No announcement yet.

Klitschko vs Povetkin Not Likely For September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkstar777 View Post
    Povetkin was suppose to fight Wlad last December, but remember he injured his leg? Then he decided to take a tune-up and fight Estrada in April, if anything it's Povetkin that's delaying the fight. I think it would be best for Chambers and Wlad to fight in late October or early November and Povetkin fight the winner.
    I agree. This is TWICE now Povetkin has delayed the fight with Wlad.

Wladimir should go ahead and fight his WBO mandatory Chambers this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
      Povetkin MUSt be an idiot to choose Teddy Atlas as his trainer.
      His commentary in FNR4 sucks, too. I would've preferred the Showtime guys.

Comment

Saurland thinks Wlad won't be ready ?? i don't think so..

Comment

This is TWICE now Povetkin has delayed the fight with Wlad.
          So shouldn't you be as pissed at him as you were with Haye? He's basically being a ***** in much the same way, except this time he doesn't have an injury excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Artur Kyshenko View Post
            Saurland thinks Wlad won't be ready ?? i don't think so..
            He's wrong, Wlad wants to fight Povetkin in Sepember. If not, Wlad said he'd fight Chambers or Arreola.

It was Sauerland/Povetkin that applied for and were granted the extension for the IBF mandatory until Dec 12.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              So shouldn't you be as pissed at him as you were with Haye? He's basically being a ***** in much the same way, except this time he doesn't have an injury excuse.
              I agree with you.

Wlad should tell Povetkin to go f*** himself and fight Chambers instead.

Comment

I agree with you.

Wlad should tell Povetkin to go f*** himself and fight Chambers instead.
                What's big Val doing, anyway? Is it still the Ruiz re-rematch...?

Comment

I agree...

Povetkin MUSt be an idiot to choose Teddy Atlas as his trainer. Here's what Donny Lalonde says about Atlas:

"Generally speaking I performed poorly when I was being trained by Teddy as his focus on negativity had reduced my overall confidence in myself."

"The reason I fought some stiffs when I was with him is a direct result of what he DID to me as a fighter, look at my career before and after and you can see it was much better ANY time I wasn't with Teddy. Sorry Teddy but the proof is in the record books. I was the Champion of the World!!"

"I hope he gets the psychiatric help he apparently needs."

Kirk Johnson, Michael Grant and Shannon Briggs all make similar comments about Teddy Atlas.
                  It really depends on the person and how they react based on their own "self."

I've always thought Atlas was probably wrong for Tyson anyway and that he was lucky to have Rooney afterwards. Not saying Atlas couldn't have helped him out in other ways but as far as a trainer, it just seemed Tyson took off when he got with Rooney who used positive reinforcement.

Sometimes people work good when you use negative reinforcement because they are people who feed off it to prove you wrong while others may need that confidence builder personality next to them to make them succeed. You see coaches do this all the time...even mixing it up depending on the player.
                  What it may do in a way, it may toughen you up if you can get over it but if you can't, it will break you down.

Tyson, in an interview leading up to the Williams fight, if I remember right, said Atlas wasn't that good of a trainer and then took another shot at him.

But then you have guys like Briggs who speak the World of Atlas and even Moorer.

He seems to know many things and maybe there is a trainer inside him but he may have a few screws loose which plays into his Ego which prevents him from being a great trainer.

Not sure. It's hard to know when you don't know the Man personally and haven't been trained by him.

Comment

Y'all shouldn't be surprised, Atlas said they were gonna look to fight a tuneup in September.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                      What's big Val doing, anyway? Is it still the Ruiz re-rematch...?
                      Yes, whenever Don King gets around to setting it up, which could be a long time...

Guillermo Jones is supposed to be fighting his mandatory Brudov for the WBA cruiserweight title, but he's a Don King fighter too so it could be a long time too.

And then there's another King fighter Daniel Santos, the WBA 154 titleholder who was just dropped from the BoxRec ratings due to not fighting for over a year.

Comment

Working...
                      X