haye likes to fight much taller guys? Where in hell has he found cruiserweights taller than him? He fights low coming in, with a low guard. That is not the style of someone who likes to fight taller guys, that's what someone looks like when he's fought guys much shorter than him his entire career.

Fast, yes. Fastest? Maybe, but Kirk Johnson had damn fast hands, so did Corrie Sanders. But whatever the case, Haye certainly isn't the biggest puncher Vitali has faced...probably not even in the top 5. And having caught big, flush shots from both Sanders and Lewis, I don't look for anything landed by Haye to do a great deal to Vitali.

What I do look for is Haye to get caught by that left hook-ish thing that Vitali throws every time he gets close, and for him to get frustrated and try rushing Klitschko, only to get caught with more lefts, and some following right hands as the payoff for it. I'm not even sure that Haye, with his current style, will even be able to put leather on Vitali.

He'll get outmuscled, outjabbed, and knocked out, provided he doesn't quit on his stool first.
                  I can see it makes no sense to you as you don't know your facts. Errrrm,Alexander Gurov, Enzo Mac anybody? Both 6 "4 -"5. His toughest fights thus far against Thompson and Mormeck, guys 6 feet at most. He has also never lost to an eastern european fighter, EVER, including his expansive amateur career.
                  That says to me this guy knows how to fight this straight up and down slo fighters, and he matches up well.

Neither of those two fighters are close to being as speedy as haye, or athletic. I never said he was the biggest puncher Vitali has faced, your putting words in my mouth there. But his power is getting bigger every fight, and linked to that are the speed of his punches.

Haye wouldn't quit on his stool, it's not in his nature, so you can rule that out. Sure Vitali's jab is an obstacle but one that can be overcome.

Comment

I can see it makes no sense to you as you don't know your facts. Errrrm,Alexander Gurov, Enzo Mac anybody? Both 6 "4 -"5. His toughest fights thus far against Thompson and Mormeck, guys 6 feet at most. He has also never lost to an eastern european fighter, EVER, including his expansive amateur career.
                    Gurov was 6'5" but was very fragile, having previously been KOed by three journeymen: Dunstan KO 1, Aouissi KO 3 and Miller KO 2.

Enzo Mac is about 6'4" but had been KOed by Swaby KO 3 (Swaby 's record was 7-9) and has been KOed by Afolabi and Lebedev since the Haye fight.

Mormeck was a naturally smaller man, 3 or 4 inches shorter than Haye at 5'11". He had previously been KOed by O'Neil Bell.

Carl Thompson, who defeated haye, was three inches shoter than Haye at 6'0". He was naturally smaller than Haye, and had fought at light heavyweight. He'd been stopped five times before he fought Haye: Ashley KO 6, Davis KO 2, Zellers KO 4, Nelson KO 5, and Rocchigiani KO 11.

Comment

Haye, **** the B1TCHKO Brothers...

ya I've said it....
                      Last edited by Sox8055; 07-21-2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X